Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CELTICS4LYFE View Post
    Wouldnít bank on it? We see vets take less money to play with contenders every single year. So I think itís pretty safe to say those guys or others would take less to win.

What have you provided to say heís all of a sudden going to be avg 6 assist a game??? Never more than 2 assist in his life so I think 6 is a stretch. Like I said maybe half that. In your scenario we still have Smart(would be starting not Beverly) Horford and Hayward who would all assist far more than Brown. He didnít even avg 2 during the playoff run last year with the stars out, unless rozier is a ďball dominate pgĒ lol heís a scorer not a passer.
    Yes vets do chase rings every year. Iím not denying that. Iím saying you have to look into their careers. Guys who have made minimal money their entire career generally do not leave money on the table. Guys that have been a star or first round pick that have made considerable money but have never won are more likely to leave money on the table to chase a ring. Itís a pretty easy concept to understand. Not sure why were even still talking about it. Itís an opinion. I donít believe the players you mentioned will leave that much money on the table to join a team that was just knocked out of the ECF.

And heís never once in his life played in a ball movement offense. Beverly/Smart, who cares who starts, theyíre basically the same player except Beverly is a little more consistent offensively and has run the point for NBA teams throughout his career. To me that gives him the starting nod to me. If you disagree, great - good for you. Itís a meaningless point to argue. It wouldnít change the offensive structure at all. During the playoff run last year, yes, Rozier was a ball dominant PG and played similar to Kyrie and IT. He wasnít looking to pass first or get the offense going. You can disagree. Thatís fine. But youíre in the mindset and using statistics from one scheme to argue itís impossible based on those results that they wouldnít be different in a completely different scheme.

City of Champions

Why you gotta take it as an argument? I even said myself maybe not those guys but there will be ring chasers. I even asked your opinion on other ideas to bring outside talent in. Maybe some S&T ideas for rozier?

And Iím not gunna argue about Brown anymore but Iíll bet anything heíll never avg better than 5 assist in his career.

Why you gotta take it as an argument? I even said myself maybe not those guys but there will be ring chasers. I even asked your opinion on other ideas to bring outside talent in. Maybe some S&T ideas for rozier?

And Iím not gunna argue about Brown anymore but Iíll bet anything heíll never avg better than 5 assist in his career.
    At this point I donít see a S&T match for Rozier. I think heíll get a decent offer or two and heíll sign with the team that gives him the most opportunity and minutes. At that point the Celtics would have a chance to match and I doubt they would. S&T are rare. S&T with an RFA are even more rare because the team has the opportunity to match the offer and the signing team already had a signed offer sheet in hand.

Itís possible Danny goes back to them knowing he has no intention of matching but wants to play some poker and says hey, weíre going to match this unless you give us something. But that something likely wonít be more than a 2nd round pick or end of the bench type player

that's a disappointing spot for the SAC pick.

Sac pick stayed put. Memphis rolls on to next year....

NO with the number one??? Does that take the wind out of any Knicks/LA AD offer??

Sac pick stayed put. Memphis rolls on to next year....

NO with the number one??? Does that take the wind out of any Knicks/LA AD offer??
    Idk that LAL ever had a chance after the trade deadline debacle and Ingramís health concerns.

NY seemed far fetched as well if the KD and Kyrie rumors are true. For NY to get all 3 they would have to trade every remaining player on their roster and fill the rest of the roster with vet minimum contracts and non first round rookies. I think thatís always been a pipe dream

AD got bad advice by a bad agency last year. Itís going to make him extremely hard to move unless he eats some crow and comes out publicly stating heíd welcome a move and work towards a long term deal with any team trying to contend thatís willing to trade for him.

City of Champions

Ok, letís have some fun. Last nights draft lottery threw a wrench in the works for a lot of NBA teams, most notably the Knicks. While some watched in horror, other teams struck gold. Most notably NO who landed the #1 pick. Despite their GMs optimism on Davis, heís not coming back - they have to trade him at this point and getting the #1 pick (Zion) made it infinitely easier to do. Also hurting the Knicks now that they donít have that asset to trade for Davis.

I think the Celtics have as good a shot as anyone to land the services of Davis. In my view weíre up against 2 teams. NY and LA who hold the #3 and #4 picks as main centerpieces for any deal.

Hereís my offer on draft night
    Jayson Tatum
    Marcus Smart
    Gurschon Yabusele
    Robert Williams
    2 picks from draft night 2019
    2020 MEM pick

NO accepts

At this point weíve changed the game of the offseason on draft night. We also draft Darius Garland as a nice boom or bust PG prospect.

Kyrie has a decision to make. Despite his short comings as leader and a disastrous season last year, letting him walk out the door likely sends us into NBA purgatory for a few years. Dannyís generally not the type of guy that settles for good not great. So heís making every effort to keep Kyrie. Go big or go home. Even if he has to sell Kyrie on 1 year and see what happens. If swinging for the fences leads to 1 championship and then a rebuild, I think you take it.

So Kyrie now has to choose between 3 teams. LAL with LeBron and a cast of misfits. NY with KD and a bunch of young guys. Or Boston with AD and players heís at least familiar with and maybe now knows how to work with better.

Kyrie chooses Boston.

Al Horford opts out. Rumors say heíll take less for 2 more years on his contract and re-ups for 3/$60M.

With Kyrie, Al and now AD in the fold Morris agrees to come back for 2/$30M.

Baynes opts in and we also resign Theis

Free Agents
    We have the MLE and the Bi Annual exceptions to use to bring in some vets. The MLE for us should be $6M and the Bi Annual at $3.6M

Needs.
    Backup point guard
    Backup shooting guard
    End of the roster

We sign Beverly to MLE and Lance Stevenson for the Bi Annual. Also bring in Jared Dudley for some veteran leadership and grit.

Roster reset
    PG - Kyrie/Beverly/Garland
    SG - Brown/Stevenson
    SF - Hayward/Morris/Dudley
    PF - Davis/Theis
    C - Horford/Baynes
    Last edited by Oakmont_4; 05-15-2019 at 07:44 AM.

LAL gets AD and Kyrie... I'd be surprised otherwise... LeBron will get his way...

Three way...

C's get Lonzo, Pope, LAL unprotected 21' 1st... (Lonzo's a 1 year audition/rental), (Pope may be a decent FA signing by the C's)...

NO gets #4, LAL unprotected 23' 1st, Ingram, Kuzma, Wagner, Rondo, Lance...

LAL gets AD and Kyrie...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    Ok, letís have some fun. Last nights draft lottery threw a wrench in the works for a lot of NBA teams, most notably the Knicks. While some watched in horror, other teams struck gold. Most notably NO who landed the #1 pick. Despite their GMs optimism on Davis, heís not coming back - they have to trade him at this point and getting the #1 pick (Zion) made it infinitely easier to do. Also hurting the Knicks now that they donít have that asset to trade for Davis.

I think the Celtics have as good a shot as anyone to land the services of Davis. In my view weíre up against 2 teams. NY and LA who hold the #3 and #4 picks as main centerpieces for any deal.

Hereís my offer on draft night
    Jayson Tatum
    Marcus Smart
    Gurschon Yabusele
    Robert Williams
    2 picks from draft night 2019
    2020 MEM pick

NO accepts

At this point weíve changed the game of the offseason on draft night. We also draft Darius Garland as a nice boom or bust PG prospect.

Kyrie has a decision to make. Despite his short comings as leader and a disastrous season last year, letting him walk out the door likely sends us into NBA purgatory for a few years. Dannyís generally not the type of guy that settles for good not great. So heís making every effort to keep Kyrie. Go big or go home. Even if he has to sell Kyrie on 1 year and see what happens. If swinging for the fences leads to 1 championship and then a rebuild, I think you take it.

So Kyrie now has to choose between 3 teams. LAL with LeBron and a cast of misfits. NY with KD and a bunch of young guys. Or Boston with AD and players heís at least familiar with and maybe now knows how to work with better.

Kyrie chooses Boston.

Al Horford opts out. Rumors say heíll take less for 2 more years on his contract and re-ups for 3/$60M.

With Kyrie, Al and now AD in the fold Morris agrees to come back for 2/$30M.

Baynes opts in and we also resign Theis

Free Agents
    We have the MLE and the Bi Annual exceptions to use to bring in some vets. The MLE for us should be $6M and the Bi Annual at $3.6M

Needs.
    Backup point guard
    Backup shooting guard
    End of the roster

We sign Beverly to MLE and Lance Stevenson for the Bi Annual. Also bring in Jared Dudley for some veteran leadership and grit.

Roster reset
    PG - Kyrie/Beverly/Garland
    SG - Brown/Stevenson
    SF - Hayward/Morris/Dudley
    PF - Davis/Theis
    C - Horford/Baynes
    Now we talking!!! Lol maybe a little less money for Morris but I think thatís the best route we have to field the best team possible next season.

Now we talking!!! Lol maybe a little less money for Morris but I think thatís the best route we have to field the best team possible next season.
    Weíd be well over the cap so a few extra mil to convince Morris to stay in a reserve role is nothing. The years are what we want to watch with guys like him. Otherwise I think heíd leave and go somewhere for more playing time as a starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    LAL gets AD and Kyrie... I'd be surprised otherwise... LeBron will get his way...

Three way...

C's get Lonzo, Pope, LAL unprotected 21' 1st... (Lonzo's a 1 year audition/rental), (Pope may be a decent FA signing by the C's)...

NO gets #4, LAL unprotected 23' 1st, Ingram, Kuzma, Wagner, Rondo, Lance...

LAL gets AD and Kyrie...
    Lance and Rondo are free agents so that wouldnít work. Sign and trade scenario wouldnít work financially in a deal like that either.

I wouldnít touch Lonzo Ball with a 10 foot pole. Iíd let Kyrie walk for free before taking on Lonzo

Letís just say we keep our 3 picks....who are you guys interested in?

14 - Keldon Johnson
    20 - P.J. Washington
    22 - Bol Bol

Would be my picks

doubt Bol Bol would fall that far, probably at 14 would be more likely if he's still available

Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    doubt Bol Bol would fall that far, probably at 14 would be more likely if he's still available
    Ive seen him real low in most the mock drafts, big man with stress fractures usually drop.

I absolutely do not want to trade for Anthony Davis and see him bolt in a year.

If the Lakers trade 4 plus players for Davis, I wonder if New Orleans would be willing to listen on offers for Jrue Holiday. Brown, Williams plus more for Holiday.

Draft

14 C Bol Bol

20 PG Ty Jerome

22. PG Carsen Edwards

51 SG Kyle Guy

SG: Holiday/Edwards/Guy
    PG: Smart/Jerome
    SF: Tatum/Morris/Ojeleye
    PF: Hayward/Theis/Yabusele
    C: Horford/Boi Boi/Baynes

Not a flashy team but a solid team that can develop and play Brad's style.
    Last edited by redsox12; 05-15-2019 at 06:18 PM.
    Fan of Red Sox , Chicago Bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA, Joshi Puroresu

2018-2019 UVA Men's Basketball National Champions

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast