Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    If the Knicks pick below 3 I strongly consider it. I think the draft drops off after Zion, Ja, and RJ.
    They are apparently very high on Cam Reddish and feel his game can translate well in the NBA. I too think Cam Reddish has a very high ceiling but had an average season after having lofty expectations set on him in Duke. Having said that if we get the 4th or 5th pick I'm definitely open to trading it for AD.

Ad can be had without giving up mitch...Salaries would match if we gave up Knox, Frank, DSJ and Dotson...

I too am of the mindset of either giving up Mitch and future picks OR top 5 pick but we keep mitch.

I'm going to go back to an idea I had posted a few months ago. I think the Knicks should try and swing a deal for both AD and Jrue. With AD being traded this year and NO rumored to have Jrue on the block because of his high salary I wouldn't mind trading everything then as long as I am getting both of them.

The Knicks could have KD, AD, Jrue, and a small bit of cap space to make a minor move it two.

Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    They are apparently very high on Cam Reddish and feel his game can translate well in the NBA. I too think Cam Reddish has a very high ceiling but had an average season after having lofty expectations set on him in Duke. Having said that if we get the 4th or 5th pick I'm definitely open to trading it for AD.

Ad can be had without giving up mitch...Salaries would match if we gave up Knox, Frank, DSJ and Dotson...

I too am of the mindset of either giving up Mitch and future picks OR top 5 pick but we keep mitch.
    NO won't do it without both Mitch and our pick. This is AD we are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    that would be great but the monies don't work, you have to really watch that when you do your trade scenarios

You need to be within 25% + 100K of AD's salary so if it's a 3rd pick do the math with the players you added you can't do the trade.

We keep saying if you want AD it's not a choice of the Knicks you must gut the team if you have two max FA's.

And if you have two max players that meant either Frank or Trier had to be traded first for a top 3 pick.

So sorry Mitch and Dot are gone from your scenario.

Let me add this, if NO was to make a trade with a team like the Knicks they first have to clear roster spots for all these players coming including the draft pick........I'm not sure a trade with the Knicks can realistically happen vs other teams that have higher salaried players..........

Just saying if you want AD then you better hope KD says that is the guy and go make the trade first and then you have your big two.......and then can sign others but not Max guys.

This is actually the reality of the CBA..........it's not as easy as some make it out to be or think the FO can pull the strings and make it happen.

There is one thing I do know.........if KD and Kyrie do come we better have a plan for another center to join because Mitch can't play 48 minutes and many times he has two fouls before the halfway mark of the first quarter............so just saying that is a tremendous need.
    This is why I proposed to get a 3rd team involved - to help match salary (dump players).
    Backup Center will by DJ on min.

I said it before if you have chance to build a core of KD/Kyrie/AD for Zion you do it in a heartbeat there is no reason to stay in the middle you either go all in for championship run or you rebuild from scratch this win while groom the young guys is too complicated strategy for the Knicks let them do what they do best throw dumb money at three superstars and vets they won't be scared of paying luxury tax for winning once in their life. You also have to consider that winning championship/deep playoff run for next 3-4 years will change knicks image around the league for good which will be much greater then whatever zion can bring alone.
    Last edited by cheetos185; 05-10-2019 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    I said it before if you have chance to build a core of KD/Kyrie/AD for Zion you do it in a heartbeat there is no reason to stay in the middle you either go all in for championship run or you rebuild from scratch this win while groom the young guys is too complicated strategy for the Knicks let them do what they do best throw dumb money at three superstars and vets they won't be scared of paying luxury tax for winning once in their life. You also have to consider that winning championship/deep playoff run for next 3-4 years will change knicks image around the league for good which will be much greater then whatever zion can bring alone.
    Lol that's so sad tho. No faith in the org to build the roster up organically so we have to settle for quick fixes that usually don't end up well. And also inorder to get all three don't they all need to take significant pay cuts to make it work similar to the maimi situation?

NO won't do it without both Mitch and our pick. This is AD we are talking about.
    I actually think they would. No other team has anything better they can offer...

Top 5 pick with knox, frank dsj and conditional future 1st is an outstanding deal

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBrotha View Post
    Lol that's so sad tho. No faith in the org to build the roster up organically so we have to settle for quick fixes that usually don't end up well. And also inorder to get all three don't they all need to take significant pay cuts to make it work similar to the maimi situation?
    With ALL due respect - this is nonsensical...KD is a generational type of player that you CANNOT pass up on no matter what.

I actually think they would. No other team has anything better they can offer...

Top 5 pick with knox, frank dsj and conditional future 1st is an outstanding deal
    Lakers and Celtics can beat our offer if it doesn't include Mitch.

Lakers and Celtics can beat our offer if it doesn't include Mitch.
    Well we already know they aren't going to do business with the Lakers...so it really comes down to the celtics...and if AD says he won't re-sign with Celtics, Danny Ainge isn't going to throw the farm.
    Don't get me wrong, Danny Ainge gonna shoot his shot and it may be pretty good but he ain't gonna go all out for a player he ain't gonna re-sign. After all what would be the point of giving up Tatum and Brown to get AD, not win a chip and then lose AD that same summer...?

I'm going to go back to an idea I had posted a few months ago. I think the Knicks should try and swing a deal for both AD and Jrue. With AD being traded this year and NO rumored to have Jrue on the block because of his high salary I wouldn't mind trading everything then as long as I am getting both of them.

The Knicks could have KD, AD, Jrue, and a small bit of cap space to make a minor move it two.
    I've thought of this as well and would love Jrue maybe more than Kyrie and he's 7m less and much better on defense.

My question is why would NO want to be the NO Knicks? And the money left over is not enough to pay a vet min? Don't forget the ghost contracts.

Leave it to the knick forum to underrate Kyrie and overrate the scrubs on the roster... Jrue is not a good PG. Not even a top 20 PG most likely. Don't want him at all.

Kyrie has played the best ball of his life since joining the celtics mainly because he has improved his range. Don't overthink it, KD and Kyrie all the way.

AD is a better player than Kyrie straight up but Kyrie is > then AD + trade

Well we already know they aren't going to do business with the Lakers...so it really comes down to the celtics...and if AD says he won't re-sign with Celtics, Danny Ainge isn't going to throw the farm.
    Don't get me wrong, Danny Ainge gonna shoot his shot and it may be pretty good but he ain't gonna go all out for a player he ain't gonna re-sign. After all what would be the point of giving up Tatum and Brown to get AD, not win a chip and then lose AD that same summer...?
    AD retracted his statement and put Boston on the list and went against his dad. Also why are Lakers out? All new regime, Magic was the culprit and he's gone, and NO will be dumb not to take the best offer instead of not doing business on principal.

I still want to keep Zion, no guarantees but the evidence looks really promising, and Mitch as well.

Look their are other trades we can make in smaller groups or even alone, that can help the team. You don't have to sell the ship.

I think the Pel's would be foolish to trade Holiday they should build around him with the AD trade, not start from scratch. what FA's will go to NO especially without either of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Dmagic387 View Post
    Leave it to the knick forum to underrate Kyrie and overrate the scrubs on the roster... Jrue is not a good PG. Not even a top 20 PG most likely. Don't want him at all.

Kyrie has played the best ball of his life since joining the celtics mainly because he has improved his range. Don't overthink it, KD and Kyrie all the way.

AD is a better player than Kyrie straight up but Kyrie is > then AD + trade
    Is Kyrie better than AD + 27m in cap space? That could bring some really nice players here?

You ever see Holiday lock down a player? This is the Frank defense we are talking about lol, he's legit and he's shut down many a great player. He also had a great couple of seasons. Not sure how anyone can say Jrue is no a good PG, really off he cliff on that statement.

What if that 27m brings you Middleton with AD? what if it brings you maybe a Kemba? Or what if it brings you a Randle/Green/ariza?

Just to be clear, Kyrie is the real deal, not sure how anyone could say differently.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast