Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Kevin LeBanc put up 50+ points this year and signed for 1 year at 1 million to help out the Sharks because he knows he'll get paid in a year or two. Then you've got Marner worried about getting paid more than Kucherov.. Obviously comparing LeBanc to Marner isn't fair, but you get my point.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    Kevin LeBanc put up 50+ points this year and signed for 1 year at 1 million to help out the Sharks because he knows he'll get paid in a year or two. Then you've got Marner worried about getting paid more than Kucherov.. Obviously comparing LeBanc to Marner isn't fair, but you get my point.
    Comparing Marner to kucherov isn't fair either though.

Apparently it's believed Marner has turned down a couple offer sheets because he wasn't pleased with the destinations. Montreal? Maybe Edmonton?

Looks like Columbus talked to Marner about an offer sheet but never officially put it out there.

Also.. Kadri blocked a trade to Calgary before accepting one to Colorado. The trade would of been..

To Colorado: Kadri

To Toronto: TJ Brodie and Mark Jankowski

Looks like Columbus talked to Marner about an offer sheet but never officially put it out there.

Also.. Kadri blocked a trade to Calgary before accepting one to Colorado. The trade would of been..

To Colorado: Kadri

To Toronto: TJ Brodie and Mark Jankowski
    Jeez... thanks kadri. Barrie is a much better asset imo and kerfoot.

Nylander switching to #88 this season. Said he will pay to have all bought jerseys from real sports renumbered himself. Pretty nice gesture to say the least!

I think Nylander is going to have a huge season.
    I'm expecting a Marner type season from him.
    Gotta love matthews/nylander + tavares/marner. Both matchups have really good chemistry and contrasting skills.

Kinger, what is your opinion on the 2 different packages for kadri? I prefer barrie+kerfoot. How do you view the brodie/jank offer?

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I think Nylander is going to have a huge season.
    I'm expecting a Marner type season from him.
    Gotta love matthews/nylander + tavares/marner. Both matchups have really good chemistry and contrasting skills.

Kinger, what is your opinion on the 2 different packages for kadri? I prefer barrie+kerfoot. How do you view the brodie/jank offer?
    Way rather the deal we got from Colorado. I'm no Jankowski fan. I'm sure he can improve a little more, but still. Brodie is better defensively than Barrie but is a left shot. He can play the right side but still.

Barrie fits into what Dubas is doing which is to load up on skill everywhere. Whether that works out in the playoffs is TBD. He apparently wants 8 million a year on an extension and his point totals do warrant it. I would think the Leafs will extend him at some point during the season. Kerfoot is a defensive upgrade on Kadri but doesn't have the offensive chops Kadri did. If we can resign Barrie and he continues to produce this looks like a solid trade. Mind you Barrie is going to have some roll your eye moments.

Way rather the deal we got from Colorado. I'm no Jankowski fan. I'm sure he can improve a little more, but still. Brodie is better defensively than Barrie but is a left shot. He can play the right side but still.

Barrie fits into what Dubas is doing which is to load up on skill everywhere. Whether that works out in the playoffs is TBD. He apparently wants 8 million a year on an extension and his point totals do warrant it. I would think the Leafs will extend him at some point during the season. Kerfoot is a defensive upgrade on Kadri but doesn't have the offensive chops Kadri did. If we can resign Barrie and he continues to produce this looks like a solid trade. Mind you Barrie is going to have some roll your eye moments.
    Pretty much agree across the board.

Barrie can put up kadri point totals from the RD spot. And I think he is younger than brodie.

I would have considered the trade even if kerfoot wasn't included.

I like dubas a lot.

He builds his team's the same way I do in dynasty mode. Hope it works out in the playoffs in reality.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456