Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

With the 196th pick the NY Jets draft Blessuan Austin

BLESSUAN AUSTIN-Rutgers CB

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Low risk solid reward pick. If the kid can stay healthy he should contribute. Biggest ref flags for him was durability.
    I like picks like this in the later rounds.

**** off. Where's my title

At least it wasnít a first round injury prone CB cough cough Dee Miliner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

He has 2nd round talent, just canít stay on the field.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    He has 2nd round talent, just canít stay on the field.
    Glad they took the chance in the late rounds not the first

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

Dexter Mcdougal... eh I am fine for how late he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmagic387 View Post
    Dexter Mcdougal... eh I am fine for how late he was.
    Yep. They are a dime a dozen until you hit on one and then he's the steal of the draft.
    He's a low risk, high reward guy.

My issue with this pick is that mac always takes a mid-to-late round flyer on a guy with "upside" who has a significant injury history and they never pan out... would love to have seen him address a major area of need (CB) earlier on with a more "sure thing" prospect than someone who will not see the field in year one and may never play a meaningful snap for this team.

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    My issue with this pick is that mac always takes a mid-to-late round flyer on a guy with "upside" who has a significant injury history and they never pan out... would love to have seen him address a major area of need (CB) earlier on with a more "sure thing" prospect than someone who will not see the field in year one and may never play a meaningful snap for this team.
    Understood but earlier on would mean the first 3 picks.
    So you aren't taking a CB at 3. Williams was the pick and it was the right one.
    In the third, are you taking a CB over Edge? Or a CB over OL? That's why not having that second rounder hurt. I think it was a solid draft.
    I'm still hoping some of the guys drafted later in the last 3 drafts work their way into the lineup at CB.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Understood but earlier on would mean the first 3 picks.
    So you aren't taking a CB at 3. Williams was the pick and it was the right one.
    In the third, are you taking a CB over Edge? Or a CB over OL? That's why not having that second rounder hurt. I think it was a solid draft.
    I'm still hoping some of the guys drafted later in the last 3 drafts work their way into the lineup at CB.
    I would've taken a CB with the 2nd pick in the 3rd round, then snagged a C with the next pick, or vice versa. We need to start developing OTs to take over for beachum, but we need a C to play right ****ing now, along with a CB2 (unless you're fine with harrison and roberts starting, which no one should be fine with if you want to win this season).

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    Not take Julian Love or Amani might haunt this team. Players in the draft really fell well for us, we just didn't capitalize at all. I mean look at the trades Mac made, its like he doesn't have a clue. We trade up 1 spot? Explain the purpose of the other trades?

Julian Love is more of a nickel back and the Jets have two of them in Poole and Nickerson.

Because Edoga was rumored to be had in that round by the Pats.

That's awesome

I hope he can stay on the field. He could be a steal

Clay I canít see the tweets

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast