Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Yanks All Day View Post
    I think QBs today are so advanced compared to 10-15 years ago that any game reps will help. Training is better, film study is better, and coaching is more advanced. As long as he stays healthy, I don't think losing a few games will hurt him. If he's not mentally tough enough to handle rookie year losses on a rebuilding team, then he's not the guy anyway.

But also, if he's as poised as we think he is, then he's going to come in at a very favorable spot. Yes, the defense is bad, but the offense is underachieving big time. It's not like the Giants have been scoring 35 per game and we're making the change just for the sake of it. We're a bad offense despite enough talent to be competitive. If Jones can come in a get the offense moving, he's going to get all the praise for it and every pass in the world for the Giants losing games. The story will go from "the Giants are a dumpster fire" to "Giants have a bright future at QB if they can just get him back on the field more." We'll be looking at Daniel Jones, Saquon Barkley, Sterling Shepard, Evan Engram, Golden Tate, and an improved line and actually expecting a top-flight NFL offense. And if he falters, well, he's on a terrible team. He gets that pass for a year. Just keep him healthy and get him reps.

I just want Daniel Jones to beat Tom Brady in New England. If Brady couldn't beat Eli AND THEN couldn't beat Eli 2.0, it would just be too sweet.
    There's just no way in hell this defense is stopping Brady, in New England. I doubt any quarterback would beat NE in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks All Day View Post
    I think QBs today are so advanced compared to 10-15 years ago that any game reps will help. Training is better, film study is better, and coaching is more advanced. As long as he stays healthy, I don't think losing a few games will hurt him. If he's not mentally tough enough to handle rookie year losses on a rebuilding team, then he's not the guy anyway.

But also, if he's as poised as we think he is, then he's going to come in at a very favorable spot. Yes, the defense is bad, but the offense is underachieving big time. It's not like the Giants have been scoring 35 per game and we're making the change just for the sake of it. We're a bad offense despite enough talent to be competitive. If Jones can come in a get the offense moving, he's going to get all the praise for it and every pass in the world for the Giants losing games. The story will go from "the Giants are a dumpster fire" to "Giants have a bright future at QB if they can just get him back on the field more." We'll be looking at Daniel Jones, Saquon Barkley, Sterling Shepard, Evan Engram, Golden Tate, and an improved line and actually expecting a top-flight NFL offense. And if he falters, well, he's on a terrible team. He gets that pass for a year. Just keep him healthy and get him reps.

I just want Daniel Jones to beat Tom Brady in New England. If Brady couldn't beat Eli AND THEN couldn't beat Eli 2.0, it would just be too sweet.
    Valid points.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    There's just no way in hell this defense is stopping Brady, in New England. I doubt any quarterback would beat NE in that game.
    New Englands system is great. They work the system around the players they have.

Giants system is.. ****. They force players into their system.

See: CB Baker. He's always been elite in press coverage. Yet seemed like every down they had him 7-10 yards off the line.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    That's what I took from it also.

Part of me wants him to start. He can definitely extend plays with his legs. Something Eli really has never been good at minus a few plays here and there.

Not sure how this would be for his development. Could be good since the pressure may be lower if it's a lost season. But, throwing him into this dumpster fire may also hurt his development. So, I guess we shall see.

Donít think the offense is where the dumpster fire is though. OL is good. Barkley is amazing. Receivers arenít good but arenít horrific either.

In some ways I think Jones will be relatively immune to how bad the D is simply because thereís almost no pressure or expectation for success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Donít think the offense is where the dumpster fire is though. OL is good. Barkley is amazing. Receivers arenít good but arenít horrific either.

In some ways I think Jones will be relatively immune to how bad the D is simply because thereís almost no pressure or expectation for success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just meant the dumpster fire of a team. Not one side of the ball. Just the entire situation.

Well I think this team and locker room could become hostile and volatile very soon if they keep losing with Eli putting up crap performances.

It's a rebuild season to us as fans, which is bad enough. But the guys on the field are playing with precious little time in their careers. They don't want to be part of a disastrous waste of a season just so Eli can have yet another swan song.

I'd argue it's better to put the kid in now, before you start hearing the inevitable angry comments from the locker room when the team is 1-6 or worse. Can't let the team become poisonous - and its dangerously on the brink.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Well I think this team and locker room could become hostile and volatile very soon if they keep losing with Eli putting up crap performances.

It's a rebuild season to us as fans, which is bad enough. But the guys on the field are playing with precious little time in their careers. They don't want to be part of a disastrous waste of a season just so Eli can have yet another swan song.

I'd argue it's better to put the kid in now, before you start hearing the inevitable angry comments from the locker room when the team is 1-6 or worse. Can't let the team become poisonous - and its dangerously on the brink.
    Arguably the only talent gone to waste is Barkley, and frankly he seems like far from the guy that would cause issues within the locker room. Most of the rest of the team are young guys that still have to find their place in the NFL. I doubt the state of mind of the roster was that this is a playoff contender.

But yes, if Jones does well that could instill some new life into this team, and it'd be great to have that going into next year. Unfortunately, I doubt it'll matter much this season.

Daniel Jones has officially been named the Week 3 starter.

Thank you! Letís hope he does not ****ing suck that bad.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123