Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nhl/...p1ao3xl52v0hd0

Sheesh... 21st ranked farm... I don't think we're getting enough credit for our young goalies and I count 5 guys who are almost guaranteed to be NHL players in the future... I don't see the same for the other farms around our ranking. But still this farm could use some top end talent for sure.
    Meh we don't really have a lot of high draft picks or flashy talent. I think Liljegren and Sandin are sure bets to be top 4 D-men eventually but Liljegren isn't flashy despite being one of the best defensemen in the AHL at 19 years old.

After that it's a lot of question marks and future depth pieces. Bracco needs to be way better 5 on 5, Robertson is at least 3 years away, and Woll and Scott need to play in professional hockey before we can get truly excited about them.

I'm okay with our ranking.
    2015 Re-Draft Dream Team

Hall-Backes-Cammalleri
    Lupul-Bjugstad-Brown
    Rieder-Rakell-Hayes
    Jaskin-Jenner-Stempniak

McDonagh-Doughty
    Orpik-Jones
    Campbell-Gudbranson

Bernier
    Tokarski

Leafs announce their roster for the Traverse City Prospects tournament.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...ts-tournament/

Hockey is in the air now. That's enough summer thank you.

Our prospect ranking is fine. 3 years in the playoffs. Matthews, Nylander, Marner, Johnsson, Kapanen and Dermott have all graduated. Grundstrom and Durzi were traded. Next draft will be two years in a row without a 1st as it stands now. Prospect pool was definitely going to take a big hit. Liljegren and Sandin are cleary the top 2 guys. I see alot of Bouwmeester in Liljegren. Great skater and puck mover but won't put up the points projected early in his draft year. Probably a 35 point D man. The best part about him, like Bouwmeester, is that his defensive game is coming along better than expected. I have a harder time finding a comparable to Sandin at the moment but he's just an awesome prospect.

The guys I'm looking forward to seeing at the prospect tourny are Robertson, Abramov, Woll, Scott, Duszak, Der-Arguchintsev, Kivihalme, Hollowell and Lindgren.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    Our prospect ranking is fine. 3 years in the playoffs. Matthews, Nylander, Marner, Johnsson, Kapanen and Dermott have all graduated. Grundstrom and Durzi were traded. Next draft will be two years in a row without a 1st as it stands now. Prospect pool was definitely going to take a big hit. Liljegren and Sandin are cleary the top 2 guys. I see alot of Bouwmeester in Liljegren. Great skater and puck mover but won't put up the points projected early in his draft year. Probably a 35 point D man. The best part about him, like Bouwmeester, is that his defensive game is coming along better than expected. I have a harder time finding a comparable to Sandin at the moment but he's just an awesome prospect.

The guys I'm looking forward to seeing at the prospect tourny are Robertson, Abramov, Woll, Scott, Duszak, Der-Arguchintsev, Kivihalme, Hollowell and Lindgren.
    Yeah I'm a fan of the specs we have in the farm, I'm just thinking they're better then the farms ranked around us and I actually think we should be rated higher based on the 2 defenseman.

Nick Kypreos and Doug MacLean are leaving Sportsnet. Bob McCown left too a while back. Somethings up at Sportsnet?

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    Nick Kypreos and Doug MacLean are leaving Sportsnet. Bob McCown left too a while back. Somethings up at Sportsnet?
    My buddy is an editor there and got let go with a load of people as well. They lost all their Premier League coverage and made cuts but I haven't heard anything about a change to hockey but they must be prepping for a huge change. Most of them are getting severance and then getting contract work back when severance ends... on air talent may be different but Sports TV in Canada will definitely be changing from a finance point of view.
    Last edited by HT9Canada; 08-30-2019 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HT9Canada View Post
    My buddy is an editor there and got let go with a load of people as well. They lost all their Premier League coverage and made cuts but I haven't heard anything about a change to hockey but they must be prepping for a huge change. Most of them are getting severance and then getting contract work back when severance ends... on air talent may be different but Sports TV in Canada will definitely be changing from a finance point of view.
    Thanks for that info! John Shannon is gone too. I think they shot their load on that national TV deal and it's not paying off?

10 days.. Come on marner.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    10 days.. Come on marner.
    Getting mighty annoying now. He's threatening to start the season in Switzerland. He's not getting Matthews type money and he's not getting 5 years to walk him to UFA status. If they do a 3 year bridge around 9-9.5 that might give the Leafs room to resign Gardiner once the season opens and Horton and Clarkson go on LTIR. Or make another move. It's going to be an interesting 10 days. If he decides to sit out part of the season his cap hit will be pro rated so the hit will rocket. Leafs don't have the space to do that this year like they did last with Nylander. If he takes this into October he's screwing himself.

The Leafs offered Marner 11 million for 7 years and he turned it down. I'm very surprised by this.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    The Leafs offered Marner 11 million for 7 years and he turned it down. I'm very surprised by this.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    + bonuses.

Apparently the problem was that his AAV was less than Matthews lmao.

I think Mitch is a good kid who is getting bad advice.

This may end in a trade because it's at a ridiculous point. Apparently they're still *****ing about his old ELC and rookie bonuses. Pathetic. Flat out pathetic.

The city is really turning on Mitch.
    The most recent move of sharing the 11m 7 year offer was a glorious one by the leafs.

Jeff O'Neill went OFF on Marner yesterday right off the hop on Overdrive. It was hilarious but true. It was great. Also good of the Leafs to let that out and then Dubas addressed it today and said after today "radio silence" from the Leafs.

I get the sense that even though Nylander held out that the negotiations stayed cordial. This one appears ugly and it's all on the Marner camp. Half the reason Nylander held out was because he wanted a contract that made him hard to trade last year. I respect that. Guy just loves it in Toronto.
    Last edited by KingerSox; 09-12-2019 at 03:05 PM.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast