Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    For some reason I like the match up with the bucks. The Celtics seemed to have our number in the regular season.

I think we have the length and defenders to make Giannis uncomfortable with Leonard and Siakam. I also think our role players will do better against the bucks. Also we’ve beat this same Bucks team before in the playoffs with out Kawhi. Giannis was younger and they didn’t have Mirotic, and they have a much better coach now ... but we’re also more experienced and def more talented now.. also I think this 76ers match up really woke this team up and we’ll be happy to move on as they do have the most star power in the east. Our confidence should be at an all time high right now.
    I agree with most of it... I'm not sure whether we can slow down Giannis. Siakam is too thin... Leonard, as strong as he is, is still small compared to Giannis. I'm hoping Ibaka can provide some support with a block or two, and whoever he leaves open doesn't abuse us from 3.

On the other hand, I can't see them having a very easy time stopping Leonard, either, so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    I find the main forum fun at times but when the team is down and not playing well, I want to talk Raps with my fellow Raps fans who have watched this team all year. We know when the team is not playing to it's capabilites or are not playing the way they need to when considering what they are capable of.

Unfortunately, this forum has lost a lot of traffic so I get why some choose to post on the main board.

I always see a relatively good number of guests on this board, it would be cool if they sign up or login and join the discussion or game thread.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    I usually go there to discuss other teams. The trolls get the best of me sometimes though lol ...

Quote Originally Posted by pulzar View Post
    I agree with most of it... I'm not sure whether we can slow down Giannis. Siakam is too thin... Leonard, as strong as he is, is still small compared to Giannis. I'm hoping Ibaka can provide some support with a block or two, and whoever he leaves open doesn't abuse us from 3.

On the other hand, I can't see them having a very easy time stopping Leonard, either, so there's that.
    I know Giannis is not a player you can shut down completely but I think the combination of Leonard/Siakam/Ibaka are probably the toughest defenders he’s seen through out the post season. I don’t think they have a player that can match up with Siakam. He’d destroy Mirotic and Im guessing Giannis will be on Leonard full time. Middleton and Green will be matched up, as will Lopez and Gasol. Bledsoe and Hill will be matched up on our guards. I don’t think They’ll have an answer for Siakam who imo will be the X factor. Hope he’s fully healthy!

Man, I couldn't even watch last night. I feel like me watching gives them bad luck so I stayed away. Super happy about the final and fully anticipate that they'll wrap it up in 6 in Philly. Not trying to get too far ahead of myself here, but it's looking good.

I've been reading a lot of analysts opinions and there's alotta people that think the Raps have a real shot at the whole thing this year. It's a nice feeling to even be in that convo.

I know Giannis is not a player you can shut down completely but I think the combination of Leonard/Siakam/Ibaka are probably the toughest defenders he’s seen through out the post season. I don’t think they have a player that can match up with Siakam. He’d destroy Mirotic and Im guessing Giannis will be on Leonard full time. Middleton and Green will be matched up, as will Lopez and Gasol. Bledsoe and Hill will be matched up on our guards. I don’t think They’ll have an answer for Siakam who imo will be the X factor. Hope he’s fully healthy!
    Horford did a fantastic job on Giannis.

Nah Brogdon is healthy now so they're probably going to put Greek on Siakam. They are unlikely to put Greek on Leonard because they use Greek as the weak side help.

I usually go there to discuss other teams. The trolls get the best of me sometimes though lol ...
    I think the discussions on the main board have been watered down at this time. It usually gets better in the offseason when there is less news and it's more about rankings and stuff.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Man, I couldn't even watch last night. I feel like me watching gives them bad luck so I stayed away. Super happy about the final and fully anticipate that they'll wrap it up in 6 in Philly. Not trying to get too far ahead of myself here, but it's looking good.

I've been reading a lot of analysts opinions and there's alotta people that think the Raps have a real shot at the whole thing this year. It's a nice feeling to even be in that convo.
    I'm lot sure where that is coming from. They had a good showing against Orlando. This series we got lucky, hopefully we win but we imagined the difference a healthy Embiid would make in a tight series.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Yeah like when you thought we were going to contend with Demar and Bargs. How many games did we win that season? LOL.
    I believe that was reasonable. You put all your eggs on Boston lol.

Quit spending time in the bucks forum... you’re starting to sound like that guy “buckilis” lol...
    I went in there because he was passing me off. I think i posted twice. Stop monitoring me 🧐

My bold prediction, we beat Philly in 6 and win agains the Bucks in 7
    No bold prediction I think I’ve been consistent. Raps go to the finals and have a very good shot at winning. Hopefully OG comes back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    I find the main forum fun at times but when the team is down and not playing well, I want to talk Raps with my fellow Raps fans who have watched this team all year. We know when the team is not playing to it's capabilites or are not playing the way they need to when considering what they are capable of.

Unfortunately, this forum has lost a lot of traffic so I get why some choose to post on the main board.

I always see a relatively good number of guests on this board, it would be cool if they sign up or login and join the discussion or game thread.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    “We need to be more receptive to people”. Some people have big heads and big egos and can’t exchange friendly opinion back and forth. There are many strong minded people In here and it doesn’t become debate it become friendly debate in becomes im right your wrong. People just want to here there own voice.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Horford did a fantastic job on Giannis.

Nah Brogdon is healthy now so they're probably going to put Greek on Siakam. They are unlikely to put Greek on Leonard because they use Greek as the weak side help.
    He absolutely did, but I know Leonard and Siakam are better defenders and Ibaka is capable. I think we have more and better options to throw at him.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenfidish View Post
    I went in there because he was passing me off. I think i posted twice. Stop monitoring me 🧐
    I’m just messing with ya man I don’t care what you do.. that guys a waste of time

I believe that was reasonable. You put all your eggs on Boston lol.
    lol I've never put all my eggs on Boston. You do realize "Boston" only became a thing because your ego couldn't handle people disagreeing with you. You've never been able to debate with anyone with any real substance, so you resort to dismissive remarks instead. The irony here is you lack any real self-awareness so you constantly believe you're the victim.

Besides, I'm not sure how my opinion is relevant. You're the only one patting yourself on the back and claiming to be a basketball genius. I'm just questioning your credibility.

“We need to be more receptive to people”. Some people have big heads and big egos and can’t exchange friendly opinion back and forth. There are many strong minded people In here and it doesn’t become debate it become friendly debate in becomes im right your wrong. People just want to here there own voice.
    Nah you just don't like people disagreeing with you. Nothing has really changed in the past decade or so. You used to fly off the handle back then, and you still do it now. Only real difference is your horrendously bad takes were used as comic relief to ease all the tension back then. It's just white noise now.
    Last edited by ecart; 05-09-2019 at 03:34 PM.

I think people are reasonable here. We haven't really been in debate mode because of the playoffs but i think for the most part, we have had some good discussions. It just sucks that we have lost so much traffic.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast