Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BREAKING: AEW lands TV deal with TNT, announcement coming 5/15 at MSG

https://www.prowrestling.com/breakin...dia-next-week/

This is a really big deal, and the biggest competitor to WWE since TNA in 2010. In what has to sting for WWE, AEW is coming to Vince's old house, MSG to make the announcement.

What do you all think, are you excited?
    Fan of Red Sox , Chicago Bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA, Joshi Puroresu

2018-2019 UVA Men's Basketball National Champions

I would say AEW is already far more competition than TNA ever was. TNA claimed to be competition for WWE and that was their downfall. AEW seems to be taking a different approach...hopefully.

It would be amazing if they promote the show on inside the nba!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    I would say AEW is already far more competition than TNA ever was. TNA claimed to be competition for WWE and that was their downfall. AEW seems to be taking a different approach...hopefully.
    AEW is able to offer WWE fans another alternative that will give those types of fans what they want. A more old school wrestling related approach that presents wrestling as a sport. TNA offered an alternative but I donít know if they differentiated themselves enough from WWE. Itíll be interesting what kind of viewership this show gets

TNT is pretty impressive imo. Nice work AEW.

i really hope its a top station but i cant see how this will work long term... even wwe tv ratings are ****... wrestling just inst going to do it anymore and wwe beat that curve by having a network.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i really hope its a top station but i cant see how this will work long term... even wwe tv ratings are ****... wrestling just inst going to do it anymore and wwe beat that curve by having a network.
    Nobody watches the wwe cause it's the same **** week after week. Aew will have to keep it fresh and I'm sure they'll get viewers

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

I think it's be interesting what kind of viewership a "professional wrestling" show will in today's world. As opposed to WWE's "sports entertainment". There's obviously a core group of hardcore fans that are willing to pay and sell out arenas for a small handful of events. But to what degree can they parlay this to the mainstream?

Quote Originally Posted by redsox12 View Post
    https://www.prowrestling.com/breakin...dia-next-week/

This is a really big deal, and the biggest competitor to WWE since TNA in 2010. In what has to sting for WWE, AEW is coming to Vince's old house, MSG to make the announcement.

What do you all think, are you excited?
    I was thinking more like WCW? If they the (WWE) don't change they product soon I'm gonna start watching AEW.

Coming soon to a WWE Ring near you!

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    I was thinking more like WCW? If they the (WWE) don't change they product soon I'm gonna start watching AEW.
    Start? You should anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    Start? You should anyway.

What I mean is Iíll still watch the WWE till I can no longer take it.

Coming soon to a WWE Ring near you!

https://twitter.com/tntdrama/status/1128632147248668673

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/stat...31242927366145

So TNT made it official today. We don't have a start date except Fall 2019, no word on time or day but we did get the news that they will also stream on Turner Sports App B/R Live, and B/R Live will carry Double or Nothing.

Pretty exciting stuff.

They also said they want to have a real sports feel, which is very exciting to me.
    Last edited by redsox12; 05-15-2019 at 12:58 PM.
    Fan of Red Sox , Chicago Bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA, Joshi Puroresu

2018-2019 UVA Men's Basketball National Champions

wins: not getting paid from tnt so if they want to get paid the show has to be good. motivation
    b/r streaming

loses:

on a wednesday night, could be viewed a win (no head to head, unless you count nxt as competition) but tnt isnt bumping basketball for wrassling, thats never going to happen, ever.

50.00 ppv. again motivation. sure it will sell early because its new but if the product is **** or really if its not top flight their ppv buy rates wont last long. we ***** about the 9.99 product and maybe its crap because its 9.99 but it literally has to be top flight action, story and production here. im not paying 5x the amount for a ppv is the ppv isnt significantly better and no just being "good" isnt worth 5x the cost.

Wouldn't be the wisest decision but I'd love to see it on Monday night.

BREAKING: AEW lands TV deal with TNT, announcement coming 5/15 at MSG

Quote Originally Posted by Farty Farts View Post
    wins: not getting paid from tnt so if they want to get paid the show has to be good. motivation
    b/r streaming
    TNT is covering the production costs and AEW is getting an ad revenue split with a minimum guarantee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast