Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Maple Leafs 2019 Off-season Thread

All the Leafs off-season news and comments right here. Should be an interesting time with the cap crunch coming. How the Leafs navigate it? Who gets traded? Who stays? Does Babcock the genius stay or go? Stay tuned.

All I know is that if Babcock stays Dubas needs to let Hainsey walk and find a way to move Marleau and Brown. Babcock will play them to a fault. Incase nobody can tell, I can't stand Babcock anymore. I may end up doing my *bleep* Babcock rant if he continues with his ways lol. Down 2, game 7, 12 minutes left, no tomorrow.. SEND OUT THE GOAT! Atta boy Babs. Anyways I'll stop.

Yeah not playing Matthews or loading up the lines in potentially the last game of the season made no sense.

I'm personally done with the new NHL playoff format. It's ridiculous and they need to change it back.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Yeah not playing Matthews or loading up the lines in potentially the last game of the season made no sense.

I'm personally done with the new NHL playoff format. It's ridiculous and they need to change it back.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    I'm not blaming the format. Frankly, I want to beat Boston. If we can't beat Boston then we aren't worthy of winning the cup.

But for sure I would like to see our top 2 lines have all the star power.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I'm not blaming the format. Frankly, I want to beat Boston. If we can't beat Boston then we aren't worthy of winning the cup.
    Friggin right.

Ozhiganov back to Russia. Thanks for comin out.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    Ozhiganov back to Russia. Thanks for comin out.
    I hope they keep trying for these guys. Specifically offensively gifted guys.

And don't sign them to 7 year deals after 1 season.

Auston Matthews to have a procedure to remove surgical hardware(screws, ect.) from a 2014 surgery. Will not affect his off-season training.

Great move to lock up Keefe.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Great move to lock up Keefe.
    Yeah very good move. He's probably making more than some NHL coaches. Also Zaitsev is open to a fresh start. So both the team and his agent are trying to facilitate a trade. The return will be next to nothing. It will be a miracle for Dubas to trade him without taking back another bad contract or eating some money. Unless he includes a pick or a prospect. Darren Dreger also said yesterday that he'd be shocked if Marner didn't hold out and hope for a monster offer sheet.

As much as these kids may want to win and as much as they may like being Leafs.. money seems way more important to them than most young players. It's disappointing. (Nylander, Matthews, Marner) Apparently Marner's father is very involved and that's not good news.

This marleau trade is a ****ing god send. And apparently zaitsev might be moved too? Wth! Dubas is Jesus.

Trade Marleau and Zaitsev and lots of cap clears up based on how much we must retain

Also I agree, its not even about beating Boston, its just boring. Go back to the old format with 3 divisions per conference. Boston, Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Buffalo in one division. The way it should have been.

I sorta wanna dethrone Boston. Id rather go through them than around them.

If zaitsev and marleau are both moved then we can retain everyone and even add a piece.

If they go affordable bridge contracts for kap and Johnson then dubas could take a stab at karlsson.

Upgrading the d is still the priority after re-signing guys.

Well it would be 10.75 million off the cap if Zaitsev and Marleau are traded without any retention. I think you can do that with Zaitsev but not so much with Marleau. We have alot of skilled right wingers so maybe if you add Bracco to Marleau that can get it done. I really don't see a spot for him in the top 6 or 9 with Marner, Nylander and Kapanen there.

The killer is Marner. It looks like he's going to be difficult. If he's looking for Matthews money he's insane and good luck getting an offer sheet at 11 plus. You've gotta keep sticking it to him with the Kucherov contract. If he keeps being difficult just tell him sorry we have to at least look into the possibility of trading you if playing for your home town doesn't mean enough to you. I've said it before, these kid are all money greedy. They're allowed to be, don't get me wrong. It's within the rules. But winning isn't important enough to them to even sacrifice a penny. You look at a guy like Pasta in Boston who just laughed when asked if he jumped the gun too early on an extension. He said "if you told me so many years ago I'd make 6 million a year to play hockey I'd call you crazy." These kids aren't wired that way and it sucks. Absolutely sucks. Everyone rips on Nylander because he's European and held out but Matthews and Marner are the exact same. Marner wants stupid money for a winger that had a career year playing with a centre who made a living in NY helping wingers to career years and Matthews is trying to get to free agency as fast as he possibly can. Again.. it sucks. Nylander shouldn't be the only one getting ripped on for his contract.
    Last edited by KingerSox; 06-03-2019 at 10:20 PM.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast