Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast
    We should add a vet with the last roster spot not another young guy. Whos left for FA?

I wouldn't mind adding Tyson Chandler as a Veteran presence

Quote Originally Posted by CELTICS4LYFE View Post
    We should add a vet with the last roster spot not another young guy. Whos left for FA?
    Bring back Amir...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

if vet, sign Vince Carter. He'd be a great influence on all of the youngsters.

Edit - Eh forget that.

Let Hayward prove himself and flip him for Turner.
    Last edited by CELTICS4LYFE; 07-11-2019 at 12:16 PM.

Id rather go young for the last roster spot. I want as much playing time as possible available for the young guys and any additions should be made with the future - assets wise, in mind.

I get wanting to add character and leadership but I think we already have that in Kemba and Gordon. Tatum and Brown arent rookies anymore. This team needs to create its own identity and culture.

I think were past the point where we need to have guys here just for leadership roles. We need to have an opening and see who steps up and fills it. When you have veteran vocal leaders it can hinder the younger guys from stepping into those roles because they dont want to step on a veteran guys toes.

How bout a Beal trade.

Was gets: Brown, Hayward and Semi
    Bos gets: Beal and Mahinmi

Celts then signs Rebko and Iggy or Vince

Boston Squad:

Kemba/Edwards/Wanna
    Beal/Smart/Langford
    Tatum/Iggy or Vince/GWill
    RWill/Theis/Rebko
    Kanter/Mahinmi/Poirior
    Last edited by esb; 07-11-2019 at 01:46 PM.

Since the team is going Center by committee, maybe see if Dwight Howard is interested in taking a 1 year vet min contract, he'll likely be better than any of the rotation options, and it will give the team an actual center, and he'll have a chance to win a ring in a wide-open Eastern Conference.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    Id rather go young for the last roster spot. I want as much playing time as possible available for the young guys and any additions should be made with the future - assets wise, in mind.

I get wanting to add character and leadership but I think we already have that in Kemba and Gordon. Tatum and Brown arent rookies anymore. This team needs to create its own identity and culture.

I think were past the point where we need to have guys here just for leadership roles. We need to have an opening and see who steps up and fills it. When you have veteran vocal leaders it can hinder the younger guys from stepping into those roles because they dont want to step on a veteran guys toes.
    Id like a Vet to balance the roster and solidify the team and not care about playing time. How many 3 years or under players we have on the team?

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post

If they go with a seasoned vet, I'd look to past C's like Amir or even no pass Bass...

If they go young I'd consider Strus... He's like what 30...??? He would be a great practice guy who runs all over the floor throwing up 3's...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

I know its only summer league but Rob been looking good! Hopefully he can keep it up in training camp and preseason and earn that starting spot!

I love the idea of RW starting and Tacko backing him up... the SWAT Team.

I know everyone on the taco train but I think he gets a 2 way contract at best

Quote Originally Posted by CELTICS4LYFE View Post
    I know everyone on the taco train but I think he gets a 2 way contract at best
    Agreed... I keep mentioning this, but I like Strus...

Reggie Lewis

Korver for that final spot would be nice, all-time great shooter, wouldnt be a loud voice but a veteran with a excellent work ethic for the kids to see and dont think hed be upset about mins or getting less mins if the rooks are playing good.

Kemba/Edwards/Wannamaker
    Brown/Smart/Langford
    Tatum/Korver/Semi
    Hayward/Grant/Theis
    Rob/Kanter/Vincent

IMO this is what wed be looking at. Pretty solid.

Rob starting is a better defensive match up(hopefully) for a short start like Stevens did with Baynes/Amir and Kanter can score for the second unit like a better version of when he had Moose. Grant Williams can hopefully be a high IQ Morris replacement.

Semi & Langford can get mins over Edwards/Korver depending on how they all are playing/matchups etc. Foreigners filling out the rest.
    Last edited by CELTICS4LYFE; 07-12-2019 at 09:58 PM.

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast