Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    He makes a good point about Eli forcing throws to OBJ and thatís consistent with his history of playing worse with star receivers than with a more balanced offense.

But I disagree with him praising for Eli checking down to make ďthe right decisionĒ. Eli stopped trying for intermediate and long throws and often didnít give them a chance to develop. And I strongly suspect thatís a habit he developed to compensate for an atrocious OL that usually had him in trouble quick.

But the bottom line about the OL is correct. If Zeitler and (we assume) Remmers and Big George all improve the OL, we will see a much better Eli and offense.

I still donít buy Jones starting this year. They wonít bench Eli with a year left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Part of it is the bad oline but itís also his change in systems. McAdoo was all west coast and about making the sure thing, low risk pass. Shurmur has a similar goal but with more emphasis on the run game. Itís the reason Eliís Ints dropped but itís also the reason we donít see more plays downfield.

Fair enough but I recall many plays where OBJ was open down the field and Eli didnít even give the play a chance to develop before the checkdown.

I think it has just become a bad habit for the guy for all the reasons you listed.

All that said Iím a big Eli believer and think the guy is going out with a really good season. They are 1 offensive line move away from giving him the formula he needs to maximize his talent at QB.

Yeah when youíre shell shocked from a terrible oline, you get a little quick to dump it off.

I just watched a bunch of OTA videos of Jones. Itís really not fair to judge off that alone, but.....Iím gonna double down and say he doesnít play a snap this year.

He seems smart and has a good arm, but he needs a lot of coaching. Heís patting the ball like a high school QB. Heís not looking off defenders. Heís not pump faking. He looks antsy as hell.

Again not really fair to judge this early (hell I have no clue what he was supposed to be doing in these clips) and Iíll need to see him in a preseason game, but he doesnít look all that confident and not much finesse.

For the sake of comparison, Iíve also watched Eli clips so itís also not fair to compare a long time veteran next to a rookie QB. Eli is as calm and confident as it gets when that ball is snapped in practice (not in actual games where our oline lays down and gets him killed).

Just makes me realize how much work this kid needs to put in.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    For the sake of comparison, Iíve also watched Eli clips so itís also not fair to compare a long time veteran next to a rookie QB. Eli is as calm and confident as it gets when that ball is snapped in practice (not in actual games where our oline lays down and gets him killed).

Just makes me realize how much work this kid needs to put in.

Dont you think Eli's calmness and confidence would also come from it being Eli's second yr in the system and Jones still not even understanding the verbiage completely yet alone the reads? He wasnt antsy in college with a horrible line so action in front of him shouldn't be new, only difference is he knew cutcliffe offense like the back of his hand.

Mike Woodson NYK

Record ... 72 - 34

Quote Originally Posted by elledaddy View Post
    Dont you think Eli's calmness and confidence would also come from it being Eli's second yr in the system and Jones still not even understanding the verbiage completely yet alone the reads? He wasnt antsy in college with a horrible line so action in front of him shouldn't be new, only difference is he knew cutcliffe offense like the back of his hand.
    Well yeah and itís a long time vet compared to a rookie. I just meant that maybe Jones seems jittery just because Iím used to Eli. Weíll see.

I just watched a bunch of OTA videos of Jones. Itís really not fair to judge off that alone, but.....Iím gonna double down and say he doesnít play a snap this year.

He seems smart and has a good arm, but he needs a lot of coaching. Heís patting the ball like a high school QB. Heís not looking off defenders. Heís not pump faking. He looks antsy as hell.

Again not really fair to judge this early (hell I have no clue what he was supposed to be doing in these clips) and Iíll need to see him in a preseason game, but he doesnít look all that confident and not much finesse.

He used to pat the ball in college as well. Itís a bad habit he has to shake.

He didnít have to look off defenders in college because his offense was designed for quick reads and short to medium range throws before his OL got him killed. Same goes for the pump fakes.

He has talent. But heís going to need a lot of coaching and no matter what anyone says I think it would be nuts to play the kid year 1. Let him learn the NFL, the offense, and how to get rid of bad habits in practice first.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Apparently Daniel Jones was booed at the Yankees game.

Thatís some gutless, classless garbage. I wasnít a fan of the pick when it happened but how can you boo a kid like that who just got drafted?

Time to get the Jones jersey and put it next to my Ei jersey.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Thatís some gutless, classless garbage. I wasnít a fan of the pick when it happened but how can you boo a kid like that who just got drafted?

NY fans for ya. Can be ruthless.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Not as bad as Saints fans cheering when their own QB, Wade Wilson, went down with an injury against the Giants. Also, not as bad as booing Santa and pelting him with snowballs.

Besides, those Yankee fair-weather fans don't even know who or why they are booing.

I didn't see what you saw, but I'll agree that preseason will be the first meaningful look at where he is at and what progress he has made.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Based on Pat Shurmur's press conference today, it's not out of the realm of possibility that Daniel Jones is the Week 3 starter.

With this defense it doesn't matter whos playing QB... Might as well get the Jones era started.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks All Day View Post
    Based on Pat Shurmur's press conference today, it's not out of the realm of possibility that Daniel Jones is the Week 3 starter.
    That's what I took from it also.

Part of me wants him to start. He can definitely extend plays with his legs. Something Eli really has never been good at minus a few plays here and there.

Not sure how this would be for his development. Could be good since the pressure may be lower if it's a lost season. But, throwing him into this dumpster fire may also hurt his development. So, I guess we shall see.

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    That's what I took from it also.

Part of me wants him to start. He can definitely extend plays with his legs. Something Eli really has never been good at minus a few plays here and there.

Not sure how this would be for his development. Could be good since the pressure may be lower if it's a lost season. But, throwing him into this dumpster fire may also hurt his development. So, I guess we shall see.

I think QBs today are so advanced compared to 10-15 years ago that any game reps will help. Training is better, film study is better, and coaching is more advanced. As long as he stays healthy, I don't think losing a few games will hurt him. If he's not mentally tough enough to handle rookie year losses on a rebuilding team, then he's not the guy anyway.

But also, if he's as poised as we think he is, then he's going to come in at a very favorable spot. Yes, the defense is bad, but the offense is underachieving big time. It's not like the Giants have been scoring 35 per game and we're making the change just for the sake of it. We're a bad offense despite enough talent to be competitive. If Jones can come in a get the offense moving, he's going to get all the praise for it and every pass in the world for the Giants losing games. The story will go from "the Giants are a dumpster fire" to "Giants have a bright future at QB if they can just get him back on the field more." We'll be looking at Daniel Jones, Saquon Barkley, Sterling Shepard, Evan Engram, Golden Tate, and an improved line and actually expecting a top-flight NFL offense. And if he falters, well, he's on a terrible team. He gets that pass for a year. Just keep him healthy and get him reps.

I just want Daniel Jones to beat Tom Brady in New England. If Brady couldn't beat Eli AND THEN couldn't beat Eli 2.0, it would just be too sweet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast