Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Ya, that's funny, I posted that and 20 minutes later the news leaked on our trade.

I doubt we trade Exum, for some reason we are still hanging onto him. I wish we would trade him, but his trade value is poor right now.

We do however have our bi-annual exception for 4 million and our MLE for 9.5 million. I'm hoping we pull for either someon like Trevor Ariza, or the like. Or go for someone like Mirotic. Both would be cool and probably can be acquired for around that price. As for our Bi-Annual, someone has mentioned Al Faruq Aminu. I think he would fit our system nicely.

so we are using all of our cap space to get this deal done. its weird that we do get to keep favors. I assume to keep him and not use him as a trade piece.

I'm making bets we keep him. He has proven himself to be very valuable to our team, and if we get someone with him as the main piece, we would have to throw in Exum in order to get a better PF or SF.

If we can snag someone real solid at the SF position that can guard and shoot well we could keep Ingles as a 6th man, so he's not completely exhausted in the playoffs. And then find another big man on the cheap. The talking heads are already saying we're title contenders with the Warriors injured. I guess people think L.A. is the only team better than us on paper right now.

Conley is THAT good.

If we keep Favors we absolutely have to get another big who can shoot. We need to get multiple shooters. No idea who that would be right now but I'm gonna look into it.

espn is saying we could cut favors and still have 17 million in cap room. not sure who that gets us though.

I think Aminu or JaMychal Green would be a good fit for our team. Green would be nice because he can be they PF/C like Favors but he can shoot the 3. Aminu can play several positions and shoots the 3 well enough for a PF. Best of all they are both good on the defensive end and long/athletic players.

Other than that we just need to get as many shooters as we can. I mean that bench is pretty damn thin. Definitely gonna need Exum to stay healthy and I guess they are expecting a lot from Royce.

so the current team is

Conley/Exum/neto
    Donovan/O'neale
    Ingles
    Favors/Niang
    Gobert/Bradley

so I think we just have to hope that one of Exum/Neto can stay healthy this next year for a backup PG. I think our PG position is fine and we just have to get a 4th wing type not a huge deal. We really need a SF/PF type though and our options quite frankly suck. I am not sure about bradley cause he has seen about 65 total minutes in the nba so we probably need a backup center as well. we only have a 4.76 room MLE and a minimum salary slot to fill that spot. not sure who that is.

I'm pretty sure we have all of our MLE. With this trade we're still under the cap by like 200k. So we don't need to renounce any of our MLE, or Bi-Annual Exception.

The MLE is going to be aronud 9 million, and the bi annual is 3.5 million. I think we could land a pretty decent piece for 9 million.

Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    Forgive me if it's been reported in here already, but we did trade for Conley. Should be approved on July 6.

My understanding is gave up:
    Crowder (biggest loss, imo)
    Allen (don't care)
    Korver (gonna retire anyway)
    First round pick this year (no. 23 so I'm indifferent)
    Future first rounder (protected lottery next year)

Biggest thing is losing a floor-spreading big, and our picks we're pretty thin before and they're even more so now.

I think next in our list is dumping Exum and maybe Favors. My vote is acquiring a shooting big.
    As much as I would love to dump Exum and maybe Favors so we can add a legit stretch 4, all indications so far show that we are going to keep them. The team has shown a constant belief in these 2 despite some poor play and questionable fit at times. Favors still has a team option. We don't have to decide until July 6th. So if we roll into free agency and have an option to sign someone better we can still do that.

Also, depending how free agency shakes out we may also have a trade option. The Clippers could want to create cap space for a 2nd max player. They trade Danilo Gallinari to us for Favors.

Even if this is the only big move this year we have definitely improved the team. Keeping Favors and Gobert together should be much better with our improved floor spacing. Conley is the #2 scorer we needed. In a perfect world we would add a solid stretch 4 instead of Favors. If we are really going all in then that is our best move. Options like Paul Millsap, Nikola Mirotic, or Harrison Barnes could be tempting. If I could sign Millsap for a year or two for Favors type money I would do it.

If we can snag mirotic I think that would do wonders for out spacing. I don't want to overplay Favors as he seems to play better when taking regular days off and rests during games. Platooning him and Mirotic would give us a dynamic and fresh front court, imo.
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

"of course tom 'jan' brady would whine about a rule change."
    -chipurmunki

Quote Originally Posted by Firefistus View Post
    I'm pretty sure we have all of our MLE. With this trade we're still under the cap by like 200k. So we don't need to renounce any of our MLE, or Bi-Annual Exception.

The MLE is going to be aronud 9 million, and the bi annual is 3.5 million. I think we could land a pretty decent piece for 9 million.
    based on what every cap pundit I have seen say we don't get the full MLE because we used cap to take on conley and the MLE is only for teams who don't use the full cap.

I am still curios what the plan for favors is. I love that we were able to keep him in the conley trade because he is a significantly better player then crowder and Korver. the dude averaged 18/11 per 36 last year, but I don't think that he and Gobert are every going to be an ideal fit. we have 3 options

#1. keep him

#2 cut him and his salary to signs someone else who even if not better might be a better fit.

#3 trade him.

this also doesn't include the small possibility we could trade exum as well to a team and get to about 26 million in cap.

So apparently Tobias Harris wants to play in Utah, but we don't have enough cap right now so sign him. So if we REALLY want him we would have to waive FAvors and probably trade Exum. It would be painful, but I would be alright with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefistus View Post
    So apparently Tobias Harris wants to play in Utah, but we don't have enough cap right now so sign him. So if we REALLY want him we would have to waive FAvors and probably trade Exum. It would be painful, but I would be alright with that.
    we would also have to release neto, and find someone to take Bradley. that gets us to about 30 million so he would still be taking a pay cut.

I'm 100% fine with the sacrifice to bring in Harris.
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

"of course tom 'jan' brady would whine about a rule change."
    -chipurmunki

yeah i would as well. he has to want to come here over other options though. who cares about a bench when you have
    Conley
    Mitchell
    Ingles
    Harris
    Gobert
    that doesn't have the super alpha yet unless Donovan turns into that, but it does have 3 guys you can't easily switch on and amazing spacing. i don't know that harris is that much of a better basketball player then Favors if he is at all, but he fits here so much better. i am not getting my hopes up though. sure sounds like the Jazz are doing the usual over love of the guys we have.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast