Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    the Bay Area is the most ludicrous example in the states though.
    HUD considers $117,400 low income in the bay area http://fortune.com/2018/06/27/bay-ar...s-housing-hud/

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    HUD considers $117,400 low income in the bay area http://fortune.com/2018/06/27/bay-ar...s-housing-hud/
    that is insane. I can't even fathom why anyone would live there at this point.

So that breaks down to $56.25/hour. And you are low income.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

All the why and wherefores against a high minimum wage (or livable wage if you loike) have been hit on but there us none point than no one has brought up.

People in congress, as a whole, are not dumb. Especially the senior leaders of the house and senate. They know that raising the minimum wage to high levels will lead to higher prices, higher unemployment and an economic slow down.

They know this to be true.

Yet, the dems still vociferously push for it. They know raising the minimum wage to $15 carries many negatives yet they constantly push for it.

They are trying to buy votes. It is that simple.

If they get $15 minimum pushed theu they look like heroes. If it is defeated, they still look like heroes.

That point should bother you.

They are tryng to buy votes with…tuition forgiveness, free healthcare, jobs for all, slave reparations. They know these items are unaffordable and unrealistic and push for them anyway. They are buying the vote of the uneducatedm unsophisticated underclasses.

This should concern you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    All the why and wherefores against a high minimum wage (or livable wage if you loike) have been hit on but there us none point than no one has brought up.

People in congress, as a whole, are not dumb. Especially the senior leaders of the house and senate. They know that raising the minimum wage to high levels will lead to higher prices, higher unemployment and an economic slow down.

Yet, the dems still vociferously push for it. They know raising the minimum wage to $15 carries many negatives yet they constantly push for it.

They are trying to buy votes. It is that simple.

If they get $15 minimum pushed theu they look like heroes. If it is defeated, they still look like heroes.

That point should bother you.

They are tryng to buy votes with…tuition forgiveness, free healthcare, jobs for all, slave reparations. They know these items are unaffordable and unrealistic and push for them anyway. They are buying the vote of the uneducatedm unsophisticated underclasses.

This should concern you.
    I mean, both sides are really only interested in votes. Have been for decades

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

OK, if you say so, but I prefer the hard evidence that proves what they allegedly know.

If everyone knows Free Healthcare is unreasonable and unaffordable how come every other industrialized nation on earth has managed to have free healthcare that is both reasonable and affordable?

Gee whiz, don’t know about that. I mean, the tax cut couldn’t have been a play for votes, could it?

Both sides are interested in votes…that's a given.

I am very uncomfortable when one side, any side, tries to ramrod through a policy that will guarantee votes bit 1: is harmful to the country (high minimum wage) or 2: they know will never happen (Student lioan forgiveness, free tuition, slavery reparations).

This is something the dems do on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    OK, if you say so, but I prefer the hard evidence that proves what they allegedly know.
    Look at some of the examples from cities that have raised minimum wage to $15.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    If everyone knows Free Healthcare is unreasonable and unaffordable how come every other industrialized nation on earth has managed to have free healthcare that is both reasonable and affordable?
    I really wish people would stop comparing the US to "every other industrialized nation on earth." We are not the same as "every other industrialized nation on earth." There are more people here, we are more advanced, we have a military obligation others don't have and we have (wait for it) far more diversity thanm "every other industrialized nation on earth." Far more issues to take care of.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Gee whiz, don’t know about that. I mean, the tax cut couldn’t have been a play for votes, could it?
    No. The tax cut was not a play for votes. A good number of people that received tax cuts don't even know they got one.

The tax cuts was a play to improve the American economy. They seemed to have worked.

I am very uncomfortable when one side, any side, tries to ramrod through a policy that will guarantee votes bit 1: is harmful to the country (high minimum wage) or 2: they know will never happen (Student lioan forgiveness, free tuition, slavery reparations).

you are only picky and choosy who gets hurt is all.

I really wish people would stop comparing the US to "every other industrialized nation on earth." We are not the same as "every other industrialized nation on earth." There are more people here, we are more advanced, we have a military obligation others don't have and we have (wait for it) far more diversity thanm "every other industrialized nation on earth." Far more issues to take care of.
    you are right. We love to pretend we are the most advanced nation, yet in a simple way, we are light years behind many other industrialized nations.

Indonesia has 264 million people and approximately 5% of our GDP and they are implementing a universal healthcare system that should cover all of their citizens by the end of the year, this process started in 2014.

This happens by both parties on a regular basis you are just on one of the teams and are focused on the other side being bad. It is probably the most common argument basis on this site lol.

Example: the tax cuts you just wrote off because they were done by your team! This has increased the deficit while benefiting the wealthy at higher percentages than others all while not actually paying for itself as was promised by many Republicans who pushed it through.

It's almost like they knew it wouldn't pay for itself but tried to convince people it would anyways knowing the ignorant tribe would just jump on and defend etc. and ignore the reality of the game being played all along since it is their team doing it.

The issue isn't dems are catering to voters with these ideas, it's that they aren't catering to voters like you with ideas you like/want.

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast