Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Williams a capable starter in the NBA? Williams able to play C the way the Coach wants? Green tinted glasses methinks.
    I don't think that's a super unrealistic take. He has skills. Stevens has been complimentary. I think projecting him to be an elite player is obviously being a homer but to think he can develop into a starting caliber player. In Anti's post he even put a timeline on that as after Kanter's 2 year deal so it's not like he was even saying right now.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Rumor trade scenario:

Cavs gets: Hayward & 2020 Bos 1st

Bos gets: T.Thompson & J.Clarkson

Kemba/Clarkson/Edwards
    Brown/Smart/Langford
    Tatum/Semi/GWilliams
    Thompson/Theis
    Kanter/Williams/Poirier/Tacko
    Last edited by esb; 09-22-2019 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I don't think that's a super unrealistic take. He has skills. Stevens has been complimentary. I think projecting him to be an elite player is obviously being a homer but to think he can develop into a starting caliber player. In Anti's post he even put a timeline on that as after Kanter's 2 year deal so it's not like he was even saying right now.
    I think he can certainly be a solid starter who is complementary to a good lineup within the next couple of years, and should be given a lot of playing time to gain experience. The guy is automatic threat in terms of rim protection, altering shot arcs, rebounds and inside dunks and those aspects make up for a lot of deficiencies in his game if the rest of the lineup is a threat to score. You don't really need him to be a star, just a role player that does all those things, which he does better than anyone else on the roster. Eventually you hope he develops more all-around and get better at the finer aspects of the game, but his raw ability already makes an impact every time he's on the floor, maybe even more than the much more skilled Theis or Kanter simply because that shot blocking presence is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by esb View Post
    Rumor trade scenario:

Cavs gets: Hayward & 2020 Bos 1st

Bos gets: T.Thompson & J.Clarkson
    no thanks, not giving up a first for mediocrity

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...celtics-tenure

Gotta respect that press conference...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

I think the C's will make room to keep both Green and Tacko on the roster. Green's experience in Europe plus his scoring skills, attacking nature and athleticism could make him one of the top options off of the bench especially since the starters have a tendency to get into brick contests. Tacko you just can't risk.

My preferred C's line up:

Kemba
    JB
    JT
    Williams
    Kanter

Bench: Edwards-Smart-Hayward-Theis-(TACKO )

I think you gotta keep Tacko he has great potential and is worth the spot to allow him to develop NBA skill.

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445