Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 150
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,799
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    It's happening all over PSD. Not just our forum. Ours has been more active than the main forum for 2 or 3 years. I will make a Draft Thread though. Trades may go down. The 2nd-7th rounds are on Saturday. I just feel like I'm wasting my time tracking it all.
    I'd still be very interested in your take on the picks.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    13,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    If there is another site where ppl post Twitter updates and rumours then lemme know, I'm all for it.

    I really hope its Pesche for Kapenen that they're working around. Would put our minds at ease on defense next year.
    I'm hoping for Pesce as well. His playoffs sold me. The TSN/Sportsnet insiders are also saying that if the Leafs would include a lesser prospect instead of Kapanen or Johnson(obviously now not prospects), say a Bracco, that they would take Marleau and buy him out. That way they get a prospect and Marleau can sign with SJ on the cheap.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    13,137
    So Marner plans on meeting with teams come Wednesday. If does this it's awful. His agent is such a dirt bag though.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brampton, Ontario
    Posts
    29,064
    So we gave up our 2020 1st to move Marleau. Thats rough. Unless its top 10, it becomes 2021. So, its the 2020 pick 99%. :/

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,799
    Im shocked they had to spend a 1st to shed marleau. But it is what it is.

    I like the skill based draft. How many guys on our team are size monsters? It's not the style we play and I am aok with that. Stick to your guns dubas!

    I also like the extensions. Kap and Johnson for about what marleau was making. Have them locked up through their prime and both have proven the can fit in the top 6. They could be bargains starting from next season.

    Seems they're sticking at 9m for marner. I like it and they would probably be willing to go 9.5 where I thought he would sign.

    Which teams have 11m in cap space and 4 of their next picks?

    You would have to assume it would be a contender or those picks could be worth a couple marners.

    Does the marleau trade take Carolina out of the running?

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    13,137
    I hate giving up the 1st too. Especially two years in a row. Lou ****ed us with Marleau and Zaitsev. Team was bent over a barrel and everyone knew it.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    13,137
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Im shocked they had to spend a 1st to shed marleau. But it is what it is.

    I like the skill based draft. How many guys on our team are size monsters? It's not the style we play and I am aok with that. Stick to your guns dubas!

    I also like the extensions. Kap and Johnson for about what marleau was making. Have them locked up through their prime and both have proven the can fit in the top 6. They could be bargains starting from next season.

    Seems they're sticking at 9m for marner. I like it and they would probably be willing to go 9.5 where I thought he would sign.

    Which teams have 11m in cap space and 4 of their next picks?

    You would have to assume it would be a contender or those picks could be worth a couple marners.

    Does the marleau trade take Carolina out of the running?
    I would never surrender that. If you're a bottom feeder you could end up handing over 2 high% lottery picks. If you're a contender you probably don't have the space and best of luck predicting 4 years. You could be contender 2 of those years then fall off the map. The thing is, both Kapanen and Johnsson's deals won't be signed off on until the Leafs know about Marner.(Some of the insiders suggested that not me) If true he could cost them a million bucks a peice over the 3 or 4 years. Try pulling what he's pulling and walking back into that room next season. Nylander held out but he didn't decide whether his teammates would gain or lose that.
    Last edited by KingerSox; 06-22-2019 at 06:22 PM.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    13,137
    Cap is set to 81.5 so that makes for more headaches. It's always gotta be a fight with this team. Watch Point and Rantanen and those guys sign for less just to make our guys look worse. I don't know if it's the market and these guys hearing their tires constantly pumped or what it is but it's frustrating. "I wanna win so bad, but oh yeah not at the expense of one penny." All three of em. Matthews with term more than anything.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    34,578
    **** Marner. These guys think they're irreplaceable. I've said this before and I'll say it a million times until he signs. Let him get offer sheeted or let him sit out the whole year and fill the cap space with other players who would be good role players.

    Perry, Tanev etc... we need to let selfish players go and obtain more team oriented guys.

    Nylander, Matthew's, Tavares is all we need anyways to win that cup. Add in Kapenen, Johannesen, Kadri still on roster and fill in blanks.

    We shouldnt and won't lose sleep if he leaves. Trade his *** for a sickkk package if possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

    Homerism at its finest

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    13,137
    It's certainly on Marner because he has the power to say yes or no. You never know who's in his ear. His agent has a history of being a real *******. Sometimes the agents have commission on their minds way more than what's best for the player.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    34,578
    So **** them. History speaks volumes, look at all thr players over the course of the past 4 5 years. They say this is my term or trade me like a Trouba. But Marner has been nothing but a ***** since the start asking for top 5 NHL money when he's nowhere near top 10 in the league.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

    Homerism at its finest

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    13,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    So **** them. History speaks volumes, look at all thr players over the course of the past 4 5 years. They say this is my term or trade me like a Trouba. But Marner has been nothing but a ***** since the start asking for top 5 NHL money when he's nowhere near top 10 in the league.
    It is ridiculous I feel ya there. He certainly didn't listen to a thing Nylander had to say after his negotiation. He mentioned during the season and after the season how much he regretted what he did, you could tell by his voice and the look on his face. Guarantee he would give money back if he could do it over. If he gets offer sheeted so be it. I won't lose sleep over it. 4 first round picks would be extremely useful assets in a trade or just to use to prop up the prospect cupboard again. Or they could just get frustrated and trade him. We'd get a hell of a haul.

    And I agree. He is NOT a top 10 player right now.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Woodstock
    Posts
    8,738
    The thing with Marner is that he's asking $2-3M more than he's worth. Tavares boosted his point totals big time. He still wasn't even top 10 in scoring yet wants to be paid like a top 5 player. He's worth somewhere between $9M and $9.5. Anything over 10 is insanity.

    Matthews and Nylander get s**t on for being greedy yet they were really only overpaid by about 500k and I dare say Nylander could look like a steal if he plays like he did at the World Championships.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,799
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98 View Post
    The thing with Marner is that he's asking $2-3M more than he's worth. Tavares boosted his point totals big time. He still wasn't even top 10 in scoring yet wants to be paid like a top 5 player. He's worth somewhere between $9M and $9.5. Anything over 10 is insanity.

    Matthews and Nylander get s**t on for being greedy yet they were really only overpaid by about 500k and I dare say Nylander could look like a steal if he plays like he did at the World Championships.
    Agreed. I never had an issue with nylanders contract (once it was finally signed). Marner doesn't deserve top 5 money because even if you say he's a top 10 offensive contributor, he definitely isn't a top10 defensive guy.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,799
    My only issue with the marleau trade is not having a 1st rounder 2 consecutive years. We have seen many times in the past how that isn't the way to go. Hopefully the scouting does what it needs to do.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •