Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 698
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    45,277

    "Our loss but Heaven's gain."

    The little girl was the 13-year-old sister of Tim Tebow's fiance. She was born without a cerebellum, leaving her virtually paralyzed and incommunicative.

    And yesterday, she died, suddenly.

    The family is devastated. But they reasoned it off with, "She's laughing, running, and playing in Heaven, just like we always had hoped on earth."

    So my question is, if God could restore all of her functionality when she arrived in Heaven, why couldnt he do that when she was still on earth with her family?
    https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ister-died.amp
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 05-08-2019 at 08:43 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    42,316
    I know I know!!!!!
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,511
    The question seems to beg for an answer that is (a) realistic, (b) cynical, (c) pessimistic, or (d) all of the above.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    45,277
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    The question seems to beg for an answer that is (a) realistic, (b) cynical, (c) pessimistic, or (d) all of the above.
    It's kind of why it's been dead in here for months. Both sides know what the other will say. Each side will disagree vehemently with the other, agreeing to none of the points made lol

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    44,076
    How absolutely horrible that those close to the girl are trying to speak about this with a positive spin.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    30,451
    I actually read this short story about a man who committed suicide and "woke up" in an afterlife that was worse than the real world and everyone in it was miserable but afraid of committing suicide for fear of waking up in an even worse place.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    45,277
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I actually read this short story about a man who committed suicide and "woke up" in an afterlife that was worse than the real world and everyone in it was miserable but afraid of committing suicide for fear of waking up in an even worse place.
    Lol. Sounds like a good Twilight Zone episode.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,511
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    How absolutely horrible that those close to the girl are trying to speak about this with a positive spin.
    I don’t begrudge those folks for being positive — I doubt any of us would. My point, cynical as it may have been, was a response to FoC’s question, not to the story.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,511
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    It's kind of why it's been dead in here for months. Both sides know what the other will say. Each side will disagree vehemently with the other, agreeing to none of the points made lol
    I just finished an intriguing book by the British philosopher John Gray, entitled “Seven Types of Atheism”, in which he posits that western atheism is a direct descendent of Judeo-Christian monotheism.

    Here is a worthy review of the book: https://seanmcdowell.org/blog/seven-...sm-book-review

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    44,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I don’t begrudge those folks for being positive — I doubt any of us would. My point, cynical as it may have been, was a response to FoC’s question, not to the story.
    My post wasn't directed specifically at you.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,511
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    My post wasn't directed specifically at you.
    Doesn’t matter if it was or wasn’t. The point remains the question, not the story.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    28,869
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    The little girl was the 13-year-old sister of Tim Tebow's fiance. She was born without a cerebellum, leaving her virtually paralyzed and incommunicative.

    And yesterday, she died, suddenly.

    The family is devastated. But they reasoned it off with, "She's laughing, running, and playing in Heaven, just like we always had hoped on earth."

    So my question is, if God could restore all of her functionality when she arrived in Heaven, why couldnt he do that when she was still on earth with her family?
    https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ister-died.amp
    The point of life, or God for that matter, isn't to expect God to cater to our needs..

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    28,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    The question seems to beg for an answer that is (a) realistic, (b) cynical, (c) pessimistic, or (d) all of the above.
    What about optimistic?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    45,277
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    The point of life, or God for that matter, isn't to expect God to cater to our needs..
    I see. So expecting God to cater to our needs is the point of death, instead?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,511
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    What about optimistic?
    You know me well enough to know that "optimistic" is not in my vocabulary.

    That said, she could be surfing in heaven for all I know, but when I do end up at the betting window, I can say for certain that I'll put my money on a different horse.

    She was not. Then she was. Now she is no longer.
    Last edited by Crovash; 05-13-2019 at 12:44 PM.

Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •