Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Jeanie is the worst owner in the NBA

Let's look at her wonderful resume since becoming full-time owner after her dad passed away:

- 0 playoff appearances and the worst record in the NBA over 6 seasons
    - 3 different coaches over that span, and no current coach
    - Gave Kobe $50M after a major injury
    - Failed to sign any marquee free agents except Lebron who was coming anyway to setup his post-basketball career
    - Failed to trade for any marquee free agents (maybe not her fault, but she could have insisted to trade for someone like Paul George)
    - Refused to bring back Jerry West into the organization even though he wanted to come
    - Hired her friend Magic as President, who had no experience and no willingness to do the day-to-day work required
    - Hired Pelinka as GM, who nobody likes except Kobe
    - Drafted Lonzo Ball over Jason Tatum or De’aaron Fox because it would be good for business
    - Wouldn’t let Magic fire said Pelinka, so he was forced to step down
    - Refused to look outside the organization for a replacement for Magic, instead giving prominent roles to Kurt and Linda Rambis (who?), her good friends, and more power to Pelinka, even though, again, nobody likes him and wants to do business with him
    - Let go of Luke Walton with no clear cut replacement
    - Lost out on Monty Williams to the Phoenix freaking Suns
    - Botched the Tyronne Lue hire with low-ball offer and ridiculous demands, now we have no coach and nothing is imminent

Bottom line, she is horrible. I’ve also heard the organization is basically behind every other team in scouting, analytics, and training, and being run like it’s still the 80’s. Jeannie is stuck in the past and trying to live off of her dad’s glory and run things like he did, when clearly times have changed. She refuses to look outside the organization or hire anyone with no Laker ties and runs the organization like a Mom and Pop shop. She is an embarrassment.

Maybe the only thing she did right was fire her brother, but I'm beginning to think he wasn't the problem.

What she really needs to do is sell the team, but we all know she’s too prideful to ever do that.

Anything else I forgot?

You're completely right, and the more we lose the longer she'll stay because she promised to her father to make the Lakers great again...
    We're screwed for many years guys, time to face it, did I forgot to mention lebron?....

I'd still, **** her

Quote Originally Posted by bleedprple&gold View Post
    Let's look at her wonderful resume since becoming full-time owner after her dad passed away:

- 0 playoff appearances and the worst record in the NBA over 6 seasons
    - 3 different coaches over that span, and no current coach
    - Gave Kobe $50M after a major injury
    - Failed to sign any marquee free agents except Lebron who was coming anyway to setup his post-basketball career
    - Failed to trade for any marquee free agents (maybe not her fault, but she could have insisted to trade for someone like Paul George)
    - Refused to bring back Jerry West into the organization even though he wanted to come
    - Hired her friend Magic as President, who had no experience and no willingness to do the day-to-day work required
    - Hired Pelinka as GM, who nobody likes except Kobe
    - Drafted Lonzo Ball over Jason Tatum or De’aaron Fox because it would be good for business
    - Wouldn’t let Magic fire said Pelinka, so he was forced to step down
    - Refused to look outside the organization for a replacement for Magic, instead giving prominent roles to Kurt and Linda Rambis (who?), her good friends, and more power to Pelinka, even though, again, nobody likes him and wants to do business with him
    - Let go of Luke Walton with no clear cut replacement
    - Lost out on Monty Williams to the Phoenix freaking Suns
    - Botched the Tyronne Lue hire with low-ball offer and ridiculous demands, now we have no coach and nothing is imminent

Bottom line, she is horrible. I’ve also heard the organization is basically behind every other team in scouting, analytics, and training, and being run like it’s still the 80’s. Jeannie is stuck in the past and trying to live off of her dad’s glory and run things like he did, when clearly times have changed. She refuses to look outside the organization or hire anyone with no Laker ties and runs the organization like a Mom and Pop shop. She is an embarrassment.

Maybe the only thing she did right was fire her brother, but I'm beginning to think he wasn't the problem.

What she really needs to do is sell the team, but we all know she’s too prideful to ever do that.

Anything else I forgot?
    Agree with everything except with scouting and drafting. I think we have done a pretty good job at that. Everything else pretty spot on.

Special Ops Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    I'd still, **** her
    That's probably why most of us havent done been calling for her head! 😆
    I have faith we will return to the promise land very soon. go lakers!!!!

100% Correct. The important point to me is that the strong perception for me and fans and free agents is that nobody is clearly in charge. Imagine negotiating a deal with Pat Riley only to find at the finish line that the Miami Heat owner's BFF stepped in and nixed the deal. Players want to know who is in charge, that people in the organization are on the same page and in harmony. If I were a premier free agent and grew up an avid Laker fan, looked at Steve Balmer, Doc Rivers and Jerry West and then at Jeannie Buss, Mr and Mrs Rambis, and Rob Palenka - the choice would be instant and sad. Jeannie is not a leader nor good business woman. She shunned the great and classy Jerry West 2 years ago because of some residual misplaced loyalty to Phil Jackson. Instead her counsel is Linda fricking Rambis. The Lakers are presently the joke of all of sports. Jeannie appears to me to be a glad handing marketing type who is in way over her head trying to micro manage a situation she is not experienced to do. Imagine not even picking up the phone to call Pat Riley, David Griffin, Bob Meyers, or the guy in Toronto. Why bother when you have Linda Rambis. It hurts to say, but I am no longer a Laker fan, not as long as Jeannie McCourt Buss owns this team. I am done. And I imagine LeBron is close to done also. Kawhi to Clippers.

Quote Originally Posted by lakers squad View Post

Quote Originally Posted by eddiebaby44 View Post
    100% Correct. The important point to me is that the strong perception for me and fans and free agents is that nobody is clearly in charge. Imagine negotiating a deal with Pat Riley only to find at the finish line that the Miami Heat owner's BFF stepped in and nixed the deal. Players want to know who is in charge, that people in the organization are on the same page and in harmony. If I were a premier free agent and grew up an avid Laker fan, looked at Steve Balmer, Doc Rivers and Jerry West and then at Jeannie Buss, Mr and Mrs Rambis, and Rob Palenka - the choice would be instant and sad. Jeannie is not a leader nor good business woman. She shunned the great and classy Jerry West 2 years ago because of some residual misplaced loyalty to Phil Jackson. Instead her counsel is Linda fricking Rambis. The Lakers are presently the joke of all of sports. Jeannie appears to me to be a glad handing marketing type who is in way over her head trying to micro manage a situation she is not experienced to do. Imagine not even picking up the phone to call Pat Riley, David Griffin, Bob Meyers, or the guy in Toronto. Why bother when you have Linda Rambis. It hurts to say, but I am no longer a Laker fan, not as long as Jeannie McCourt Buss owns this team. I am done. And I imagine LeBron is close to done also. Kawhi to Clippers.
    welcome to PSD!

true!

I’ve been saying we’re ****ed for awhile now..

Protest have been called for Friday morning, outside the Staples Center! Everyone that can, Make sure you show up with your signs!

Special Ops Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    I'd still, **** her
    I would to for money.

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    I would to for money.
    for money? lmfao what are you a gigolo?

I just want to know if you're going to be there Friday for the protest?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Agree with everything except with scouting and drafting. I think we have done a pretty good job at that. Everything else pretty spot on.
    I do agree that we've done a pretty good job of drafting, especially with the later picks. I think not hiring Lue was a great thing though, so I wouldn't count that against her. I do count it against her that he was even considered and that they made him an offer, but I am ecstatic that we're not bringing in Lue.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast