Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    gave wiliam howard a non garunteed maybe a training camp invite? he is apparently french 6-8 and a goodish shooter?

I like how they handled the Goss situation. Drafted him. Told him to play in Europe a few seasons (this way the Jazz retain his rights). Then bring him over when he is ready. I think it helps increase the chances that our 2nd round picks are being developed and are worth it when we sign them. Obviously still a risk, but better than signing them outright and have them sit on the bench a few years before being cut.

We also have signed all of our 2nd round picks this year, one to a full contract, the other to two way contracts. I liked what I saw from them in summer league, so I think all of them have a chance to be players some day.

Lastly, been reading that Ingles will probably move to the bench and Jeff Green start. A few reasons.
    First, Jeff Greene is an established vet and a more traditional PF, he took the minimum to come to Utah, so there was probably some incentive for him to start at PF
    Secondly, Ingles regressed last season. Most people think it is where and tear based (dude doesn't ever miss games). So not starting him will help reduce his minutes
    Lastly, I think they will want Ingles leading the 2nd unit. I am thinking a lineup of (Mudiay, Ingles, Exum, Niang, Davis) Mudiay may not really be a floor general. Exum might be some day, not right now. So Ingles may be the primary ball handler in that group.

Then at the end of games, Ingles is on the floor as a shooter for the Jazz "death lineup"

I have no idea if this is true, but https://www.spotrac.com/nba/utah-jaz...gdanovic-8083/ but it says that boban's deal a 4 year deal starting at 17 million with max raises and that the last year is non guaranteed.

2nd Conley has a early termination https://www.spotrac.com/nba/utah-jazz/mike-conley-2532/ which is essentially a player option. now its concievable that the Jazz have a deal with that he picks that up, but who knows.

I'm predicting right now that Rudy has a breakout year. With our spacing this year it will leave him much more open to toy with players in the paint. Especially on those lobs to the rim. He'll also pull down more offensive rebounds since everyone will be guarding at the perimeter. I would be surprised if he doesn't average 20 ppg this year.

I think Rudy might get to 17 or 18ppg but it'll be tough with such a well rounded team. I really think Jeff Green will have a slightly surprising season. He fits exactly what we need and I think he is going to do well. I'm just really excited to see this team in action. Can't wait for the regular season to get started!

I also like the Brantley kid. I think he has a future in the league as at the very least a bench big who can stretch the floor well enough and handle the ball.

Many are wondering if loosing Favors will hurt us defensively. I really don't think so. First, Ed Davis is a solid defender and an elite defensive rebounder. Also, we had great team defensive numbers with Crowder at the 4. Bogey has improved on defense and was not bad last season. Quinn can make this work. I trust him. Most of all the #1 factor by ten miles is Rudy. Rudy is the real reason we are so great defensively, not Favors.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...davised01.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com...favorde01.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com...bogdabo02.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com...goberru01.html

Quote Originally Posted by Firefistus View Post
    I'm predicting right now that Rudy has a breakout year. With our spacing this year it will leave him much more open to toy with players in the paint. Especially on those lobs to the rim. He'll also pull down more offensive rebounds since everyone will be guarding at the perimeter. I would be surprised if he doesn't average 20 ppg this year.
    I agree. Rudy rolling to the rim this season is going to be hard to stop. Mitchell will get fewer double teams. Rudy will role to the rim without a trap as often. Conley has never played with another guard anywhere near Mitchell. Bogey is going to get more open threes in Quinn's system than he has ever seen. These are the real reasons I am so optimistic about the Jazz this year. Our 4 best players are very good, will be asked to play a role that fits their skill set, and compliment each other. Last year they left Favors and Rubio wiiiiiiiiiide open. This year Conley and Bogey will make them pay. Last year we lacked a #2 scorer. This year we have 2 options that can do it. Ingles returns to his best role as a spot up shooter. We can finally boast a 4 out with Rudy in lineup. I'm getting pumped just thinking about it.

I heard a stat today that should get every Jazz fan excited. Conley, Mitchell, Ingles, and Bogey all ranked in the top 50 in catch and shoot 3 point shooting. What? That is awesome. 4 shooters in the top 50! To put that in perspective there are 30 NBA teams. No other team has 4 in the top 50. In today's NBA that could be huge. Now let me take it further because I'm a homer. All 4 guys did that last season with less spacing than they will get this year. Conley did it with a bunch of scrubs. Mitchell and Ingles did it with non shooters around them. Bogey did it with the teams best player injured. What better way to compliment this collection of shooting than with the league's DPOY, the league's best screener, and the NBA record holder in dunks in a season. Can you say championship. Somebody put out a lawn chair, and reserve me a spot for the parade next June.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    I heard a stat today that should get every Jazz fan excited. Conley, Mitchell, Ingles, and Bogey all ranked in the top 50 in catch and shoot 3 point shooting. What? That is awesome. 4 shooters in the top 50! To put that in perspective there are 30 NBA teams. No other team has 4 in the top 50. In today's NBA that could be huge. Now let me take it further because I'm a homer. All 4 guys did that last season with less spacing than they will get this year. Conley did it with a bunch of scrubs. Mitchell and Ingles did it with non shooters around them. Bogey did it with the teams best player injured. What better way to compliment this collection of shooting than with the league's DPOY, the league's best screener, and the NBA record holder in dunks in a season. Can you say championship. Somebody put out a lawn chair, and reserve me a spot for the parade next June.
    Lol, awesome and fun stat. Love the enthusiasm!! I'm hoping we make at LEAST the western conference finals. I'll honestly be happy if we make it that far.

I think the biggest part of our success will be continuity and how well the players mesh on the court. The team looks to be about perfectly constructed and the parts on paper fit very well together. I'm extremely excited and I think the vast majority of non Jazz fans don't realize how big of a difference Conley and Bojan are going to make. We also picked up some great vet depth on the cheap. I just want the season to get started.

Lol, awesome and fun stat. Love the enthusiasm!! I'm hoping we make at LEAST the western conference finals. I'll honestly be happy if we make it that far.
    I'd be happy with that. We could play a really good team in the first round. There are some great teams in the West. I still think we are better than Denver and Portland. Clippers may be the best. Lakers could be great but also could finish 5th in the West. Houston will be very good but not because of Russ.

I'm still high on the Warriors. They know how to win. If Klay is back by mid season they are still a real threat. Without Klay we are better that them.

I don't think Klay will return this season. And if he does, I don't think I've ever seen a player come back from an ACL tear and play at their previous abilities right away. It usually takes a whole season to get back mentally from that.

I think our best off-season signing was Ed Davis. I can't believe we got him for as cheap as we did. I'm STILL mind-blown about it. Finally we have a backup that can truly backup Rudy, and we got him for 5 mill a year. Such a steal.

I don't think Klay will return this season. And if he does, I don't think I've ever seen a player come back from an ACL tear and play at their previous abilities right away. It usually takes a whole season to get back mentally from that.

I think our best off-season signing was Ed Davis. I can't believe we got him for as cheap as we did. I'm STILL mind-blown about it. Finally we have a backup that can truly backup Rudy, and we got him for 5 mill a year. Such a steal.
    I agree on davis. he was easily the best rebounder in the nba last year. especially to come with a team with the DPOY and he is only going to back him up. he knew he wasn't going to ever start sans injury or get that much playing time. kinda the same thing for Jeff Green. you could tell he was kinda bummed he had to sign another minimum deal though.

Jeff Green is going to have a nice year. Doubt we get to retain his services for the minimum after this season. He is a perfect fit for what we needed at PF and to let Joe play fewer minutes and stay fresh for the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Jeff Green is going to have a nice year. Doubt we get to retain his services for the minimum after this season. He is a perfect fit for what we needed at PF and to let Joe play fewer minutes and stay fresh for the playoffs.
    probably depends on a few things. first of all we should have a MLE of some kind next year so if he does really great for us then we could use that to resign him or if we go deep into the playoffs he could just want to give it another go. I think on super intersting thing is what kind of deal Ed davis got. if he got a flat 2 year deal then thats really good for the Jazz. not only because we are guaranteed two years, but because it means we don't have to worry about replacing him and he is a much better trade piece(although that would be unlikely because of how borderline scummy that is)

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast