Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I've thought of this as well and would love Jrue maybe more than Kyrie and he's 7m less and much better on defense.

My question is why would NO want to be the NO Knicks? And the money left over is not enough to pay a vet min? Don't forget the ghost contracts.
    Well in the deal they would be getting Mitch. A player that not only Knicks fans love but the Pels as well. Then they can get our draft pick which hopefully will be JA or RJ. Knox and Frank are nice pieces. Then we have some good draft picks we could add in. Knicks package should not be under estimated. A good blend of players performing now, players with potential, and first round draft picks.

Is Kyrie better than AD + 27m in cap space? That could bring some really nice players here?

You ever see Holiday lock down a player? This is the Frank defense we are talking about lol, he's legit and he's shut down many a great player. He also had a great couple of seasons. Not sure how anyone can say Jrue is no a good PG, really off he cliff on that statement.

What if that 27m brings you Middleton with AD? what if it brings you maybe a Kemba? Or what if it brings you a Randle/Green/ariza?
    Yep Jrue is one of the best defenders in the game right now...and can drop 20 on top of that. And he actually runs an offense instead of looking to shoot first all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    I actually think they would. No other team has anything better they can offer...

Top 5 pick with knox, frank dsj and conditional future 1st is an outstanding deal
    You're about $8mln shy of a trade, see what still keeps saying. Or is the idea to do this before signing 2nd max?

Is Kyrie better than AD + 27m in cap space? That could bring some really nice players here?

You ever see Holiday lock down a player? This is the Frank defense we are talking about lol, he's legit and he's shut down many a great player. He also had a great couple of seasons. Not sure how anyone can say Jrue is no a good PG, really off he cliff on that statement.

What if that 27m brings you Middleton with AD? what if it brings you maybe a Kemba? Or what if it brings you a Randle/Green/ariza?
    I am sorry maybe I am missing something but where does this 27 M come from if we KD? So you are saying its KD, AD, Jrue and then 27 M cap space? You lost me there. I haven't been following the cap stuff but how is that possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Dmagic387 View Post
    I am sorry maybe I am missing something but where does this 27 M come from if we KD? So you are saying its KD, AD, Jrue and then 27 M cap space? You lost me there. I haven't been following the cap stuff but how is that possible?
    Yes elaborate please

no you didn't include Jrue in the post I referenced. It was Kyrie vs AD, nothing to do with Jrue, and yes I'd take Jrue and AD all over Kyrie and our roster if we are talking picks 4 and 5.

no you didn't include Jrue in the post I referenced. It was Kyrie vs AD, nothing to do with Jrue, and yes I'd take Jrue and AD all over Kyrie and our roster if we are talking picks 4 and 5.
    What about picks 2 or 3? It gets a lot closer but I still do it.

I said Kyrie is > than AD + trade. Meaning we would just be signing Kyrie where as AD would get the money and it would cost us a huge package to get him that includes our draft pick.

KD, I thought was assumed to be apart of this roster in these dream scenarios. Now, I def make the trade if we can lock up all 3.

But if KD is on the team and my choice is signing Kyrie or trading for AD + Jrue then I taking Kyrie.

KD, Kyrie, + draft pick >>>> then KD, AD, and Jrue

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    What about picks 2 or 3? It gets a lot closer but I still do it.
    Add in one mil for each pick additional so pick three gives us 2mil more

I said Kyrie is > than AD + trade. Meaning we would just be signing Kyrie where as AD would get the money and it would cost us a huge package to get him that includes our draft pick.

KD, I thought was assumed to be apart of this roster in these dream scenarios. Now, I def make the trade if we can lock up all 3.

But if KD is on the team and my choice is signing Kyrie or trading for AD + Jrue then I taking Kyrie.

KD, Kyrie, + draft pick >>>> then KD, AD, and Jrue
    I can only agree because we have our young talent still and I'm a big beliver in Mitch and think Knox is going to really take that next step next year. But without I'm not sure how valuable the 4th and 5h picks are vs Jrue, I like his game a lot. And he's not a Kyrie but his contract is actually not as bad as it's being made out it does not escalate which most do at 8% increases, so it gets friendlier each year.

I've said this I think KD, Kyrie and Mitch and Knox make up a contending team, Knicks would need to trade Frank so we can sign a vet that is a proven 3&D guy with these vets joining us and for Frank's money we have players out there like Ariza, or use it on Jordan a vet center that can pass and set mean picks and be there with Frank for one more season.
    Then get vet min deals on say Crawford, yes at 39 he put up 52, he could help off the bench and then we have the room for 4.6 we can use on another player who can shoot and lock down defend like Green.

I'm not sure some posters understand that the Knicks without KP make these conversations even happen.

AD retracted his statement and put Boston on the list and went against his dad. Also why are Lakers out? All new regime, Magic was the culprit and he's gone, and NO will be dumb not to take the best offer instead of not doing business on principal.

I still want to keep Zion, no guarantees but the evidence looks really promising, and Mitch as well.

Look their are other trades we can make in smaller groups or even alone, that can help the team. You don't have to sell the ship.

I think the Pel's would be foolish to trade Holiday they should build around him with the AD trade, not start from scratch. what FA's will go to NO especially without either of them?
    It wasn't Magic, he wasn't the problem. NO had a problem with it's Pelinka and to a lesser degree Jeannie Buss and at the moment they are both currently there.

I can only agree because we have our young talent still and I'm a big beliver in Mitch and think Knox is going to really take that next step next year. But without I'm not sure how valuable the 4th and 5h picks are vs Jrue, I like his game a lot. And he's not a Kyrie but his contract is actually not as bad as it's being made out it does not escalate which most do at 8% increases, so it gets friendlier each year.

I've said this I think KD, Kyrie and Mitch and Knox make up a contending team, Knicks would need to trade Frank so we can sign a vet that is a proven 3&D guy with these vets joining us and for Frank's money we have players out there like Ariza, or use it on Jordan a vet center that can pass and set mean picks and be there with Frank for one more season.
    Then get vet min deals on say Crawford, yes at 39 he put up 52, he could help off the bench and then we have the room for 4.6 we can use on another player who can shoot and lock down defend like Green.

I'm not sure some posters understand that the Knicks without KP make these conversations even happen.
    Why do contracts matter if we will be maxed out anyway? What is the difference at that point? I am not even taking his contract into consideration, just him as a player. He isn't good, he is in that 17-25 range for PGs. He isn't efficient for today's game at all even considering that last season was one of his better years. I will pass on him.

Now if Kyrie doesn't want to come here and my only option is KD and AD + trade I do it. I am def not a fan of signing Kemba or some else to this type of deal.

I only want to see KD, KL, Kyrie, and/or AD on this team next year. If I see Kemba, Tobias, or Butler I am going to kill someone. The only other player I would consider is Klay Thompson.

Like if our core was KD, Klay, Zion or Ja... hmm that isn't too bad. Its not winning, but it would be fun to watch.

Contracts always matter - Maxed out or not. For all your contrarian thinking, that's classic Knicks right there.

Why do contracts matter if we will be maxed out anyway? What is the difference at that point? I am not even taking his contract into consideration, just him as a player. He isn't good, he is in that 17-25 range for PGs. He isn't efficient for today's game at all even considering that last season was one of his better years. I will pass on him.

Now if Kyrie doesn't want to come here and my only option is KD and AD + trade I do it. I am def not a fan of signing Kemba or some else to this type of deal.

I only want to see KD, KL, Kyrie, and/or AD on this team next year. If I see Kemba, Tobias, or Butler I am going to kill someone. The only other player I would consider is Klay Thompson.

Like if our core was KD, Klay, Zion or Ja... hmm that isn't too bad. Its not winning, but it would be fun to watch.
    I'm not even sure how you can make that statement, that is the sad part of the NBA today he's not flashy he's just damn good.

He is the best defending PG right now in the league, he can drop 30 on you and rack up the assists.

When you watch him lock down players in the playoffs that usually go off how is that not considered very good or not a good PG, even forgetting he can drop 30/10 and defend the crap out of someone?

Look at the end of the day it won't happen and I believe most would say if Kyrie didn't come, I want Kyrie, contrary to a couple posters who are drinking the cool aid the media is giving, should listen to Smart who is his teammate then say you don't want Kyrie.

I'm one who said before they traded KP that if the Knicks get wind that two FA's were coming based on KP's attitude he would be traded in a heart beat, so I honestly believe the Knicks got wind that Kyrie would come if he could bring a friend named KD.

How much sense does it make, first I'm not going anywhere I'm a Celtic then the eve, not the next day the eve of KP being traded he then states I no one anything, I have to do what is best for me and my family?????

I mean to me it was clear as day, Knicks got wind and KP opened the door and bang.....Knicks have a ton of options now.

I truly hope it is Kyrie and KD, there will be more to follow I can almost guarantee it, and they will start by using Franks salary and continue if a trade pop up to use the young talent.

And I'm not sure of guys like KD and Kyrie who wouldn't like a 22 year old who defend the entire court, and has great hands for slams off pick and rolls, its a nice feeling to have a big behind you like that, I can't wait till he breaks out his offense.

Let's start with Tuesday we are almost there lol......

I dont want this scenario to happen.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast