Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    I could see a dark horse like the Bulls pull off an AD trade... Lavine, Markkanen and #7 for AD...

IMO, taking the best draft pick available in a trade should be the Pel's direction...
    Itís about the best package, not pick. Even with Zion in the fold they need a lot of players. Not just one. LAL likely has the best package to offer.

Your thinking would have him going to NYK for #3 and not much else. When they could get #4, Kuz, Ball, etc... from LAL

Iím not really a fan of CP3 and donít really want him....wouldnít mind grabbing Eric Gordon tho if we are dealing with the Rockets

P.S. I donít think Al has proven he canít be a top 3 option....well a 3rd option. Heís proven he canít be a 1 or 2, but I think he could be a 3.

That Horford for Capella deal sounds mighty interesting too...Resign Rozier and Morris, Horford+Baynes opt in and traded for Capella and Gordon? Try to get Dedmon with the MLE

Rozier/Smart
    Gordon

Brown/Hayward
    Tatum/Morris

Cap/Dedmon

Solid for the ďyouth movementĒ option
    Last edited by CELTICS4LYFE; 06-07-2019 at 06:11 PM.

Pels & Celts Block Buster Trade. (Note deal only goes through if AD agrees to an extension).

N.O. gets: Hayward, Horford, (four first round picks) #14, #20, #22, & Mem 2019.

Bos gets: AD, J.Holiday

Pels can then trade away Horford and Hayward for more rebuilding assets. Pels will now have #1, #14, 20, 22 in this years draft and Memphis' pick in 2020.

Celts should then try to do a 3 team trade involving Rozier & Yab with Houston and a 3rd team for E.Gordon

Boston 2019/20 Squad:

Holiday/Smart
    Brown/Gordon
    Tatum/Semi
    AD/Theis
    Baynes/Williams
    Last edited by esb; 06-07-2019 at 08:35 PM.

What do you guys think about a Rozier & Hayward trade to the HEAT?

The Boston Celtics donít need to tear down, though. In fact, trading Hayward could make them better if they acquire the right pieces. Of course, the ďright piecesĒ could come in any way, shape or form. Itís all speculative.

But thatís what makes it fun to think about. Blame NBA 2K for spoiling us millennials and giving us a (very) rough idea of what playersí roles will be alongside each other.

Today weíre engaging the Miamiís Heat in a Gordon Hayward trade. What sort of pieces for they have for Aingeís gain? Read on to find out:

https://hardwoodhoudini.com/2019/06/...i-heat-trades/

Q: I like the idea of trading Hassan Whiteside or Goran Dragic to Boston for Gordon Hayward and a late first-round draft pick. Hayward brings some interest to the team, we get a pick and it keeps the 2021 timetable intact. -- Chadwick, Lake Worth.

A: OK, we need to talk. When it comes to potential Goran Dragic and Hassan Whiteside trades, itís apples and orange. Dragic should be able to fetch something of quality in return if a deal can be made with a contender looking for a one-year rental (but nothing close to what you propose from the Celtics). Whiteside, by contrast, likely would require the Heat to add a sweetener to get off his money (with no real need, considering the Heat likely wonít be working with cap space this offseason). Bottom line is it would take more, far more, to get anywhere close to a Gordon Hayward trade.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...2aq-story.html

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    What do you guys think about a Rozier & Hayward trade to the HEAT?
    Want nothing to do with Whiteside. No thanks. Dragic doesnít excite me either. Iíd rather just keep Hayward
    Last edited by Oakmont_4; 06-09-2019 at 10:12 AM.

Pels Set Eyes on M.Porter Jr, Scenario:

N.O. gets:
    M.Porter Jr, #20, #22, Mem 2020 pk (via Bos) & (P.Millsap - filler to match AD's salary)

Den gets:
    Hayward, Yab & #14 (via Bos)

Bos gets:
    AD

N.O. rebuilding team:
    Hoilday
    ??(trade 20 & 22 to move up in draft for a SG)
    Porter
    Zion
    Randle/Okafor

DEN Team:
    Murray
    Harris/Barton
    Hayward
    ???(Draft) #14
    Jokic

BOS Team:
    Rozier
    Brown
    Tatum
    Horford
    AD

Bench:
    IT (FA sign)
    Smart
    Semi
    Theis
    Baynes/Williams
    Last edited by esb; 06-09-2019 at 03:38 PM.

Trade on draft night starts the festivities. This trade will later morph into a much larger trade but the rest canít be completed until Free Agency officially begins. But both sides are in agreement on the general frame work. They only need a small part of it to put the gears in motion.

Boston gets
    C. Clint Capella - 13.8m

Houston gets
    SG Marcus Smart - 11.7m
    Pick #14

Boston pulls the trigger on their new big man. With so many pieces in flux, Boston decides to strike while they can and solidify their new young core. Giving Tatum and Brown a young piece on a friendly contract to keep moving forward with.

Houston looking to shake things up starts out aggressively. Bringing in Smart gives them an All NBA defensive tool at their disposal. With KD sure to bolt GS Houston gets their man to shut down Klay Thompson and let Harden take advantage of Curry.

Rest of the draft
    #20 Tyler Herro, #22 Keldon Johnson

A shooter and a versatile swing man to add depth to Brown/Tatum. This team now has locked into their core and can worry about how to complement it.

PG
    SG Brown/Herro
    SF Tatum/Hayward/Johnson
    PF Yabusele
    C Capella/Williams

Free Agency
    Priority #1 is getting Horford back in the fold. Both sides are agreeable and come to a 4/$80m deal. This guarantees Al one last contract and itís team friendly to help the Celtics maneuver around Free Agency

Once Al is back in the fold Boston turns back to Houston to complete the rest of the deal. Houston is now all in on shedding the contract of Chris Paul and surrounding Harden with what he needs.

Boston gets
    PG. Chris Paul - 35.7m

Houston gets
    PG Terry Rozier - S&T 4/$80m
    PF Marcus Morris - S&T 2/$40m
    C Aaron Baynes - 5.2
    PF Guershon Yabusele - 2.7m
    PF Semi Ojeleye - 1.4m

Rozier and Morris want to play on a winning team but get the minutes the deserve. They agree to go to Houston in a package that lands Boston CP3 in return. Being itís a S&T scenario both Morris and Roziers salaries only count for half in a multi player trade so they get overpaid to agree as well. Houstonís agreeable because they get a young/hungry Rozier who will play well in Dantonis system. And Morris who adds a layer of toughness and is another versatile piece of an impressive collection.

Houston now feels they can get by GS because of the closing gap with KD bolting and their ability to throw plus defenders at Curry and Thompson.

Houston
    PG - Rozier/Smart
    SG - Harden/Smart
    SF - Tucker/Gordon/Ojeleye
    PF - Morris/Clark/Yabusele
    C - Baynes/Hilario

Boston gets their man. They lose Irving but save face with CP3 who is likely better suited for a younger core like Bostonís than Kyrie was. CP3 doesnít need to be the man here, he just needs to feed the men. He can play managed minutes so we can help extend his career in Boston. He compliments Tatum and Brown very well and will fit right in laying alongside veteran Al Horford.

Free Agency
    Sign -
    PG Ricky Rubio with the MLE
    PG Brad Wanamaker
    C Dwayne Desmond with the Bi exception

Financials
    CP3 - 35.7m
    Hayward - 31m
    Horford - 20m
    Capella - 13.8m
    Tatum -6.7m
    Brown - 5.2m
    Rubio - $6m
    Theis - $2.5m
    Dedmond - $2.5m
    Williams - 1.7m
    Herro - $1.6m
    Johnson - $1.6m
    Wanamaker -$1.2m

Total - $129.5m

We stay under the luxury tax but field a competitive team thatís built around youth. Considering what we lost in a player like Kyrie talent wise, this is a solid rebound and provides some stability over the next 2-3 years vs whatís happened the past couple.

Roster and playing time
    PG - CP3 (25)/Rubio(23)/Wanamaker
    SG - Brown (32)/Hayward(16)/Herro
    SF - Tatum(32)/Hayward(16)Johnson
    PF - Horford (30)/Theis(9)
    C - Capella (30)/Dedmond (18)/Williams (9)

Adding Rubio and Dedmond are nice complementary pieces. Rubio is a capable guard behind CP3 and can run the show when CP3 has a night off. Dedmond adds another nice veteran presence after losing Baynes. He has some range like Baynes did as well.

The direction is set. Tatum, Hayward and Brown will be expected to carry the load. CP3 and Horford will provide mentor ship and direction when needed. But from behind the scenes now. On the court theyíll play very solid complimentary basketball to them.

Likely not the favorite to win. But certainly canít be overlooked either. This is a great situation for Tatum and Brown to grow under. Brads also gets additional help in the locker room from a guy like CP3.

Horford and CP3 will essentially be the bridge to Tatum and Brown and hope they can help them grow enough to take the full reigns of the franchise in 3-4 years when theyíre gone. But in the meantime, theyíre a top 4 team in the east and a threat if you take them lightly

Iím really big on the Capella trade going down, even if heís the only piece we get.

Smart, Yabusele and #14 for Capella would be ideal

We can bring Rozier, Morris, Baynes, Theis all back. Sign Horford to an extension.

Iíd try and convince Beverly to come over on the MLE which pays nearly $6m

PG Rozier/Beverly
    SG Brown/Hayward
    SF Tatum/Hayward
    PF Horford/Morris
    C Capella/Baynes

Iíd draft Herro and Johnson to provide depth at the wing positions at 20 and 22. Theis and Williams provide depth at C. Just need a 3rd pg option thatís better than what Wanamaker was last year.

Thatís the main rotation. Solid group. The starting rotation features Tatum as the main scoring option. Morris/Capella could be interchangeable depending if we want to go big or small. The bench unit provides plenty of toughness and defense with Hayward being the main scoring option in that group.

Long term weíre in on a young ďbig 3Ē with Tatum/Brown/Capella who are all 25 and under.

Rozier comes back with Kyrie out of his way and a chance to start and prove himself. Heíll need to be more consistent at both ends of the floor. He may not have the market he once thought heíd get so he could be back on his 1 year tender like Smart 2 years ago.

This group will be more similar to the 2018 team we saw make a run. Theyíll lack a top end superstar so how far they go will depend on how well they can come together as a group.

So if Kyrie isnít coming back and we arenít trading for AD and we go with the young guys, maybe Horford wants to chase a ring?

S&T Horford n picks for Capella

Resign Rozier and Morris

Sign Rubio- donít think Beverly leaves LA

Sign Dedmon - shooting big

Draft Herro

Rozier/Rubio
    Smart/Herro
    Brown/Hayward
    Tatum/Morris
    Capella/Dedmon

Or blockbuster

Horford/Hayward for Capella/Paul
    Last edited by CELTICS4LYFE; 06-10-2019 at 08:52 PM.

I like Capella, but he's locked up for fairly cheap and that would leave a huge hole up front for Houston... IMO Gordon is the only one that Houston will end up moving if they even make moves...

I really like Davis Bertans from the Spurs... He's 6'10, young and improving each season as his minutes increase... He's the epitome of a stretch 4/5... One of the 3 picks have to be moved... Maybe the Spurs have an interest in Yabs...???

The C's bench needs to be addressed...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

I like Rubio alot...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

Smart's contract is an ideal trade piece, but I just don't see DA moving him... Outside of shooting, he's what DA once was in his hayday... Nobody from opposing teams liked DA, and he thrived on that... Smart is the same exact way...

Reggie Lewis

I like Rubio alot...
    Heís nothing special. His defense has really tailed off since he came into the league and heís not a good shooter and he doesnít finish around the rim. He can facilitate an offense well, but thatís about the extent of his game. If heís our backup point whoís a competent replacement while the starter gets a blow Iím ok with it. If heís here to start - no thanks

I like Capella, but he's locked up for fairly cheap and that would leave a huge hole up front for Houston... IMO Gordon is the only one that Houston will end up moving if they even make moves...

I really like Davis Bertans from the Spurs... He's 6'10, young and improving each season as his minutes increase... He's the epitome of a stretch 4/5... One of the 3 picks have to be moved... Maybe the Spurs have an interest in Yabs...???

The C's bench needs to be addressed...
    The Cís need a full starting lineup before we worry about the bench...

Smart's contract is an ideal trade piece, but I just don't see DA moving him... Outside of shooting, he's what DA once was in his hayday... Nobody from opposing teams liked DA, and he thrived on that... Smart is the same exact way...
    Heís definitely going to be asked about by other teams. But unless weíre getting a clearly better piece I doubt heís moved. Heís the true leader of this team, I think even more than Al at this point in their careers.

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast