Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    I like when neto saw the floor, but until he can stay healthy I don't know he is worth 2 million. As much as i wish we had Exum's cap space right now at least when he is healthy he has a chance to be a a real difference maker while Neto is more of a solid backup.

Brantley looks like he could turn into something. Nice combination of size, athleticism, and skill. Looks like he could stick around on the team as a developmental player.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    I like when neto saw the floor, but until he can stay healthy I don't know he is worth 2 million. As much as i wish we had Exum's cap space right now at least when he is healthy he has a chance to be a a real difference maker while Neto is more of a solid backup.
    Still a chance we bring Neto back.

I think its funny how everyone praises Memphis for getting a "haul" for Conley. Did they? As I see it, they got a bunch of role players who really wouldn't make a dent in a playoff series. These are great guys for the regular season, but not for a playoff series where your weaknesses are exposed.

Kyle Korver is retiring soon. He is a liability defensively and wasn't getting minutes in a playoff game.

Jay Crowder's real value is his toughness, but he attempted too many shots. Crowder was typically on the floor at the end of games, but Bogey is a significant upgrade as a closer. I like Jay, but we needed to do better to take the next step. If Crowder is your starting 4 you are probably a lottery team.

Grayson Allen had a few great scoring games but only because of a crazy high number of attempts. We had a whole season to evaluate who he really was. His ceiling is a 6th man type.

#23 Pick this year was Darius Bazley. Traditionally #23 has been at best a role player. There are of course examples of future stars being drafted #23 or later, but the Jazz had done more due diligence than anyone in preparation for this draft. They made an educated decision.

I would argue that the future #1 they traded will be worse than the #23 pick. This is based on my optimism that the Jazz are an elite NBA team now. A true contender.

we basically traded
    Favors
    Crowder
    #23 pick
    Future #1(2020-2021 the pick has to be from 8-14 to convey, 2022 top 6 protected)
    Korver
    Grayson
    Neto

for

Conley
    Bojan

i think lowe said it that you just wish Crowder was 10% better. 10% better on his shot or his pick and roll game. Korver is a big depth loss and i expect to see him in LA, but Bojan while not quite as good a shooter as korver is pretty close, but can do just about everything else. I like a ton of things I saw from allen and he did some nice things. i wouldn't be shocked if he is the piece we kinda regret having to give up, but on the other hand he was a 23 year old rookie and had to spend a majority of the year in the gleague. the 23rd pick honestly isn't worth that much. Sure every couple of years you get a Gobert type, but most of the time you don't. the Future pick is the thing that you just never know what will happen in 2 years so its pretty scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Still a chance we bring Neto back.
    yeah I wouldn't be shocked if he came back or if he left.

Man, I really wish we didn't have Exum. That money could have probably gotten us a legit PF for the team to allow Joe to come off the bench. A guy like Aminu/Green would have been perfect but Davis/Royce/Bogdon are gonna have to man the PF spot by committee. Maybe Niang can play some quality regular season minutes to help with the depth there. I LOVE what we've done I just wish we had the cap to get a legit PF.

Just got Jeff Green. That's a great pickup for the money and he can start and allow Ingles to come off the bench. This has been a masterful off-season by the Jazz.

Did you call it, or did you call it? I can't believe we got him for minimum. Wow, what a deal!!

I am guessing that our lineup looks something like

Conley/Exum/Mudiay
    Mitchell/Oneal
    Bojan/Ingles
    Green/Niang
    Gobert/Davis/Bradley

honestly not a ton of roster spots left. Don't forget the 3 rookies we drafted as well. I assume we get at least one on a two way contract and get one on a 3 year deal like niangs and oneal's. what I love about this team

Gobert-.682ts%
    Niang.613ts%
    Oneale-.589 ts%
    Joe Ingles-.581(I bet this gets better next year when he doesn't have to create as much)

Bojan-.613ts%
    Mike Conley-.569ts%(was a .604 the year before)
    Ed Davis-.632ts%
    Jeff Green-.608ts%

leaving
    Michtell-.537 ts%
    Exum-.516 ts%
    Mudiay-.531

man thats a ton of efficiency from guys. for perspective
    Rubio-.520 ts%
    Crowder-.538 ts%
    burks-.547 ts%
    Korver -.569 ts%

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Man, I really wish we didn't have Exum. That money could have probably gotten us a legit PF for the team to allow Joe to come off the bench. A guy like Aminu/Green would have been perfect but Davis/Royce/Bogdon are gonna have to man the PF spot by committee. Maybe Niang can play some quality regular season minutes to help with the depth there. I LOVE what we've done I just wish we had the cap to get a legit PF.
    I was hoping for the same. Maybe we will trade him at the deadline. I think Bogey will be our PF. I want to see what Quinn can do with that lineup first.

I think you want to start green just so you don't have bojan/ingles trying to cover giannis or switching things up every few games. also depends on which green you get. if its last years he was pretty good last year.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    I think you want to start green just so you don't have bojan/ingles trying to cover giannis or switching things up every few games. also depends on which green you get. if its last years he was pretty good last year.
    I really think he will be fine. He's a decent rebounder, can defend, and is good enough of a shooter to hit wide open shots. He's better than the 21% Favors was. He will be just fine starting and playing ~25mins per game. He was a great get and will fit right in. This team now is built beautifully.

I tell you what, those 2nd round picks are really playing great in the Summer league. I honestly hope we pick all three of them up for the season.

How deep could we be if those 3 rookies made the team out of camp? I know Coach Q likes the flexibility of keeping a spot or two open, but hot damn our bench is the envy of every other team in the league.

Meanwhile, the golden shower whoreiors are pedestrian after their top 4 players. And I love how they gutted their future for DLo. Classic 90s-era GS blunder.
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

"of course tom 'jan' brady would whine about a rule change."
    -chipurmunki

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast