Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Offseason Thread

lets get this one started. what moves do you want the Broncos to make. What moves do you think they can make?

Priority #1 has absolutely got to be more shooting. And somebody who can at least sporadically get their own shot. Kemba Walker would be fun but that's a small backcourt.

Also, Holiday would be my dream. His size, defense, and scoring ability would be perfect for us.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Also, Holiday would be my dream. His size, defense, and scoring ability would be perfect for us.
    agreed, but I can't see a way that some other team can't offer something significantly better then Allen and like 3 first round picks.

My #1 priority is a new point guard. We are a very good team when Rubio plays well. Jrue Holiday, Kemba Walker, Malcolm Brogdon, or Mike Conley would be a significant upgrade. I'd prefer someone younger, but I don't think we have the luxury of being that choosy. We should consider it a win if we get any of the 4. I also think any of the 4 are fairly realistic possibilities. Pelicans and Grizz are rebuilding and won't have a ton of options of teams that can take on their contracts. Both teams also have new GM's since the trade deadline. Charlotte is going nowhere and Kemba has got to see it. Bucks can't pay everyone and Brogdon looks like the odd man out.

I hope Korver plays one more year but I would also love his cap space. Thabo is gone. Udoh wants more minutes but won't get it unless Favors is gone. Rubio is looking for a better fit. After hearing his exit interview I think he is gone. I would love to keep Rubio as our 3rd guard for 10ish per year. He won't accept that, but I think that is about what he is worth to us at this point.

http://woelfelspressbox.com/2019/05/...s-free-agency/

Interesting article about Brogdon. In my opinion he should be our top target for several reasons:
    1. He's 26 years old, the youngest of the good options.
    2. He is a legit threat from 3, and an elite catch and shoot three point shooter. They will not leave him open.
    3. The Bucks can't afford everyone and may not be able to match his salary. They just paid Eric Bledsoe big money.
    4. If he gets 14-16 per year we can possibly keep Favors or sign a stretch 4.
    5. He is a legit #2 scorer. He was highly efficient with his opportunities and deserves more attempts. He has a great drive to the basket and can create his own shot.
    6. Combo guard that can play with or without the ball. Closer to George Hill type that worked so well.
    7. His contract won't kill our ability to sign depth. Conley 34m, Holiday 26m, Kemba 30m+ are the other salaries we could be looking at.

the key thing if we sign someone like Brogon is that #4 on your list has to be true. we can't just sign him and lose favors and expect to be any better. the real question is, is how much better would be with kemba and no favors.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    the key thing if we sign someone like Brogon is that #4 on your list has to be true. we can't just sign him and lose favors and expect to be any better. the real question is, is how much better would be with kemba and no favors.
    I'd rather have Kemba and start Crowder. But if you sign a less expensive player like Brogdon we can afford Favors. I bring this up because it appears that Dennis loves Favors, believes in him, and will likely bring him back.

After watching a few Nuggets games I think bringing Millsap back is a real possibility. Denver has a 30 million dollar team option on him this summer. Very unlikely they pay that. Millsap is the kind of player that would consider us as an option. There is not a ton of those guys around. Besides, maybe the kind of players we are attractive to are not the young single guys looking for some booty, but rather the older married guys with kids. The Utah perception is that it is a great place to raise children. Maybe we should try to use that to our advantage and sign some veterans.

I can't help it but to be a little happy about how the Bucks/Celtics series ended. Gordon Hayward was wrong. He thought it would be better on the Celtics and it is not. I don't care what he says, it's not. That team is a mess. His role can't be what he wanted. That team is closer to imploding than reaching the finals. His body language says he is not happy. Jazz fans are tying not to be too happy about it, but Hayward screwed us. We get to enjoy this just a little.

man I have never seen a team go from the envy of 28 other teams to the state that the celtics are currently at. Al Horford could leave, who knows if Kyrie leaves, Terry Rozier wants to leave, Jaylen Brown didn't improve at all this year, Jayson Tatum got worse this year and went from looking like the next durant to the next wiggins, Hayward has to be in the conversation for one of the 5 worst contracts in the NBA.

Don't get me wrong that team still has some pieces and even as a bitter jazz fan you kinda hope Hayward isn't this bad for the rest of his career. what sucks is that its still very unlikely we get someone as good as hayward was when he left.

Nah, I won't shed a tear for Hayward. He wanted out, and the worse he and his team is the better.

I agree about how crazy it is for them to fall so fast.
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

"of course tom 'jan' brady would whine about a rule change."
    -chipurmunki

I personally feel a stretch 4 should be the number one priority over PG. Reasons being:
    - Donovan can play PG, even full time or part time
    - Exum is a top 5 pick that can play the position
    - Neto (when healthy) is a pretty good PG
    - Ingles can run the offense, reducing the need for traditional PG

This is not to say we wouldn't benefit from a PG upgrade, but I think we would benefit MORE from a stretch 4

Crowder is NOT a good fit for this team. He is undisciplined. Undersized for stretch 4. Not a great shooter. But all his deficiencies are hidden because we are so much better with him on the floor. But not because of HIM, but because it is more of a stretch floor. Replace him with someone who is actually good and fits our system better, and I think we make a huge jump.

What would be your top 5 free agent targets for PF?
    What would be your top 5 trade targets for PF?

Crowder is great for his contract. I don't think he's meant to be a starter, and his contract doesn't reflect that he's a starter. He's only 8 million a year, so what he offers with that cost is really a bargain. Is he perfect? Not at all, but he's a very good player with us. And when he's part of our best lineup last season.

I would like Harris obviously for my first pick.
    Probably Galinari as my second pick. It's highly rumored that the Clippers are willing to give him away with a second round pick to clear cap space.
    After that I honestly prefer favors, but if we're looking to change things up my next pick is
    Mirotic. He'll be pretty cheap, and we were trying to get him a couple years ago.
    Paul Millsap, it would be cool to have him come back
    Marcus Morris is a stud, would love to have him here.
    and my last pick would be Julius Randle. Although I think Favors is substantially better and wouldn't actually want Randle, but if we dropped favs he's a possibility.

Galinari would be a really interesting option. This past year was the first year he was healthy in awhile... and he was good. I think he can play without the ball in his hand and with the ball in his hands. He is efficient. I am down with that.

Marcus Morris would also be a really nice fit. He may enjoy playing with the Jazz... we are the Celtrics but without the drama...

Millsap would be an interesting one. I would love to have him back.

I agree with you on Favors, I think he is better than some of the options out there... my only issue with him compared to some of the options is price, he salary is higher than I think comprable player would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefistus View Post
    Crowder is great for his contract. I don't think he's meant to be a starter, and his contract doesn't reflect that he's a starter. He's only 8 million a year, so what he offers with that cost is really a bargain. Is he perfect? Not at all, but he's a very good player with us. And when he's part of our best lineup last season.

I would like Harris obviously for my first pick.
    Probably Galinari as my second pick. It's highly rumored that the Clippers are willing to give him away with a second round pick to clear cap space.
    After that I honestly prefer favors, but if we're looking to change things up my next pick is
    Mirotic. He'll be pretty cheap, and we were trying to get him a couple years ago.
    Paul Millsap, it would be cool to have him come back
    Marcus Morris is a stud, would love to have him here.
    and my last pick would be Julius Randle. Although I think Favors is substantially better and wouldn't actually want Randle, but if we dropped favs he's a possibility.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast