Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    Yeah I don't think we'll be seeing Gerry Sparks in goal for the Leafs again.
    I think we absolutely could. He still has ceiling. He could have a break out season this year for all we know.

Well let's hope. I don't have much trust in Sparks. Plus it didn't look good when he called out his teammates and then played bad.

Well let's hope. I don't have much trust in Sparks. Plus it didn't look good when he called out his teammates and then played bad.
    So much for that.

What's the deal with the Clarkson trade?

Everytime I get a score update, I'm sure it's an announcement of a Marner signing. I get like 20/day. It's very depressing.

Clarkson can go on LTIR. I gotta look more into this because you need to be cap compliant by the start of the season before you use that. I'm sure there's a loophole In missing otherwise they wouldn't of made the trade.

Clarkson can go on LTIR. I gotta look more into this because you need to be cap compliant by the start of the season before you use that. I'm sure there's a loophole In missing otherwise they wouldn't of made the trade.
    Yeah I found a link on Twitter that explains it. Apparently it allows them to sign Marner during the season. It gives them up to 11m in cap space, where if they didn't make the move they would have lost space and only had 6m once the season started. Marner's camp was probably using that as leverage. That leverage is gone.

Man you gotta hand it to Dubas stick handling around the cap this summer. All the "experts" thought there was no way they could keep all of Matthews, Tavares, Nylander, Kapanen, Johnsson and eventually Marner.

Man you gotta hand it to Dubas stick handling around the cap this summer. All the "experts" thought there was no way they could keep all of Matthews, Tavares, Nylander, Kapanen, Johnsson and eventually Marner.
    + Andersen + Barrie + Reilly + somehow turning zaitsev into 5m in cap space next year.

Who is due for an extension next year other than Barrie?

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    + Andersen + Barrie + Reilly + somehow turning zaitsev into 5m in cap space next year.

Really nobody significant besides Muzzin. Going off the top of my head though.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post

Dermott but he should be rather cheap considering he doesn't put up points and he hasn't worked his way into the top 4. This is one I'd try to get done this summer if possible. Give him low dollar but longer term to give him security with that shoulder injury.

Muzzin is the other one but with Rielly-Dermott-Sandin lining up as the top 3 LD heading into 2020-2021 I think he moves on after this year.

After that our only big decisions in the next couple years will be extending Rielly, and finding a cheap replacement for Andersen.
    2015 Re-Draft Dream Team

Hall-Backes-Cammalleri
    Lupul-Bjugstad-Brown
    Rieder-Rakell-Hayes
    Jaskin-Jenner-Stempniak

McDonagh-Doughty
    Orpik-Jones
    Campbell-Gudbranson

Bernier
    Tokarski

Forgot about Dermott. You're right, now would be the time to strike if you're the team. But RFA's are a pain in the *** now. He may bet on himself and play the season out.

2020-2021

Rielly-
    Dermott-
    Sandin-

What on the right side? Maybe Barrie re-ups but I don't know. He reportedly wants 8 shmill a year. Not so sure about paying that. Assume he does re-up..

2020-21

Rielly-Barrie
    Dermott-???
    Sandin-Liljegren

Could maybe see Muzzin resigned if it's the same AAV plus short term and Dermott can play the right side. Could be musical chairs on the right side for a while.
    Last edited by KingerSox; 07-25-2019 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98 View Post
    Dermott but he should be rather cheap considering he doesn't put up points and he hasn't worked his way into the top 4. This is one I'd try to get done this summer if possible. Give him low dollar but longer term to give him security with that shoulder injury.

Muzzin is the other one but with Rielly-Dermott-Sandin lining up as the top 3 LD heading into 2020-2021 I think he moves on after this year.

After that our only big decisions in the next couple years will be extending Rielly,and finding a cheap replacement for Andersen.
    If Barrie gets 8 million.. imagine Morgan's next deal.

Leafs traded Borgman to St. Louis for RHD Jordan Schmaltz. Not much of a trade. RHD depth in case of an injury. Probably Marlies bound. 2012 1st round pick though. Just hasn't lived up to it.

Leafs extend a PTO to F Matt Read. Can't see him winning a job but with a good camp he may find one elsewhere. Most Leafs news in weeks lol.

Im not too thrilled about losing Connor Brown to the Sens.. seems like thats been ignored lol

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast