Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast

19'/20' Boston Celtic Offseason

Ideas/Predictions/Trades/FA signings/Contracts/Draft Picks/Future Draft Picks...

Current Roster on Salary...

Celtics UFA's/RFA's/Player Options...

Possible FA Targets...

Did I miss anything...???

I'm going to go way out on a limb with this one... The Celtic's pick up Semi Ojeleye's team option...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

What's your opinion on Kemba Walker to the Celtics? I feel like Kyrie is good as gone and Rozier sounds like he's done with the Celtics. What do you guys think?

I like kemba.

Kyrie walks.

Terry gets an unmatched offer.

Back to Coach BS System (yeessss) with

Kemba Brown Tatum Horford Baynes

Bench: Hayward Smart Semi Williams

Rookies: (PG)Garland, (C)Bol Bol & (SG)Herro......Danny makes this happen on Draft Day.

Guards:
    Kemba, Smart, Brown, Garland & Herro

Wings:
    Tatum, Hayward, Semi & (Brown)

Bigs:
    Horford, Baynes, Williams & Bol Bol

Trade Tatum/Smart/Yabs/Williams picks for AD.

Horford opt out. Resign 3/60m

Resign Kyrie.

Baynes opt in.

Rozier and Morris walk.

Sign FA Patrick Beverly and Danny Green.

Draft Keldon Johnson.

Kyrie/Beverly/Wanamaker
    Brown/Green
    Hayward/Johnson/Semi
    Horford/Theis/
    AD/Baynes
    Last edited by CELTICS4LYFE; 05-10-2019 at 08:12 PM.

Might as well go buck wild if we're resigning Kyrie LOL

(obviously my mock offseason won't happen)

try to pull off a sign and trade for Durant. Trade Horford + two of the firsts. They're "best friends" according to Kyrie, and Durant almost signed here before.

Try to pull off an AD trade with the Jaylen, Yabusele, Rozier sign and trade, and 2 firsts

Offer Tatum + Hayward + 1st rd pick to Toronto for sign and trade Leonard since he's such "good pals" with Kyrie.

after that just acquire junkyard dog types and jump shooters.

Davis / Williams / Baynes
    Leonard / Theis / Junkyard Dog type
    Durant / Ojeyele / Junkyard Dog type
    Smart / FA vet shooter / FA vet or Rookie shooter
    Irving / Wanamaker or some FA vet PG / Rookie G

Last edited by AntiG; 05-10-2019 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CELTICS4LYFE View Post
    Trade Tatum/Smart/Yabs/Williams picks for AD.

Horford opt out. Resign 3/60m

Resign Kyrie.

Baynes opt in.

Rozier and Morris walk.

Sign FA Patrick Beverly and Danny Green.

Draft Keldon Johnson.

Kyrie/Beverly/Wanamaker
    Brown/Green
    Hayward/Johnson/Semi
    Horford/Theis/
    AD/Baynes
    Where are you getting the money to sign Beverly and Green? We're over the cap. You'd be able to keep Rozier and Morris due to Bird Rights...However, you wouldn't be able to sign Beverly and Green if Morris and Rozier walk. You MIGHT be able to sign 1 of them for the MLE but they would REALLY have to want to come here because they could get more money elsewhere.

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by randyisgoinsolo View Post
    What's your opinion on Kemba Walker to the Celtics? I feel like Kyrie is good as gone and Rozier sounds like he's done with the Celtics. What do you guys think?
    I like Kemba Walker but it'd be extremely difficult to get him here. You'd essentially have to get Kyrie to agree to a S&T to Charlotte and Kemba to agree to come to BOS. Highly unlikely.

Otherwise, you'd have to trade a lot for him...Which I have no interest in doing at his age.

If you want to sign him outright...Say goodbye to Kyrie, Horford, Morris, Rozier, Baynes and we'd have to salary dump additional contracts. He's not worth that kind of clearing of the house.

As a player, I like him much better than Kyrie though. The money just won't work for him to come here

City of Champions

I don't expect any big splashes this offseason. I think they need to give this young core another year and see what they truly have and whether they can move forward with Tatum/Brown. Speeding up the process last offseason didn't work, doing the same this year likely won't provide any better results than what we just got.

Kyrie will leave. It's for the best. If we can work a sign and trade and pickup some draft capital, great.

Horford is the focal point of this team, I'd like him to stay another year one way or the other. Whether that means he picks up his option or we bring him back on a longer deal to finish his career here. He's a steadying force in the locker room and a good guy to have around the younger guys. Keep him.

Hayward is near untradeable at this point. With his health and contract his value is extremely low. Trading him now is not worth the return we'd get. We need another year to evaluate if he'll ever come back. A full, normal offseason of regular basketball activities and not focusing on rehab should do wonders. I also expect he'll be more comfortable without Kyrie and in Brads true system. His passing ability allows us to run the offense through him and Horford. Which means we can let Kyrie and Rozier both walk.

Morris and Baynes would both be welcome back if the money is right.

I'd like to add some good locker room guys to this group. Guys that play with grit and hustle and don't require the ball. They'll know their roles and do whats needed. This will allow the likes of Tatum, Brown and Hayward to have the majority of the usage in our offense and allow us to really evaluate where they're at and what this team needs moving forward - My top targets would be Pat Beverly, Pat Connaughton and Jared Dudley. Nothing thats going to wow you on paper. But they'd add a lot to this team.

Lastly, we need to draft well in the middle of this draft. I'd focus on getting some guys with upside but need a year or 2 of development. Similar to the Williams pick last year

PG - Beverly/Smart
    SG - Brown/Connaughton
    SF - Hayward/Morris/Dudley
    PF - Tatum/Theis/Ojeleye
    C - Horford/Baynes/Williams

Nothing sexy. Probably a 5-6th seed in the east (depending where other stars land). They'll be competitive though and still show the upside they have.

Unless we land an AD or KD this team isn't getting past MIL anytime soon. Giannis is the new LeBron. You need a player on that level to get past them, no matter how deep the team is.

If Tatum on this team can get past the 20ppg threshold with 8+rpg and Brown and consistently shoot and provide 16/6/6 we know they're worth building around. If Hayward can get anywhere near the mid 20's in ppg this team just might be a top 4 team in the East.

City of Champions

I really like Corey Joseph... He played under Pop's system... He's a pass first PG, who can get his shot off... He's all over the court when the ball is not in his hands... And, he's young...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

Kyrie to LAL...??? That would be a hell of a S&T... LeBron will have no problem gutting that roster, bringing Kyrie to LA and have the FO sign who he wants... Sounds kind of like a familiar LeBron story...

Reggie Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    Where are you getting the money to sign Beverly and Green? We're over the cap. You'd be able to keep Rozier and Morris due to Bird Rights...However, you wouldn't be able to sign Beverly and Green if Morris and Rozier walk. You MIGHT be able to sign 1 of them for the MLE but they would REALLY have to want to come here because they could get more money elsewhere.
    Would we free up money if Horford opts out? Do we retain his bird right if he does?

I think both of those guys would be “ring chasing vets” willing to take less money.

Def would want Beverly of the 2, we need a vet PG off the bench to control the show. Green because I like him but another 3&D guy would do...even keep morris is money is the issue to bring someone else in.

This is my plan IF Kyrie stays and to field the BEST team possible.

P.S. You said Brown avg 16/6/6??? Lol no way! Half the assists....if your lucky.

Would we free up money if Horford opts out? Do we retain his bird right if he does?

I think both of those guys would be “ring chasing vets” willing to take less money.

Def would want Beverly of the 2, we need a vet PG off the bench to control the show. Green because I like him but another 3&D guy would do...even keep morris is money is the issue to bring someone else in.

This is my plan IF Kyrie stays and to field the BEST team possible.

P.S. You said Brown avg 16/6/6??? Lol no way! Half the assists....if your lucky.
    If Horford opts out we still have his Bird Rights but he’d also have a “cap hold” of either 120% or 150% of his last years salary (I forget which figure it is), so it essentially frees up no cap space and actually costs us more until he’s resigned or we release his rights.

They may take less but are they going to take $5-10mil less? Doubtful. Especially Green who’s already on a better team. Beverly maybe, but again, I’m not buying it. He has 1 contract left, he’ll want to bank as much as he can on a good team. He’ll have plenty of suitors. And may just stay in LAC if they can land a max guy.

I love Green and Beverly, I just doubt we can afford them both without wholesale changes. And if we did that, what’s the point?

Brown avg. 13/4/1.5 as basically the 5th option on the team. That’s with Kyrie holding the ball most of the time. In my scenario with a ball movement offense and Brown as the 3rd-4th option, I don’t see it as being out of the realm of possibilities. He averaged 14.5/5/1.6 the year prior again as a 5th option. He has it in him if he’s higher up the option chain.

Both are 2nd round picks who have never made more than 10m a season. I doubt they’ll be trying to break the bank. And being on a “better” team also depends on all the other moves this season IF we keep Kyrie and trade for AD we will attract ring chasers.

So for salary cap reasons we could do my scenario but keep Morris and sign Beverly. What options do we have to bring any outside talent in my scenario?

S&T Rozier? Exceptions?

And my point about Brown was the assists. Points and rebounds yeah, but he isn’t going to avg 6 assist in any scenario.

Both are 2nd round picks who have never made more than 10m a season. I doubt they’ll be trying to break the bank. And being on a “better” team also depends on all the other moves this season IF we keep Kyrie and trade for AD we will attract ring chasers.

So for salary cap reasons we could do my scenario but keep Morris and sign Beverly. What options do we have to bring any outside talent in my scenario?

S&T Rozier? Exceptions?

And my point about Brown was the assists. Points and rebounds yeah, but he isn’t going to avg 6 assist in any scenario.
    Yes in your scenario the only way we’re getting outside talent would be through exceptions, sign and trades or vet minimum deals. I’m not saying guys chasing rings are impossible to come by but I wouldn’t bank on it. And ones draft round 10 years ago is in no way going to be in consideration how much a team pays them. Their talent will be. And the player who was a second round pick is more likely to chase money due to lesser career earnings than a former first round pick.

Jaylen has played with ball dominant PGs his entire career which is why his assist numbers are lower than they should be. In my scenario we wouldn’t have that ball dominant PG. and in Brads passing offense I see no reason his assist numbers wouldn’t sky rocket. You have provided no evidence otherwise outside of comparing his play in a different type of offense

City of Champions

Wouldn’t bank on it? We see vets take less money to play with contenders every single year. So I think it’s pretty safe to say those guys or others would take less to win.

What have you provided to say he’s all of a sudden going to be avg 6 assist a game??? Never more than 2 assist in his life so I think 6 is a stretch. Like I said maybe half that. In your scenario we still have Smart(would be starting not Beverly) Horford and Hayward who would all assist far more than Brown. He didn’t even avg 2 during the playoff run last year with the stars out, unless rozier is a “ball dominate pg” lol he’s a scorer not a passer.

Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast