Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Warriors also got Willie Caullie Stein, and I don't get that signing. They have Looney who I think is way better than Callie Stein. I like Callie Stein, but I just don't think he was a good signing for them. I think getting rid of Iggy is a HUGE mistake for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefistus View Post
    Warriors also got Willie Caullie Stein, and I don't get that signing. They have Looney who I think is way better than Callie Stein. I like Callie Stein, but I just don't think he was a good signing for them. I think getting rid of Iggy is a HUGE mistake for them.
    Well Willie was on a minimum contract so no biggie there. And I think Iggy was basically just money related. They are definitely gonna miss Iggy but he was gonna cost them too much money with the tax and such.

the warriors had two choices. pay iggy 15 million a year or sign/trade for russell. the thing thats kinda weird is that it ended up costing them two firsts so I wonder how much better and asset russell is. the warriors for potentially the first time in the curry era are going to be super top heavy. no longer when curry sits are they bringing in livingston and iggy its going to whoever they can get for the minimum. Speaking of the minimum man I hope kawhi doesn't go to the lakers. there is basically no one left on the market for the lakers to sign even if they have oodles of cap space.

I think the Jazz's off-season is now complete. I do not see them trading away Exum because his potential makes him the x-factor that could be the difference between the Jazz being a really good team and the Jazz being championship contenders.

The bench is the biggest question mark right now, but they have the potential to be awesome.

PG - Mudiay
    SG - Exum
    SF- Oneal
    PF - Greene
    C - Davis

This unit has size, athleticism, can be great defensively and if things go well, could be really good offensively as well. Exum and Mudiay development will determine their ceiling offensively.

Should be exciting

Quote Originally Posted by Raupie View Post
    I think the Jazz's off-season is now complete. I do not see them trading away Exum because his potential makes him the x-factor that could be the difference between the Jazz being a really good team and the Jazz being championship contenders.

The bench is the biggest question mark right now, but they have the potential to be awesome.

PG - Mudiay
    SG - Exum
    SF- Oneal
    PF - Greene
    C - Davis

This unit has size, athleticism, can be great defensively and if things go well, could be really good offensively as well. Exum and Mudiay development will determine their ceiling offensively.

Should be exciting
    I think Ingles is going to come off the bench and Green is going to start. I would rather Green play a little more in the regular season to keep the wear and tear off of Joe. Exum has got to stay healthy though and he or Mudiay one has got to hit a third of their 3s or better.

But with Kawhi signing with the Clippers I think we can legit compete for a finals birth the next 2yrs! I'm really excited about the season coming up!

I could definitely see Ingles coming from the bench, especially since they like him to run the second team offense. Green did start 40 some games for Washington last year, so he definitely has starting potential.

If Green does start, who is the backup PF? I know they played Oneal at the 4 spot last year some. Maybe that will be his spot this year? I know the NBA is becoming more interchangeable, so what position they play isn't as critical.

I am thinking we go 10 deep during the season and try to keep our players fresh. Rudy and Donovan may be the only Jazz players to average over 30 minutes a game this season.

Green is also 32 and on a 1 year deal, so ideally the Jazz are grooming their PF starter for next year, so very possible Niang gets some minutes as well.

So though we may not be as deep this year as last year, I could see us still playing 10 - 11 players per game to keep our players fresh and healthy for a deep run into the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    I think Ingles is going to come off the bench and Green is going to start. I would rather Green play a little more in the regular season to keep the wear and tear off of Joe. Exum has got to stay healthy though and he or Mudiay one has got to hit a third of their 3s or better.

But with Kawhi signing with the Clippers I think we can legit compete for a finals birth the next 2yrs! I'm really excited about the season coming up!

niang will be the backup PF on the roster and Bojan probably ends games at PF

I think one of the most interesting things I want to know is how some of these contract we signed were structured. does davis have a player option next year. does Bojan's contact escalate every year. I am not sure how conley's contract works. can he get out of it next year?

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    I think one of the most interesting things I want to know is how some of these contract we signed were structured. does davis have a player option next year. does Bojan's contact escalate every year. I am not sure how conley's contract works. can he get out of it next year?
    I don't think there is any way we trade the assets we did for Conley if he wasn't locked in for 2yrs.

Conley doesn't have a player option. We have him for 2 years. Bogey is rumored to have a deescalating contract. Similar to how we set up Ingles.

IMO Ingles will be a starter. We want to start the game with our best 5. We want those 5 to gel together and be used to playing together. Conley, Mitchell, Ingles, Bogey, and Gobert are by far our best 5. Why pass up the opportunity to play 4 out like we always dreamed.

Most of the NBA is playing an undersized 4. The top teams in the west have Kuzma, Tucker, Harrell, Millsap, and Green at the 4. All of them are similar in size to Bogey.

that is an interesting question against what teams would you be uncomfortable with Bojan/ingles coverings

#1-76ers-Al horford
    an interseting conumdrom. neither can cover him, but could Al cover Bojan or ingles? I think we would need a real PF this game.

#2 bucks-Giannis. I don't think we have anyone who can cover Giannis at this point and thats by far our biggest weakness. can Jeff green not embarrass himself? I don't know.

#3 Raptors-Siakam?

#4 Pacers Sabonis- again he can abuse both of those guys, but he has zero shot of guarding them as well. in the playoffs it usually goes that the team with better ball handling wins, but with no Golden state maybe that changes

#5 pistons-Blake would crush them

#6 John Collins he has size, but I am not sure about this low post ability.

#7 lauri markkanen-dudes 7 feet

#8 Kevin Love-5 year ago Love would scare, but not this one

West
    #1 Nuggets-millsap pretty hefty weight advantage if its millsap

#2 Spurs LMA

#3 Kings-Bagley

#4-Lakers Davis if he is playing PF

#5 Pelicans-Zion Williamson

#6 Mavericks-Porzingus

So I am seeing 14/29 other teams still having a decent sized PF. A lot of them are decent teams too.

that is an interesting question against what teams would you be uncomfortable with Bojan/ingles coverings

#1-76ers-Al horford
    an interseting conumdrom. neither can cover him, but could Al cover Bojan or ingles? I think we would need a real PF this game.

#2 bucks-Giannis. I don't think we have anyone who can cover Giannis at this point and thats by far our biggest weakness. can Jeff green not embarrass himself? I don't know.

#3 Raptors-Siakam?

#4 Pacers Sabonis- again he can abuse both of those guys, but he has zero shot of guarding them as well. in the playoffs it usually goes that the team with better ball handling wins, but with no Golden state maybe that changes

#5 pistons-Blake would crush them

#6 John Collins he has size, but I am not sure about this low post ability.

#7 lauri markkanen-dudes 7 feet

#8 Kevin Love-5 year ago Love would scare, but not this one

West
    #1 Nuggets-millsap pretty hefty weight advantage if its millsap

#2 Spurs LMA

#3 Kings-Bagley

#4-Lakers Davis if he is playing PF

#5 Pelicans-Zion Williamson

#6 Mavericks-Porzingus

So I am seeing 14/29 other teams still having a decent sized PF. A lot of them are decent teams too.
    I'm only worried about a few of these. We can play a different lineup during those games. I'd like to see the bigger guys stay with Bogey. Guys that primarily shoot from the outside are not a real threat. We are probably better off guarding players like Giannis, Siakam, Sabonis, and millsap with Bogey over Favors. Porzingus and Bagley are more likely to play Center.

you have to worry about wear and tear for a 30 year old to cover a ton of those guys as well. like in a playoff series he would run them off the floor, but in a 82 game schedule having to bang with those guys might get him hurt

we signed our 2nd round pick from last year Nigel Goss. kind of a Neto project again.

the Europe guys are saying he is trash. hoping this isn't another pleiss situation again.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast