Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

RD 3 Pick 78 Michael Deiter G Wisconsin

Og

CameronWolfe

Dolphins GM Chris Grier said they loved Michael Dieter because he started 54 games at C, G and T. He likes his consistency and toughness. Doesn't commit to a position for him. Hope is he becomes a starter somewhere.

ckparrot

The most significant thing about the Michael Deiter pick is it suggests that the Dolphins are indeed going to have Chris Reed at right guard and move Jesse Davis to right tackle. They don't pick again until the 5th round. Then a 6th, 7th, and 7th. Those are depth/ST spots.

I am just glad we put some focus on a very bad offensive line.

Absolutely love it. I know it's a cliche but it's hard to miss on a Wisconsin OG. Dudes just a mauler. I think you put him at LG and just make that left side as strong as you can.

I would have preferred a C but the board didnt quite shift that way. Ride with Kilgore another year and try to get your C next year.

Might need to trade up and get a pass rusher in the 4th. Theres still some guys available but theyll go fast. Get me Charles Omenihu and I'm good for this draft.

High iq lane opening olineman, such a new England staple.

Last season he allowed only one sack and no other quarterback hits on 349 passing snaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Last season he allowed only one sack and no other quarterback hits on 349 passing snaps.
    This is like talking dirty to Dolphins fans

I hope he's good enough to start this season... Would make things so so much easier...

Been a while since they took an interior lineman this high (Pouncey in 11')...

How do you guys feel about the right side of the line...???
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    I hope he's good enough to start this season... Would make things so so much easier...

Been a while since they took an interior lineman this high (Pouncey in 11')...

How do you guys feel about the right side of the line...???
    We literally had 3 straight years of drafting OGs in the 3rd with Dallas Thomas, Billy Turner and Jamil Douglas.

But he should be a day one starter. Hes comes from one of the best coached units in college. I like Davis as a RT but that C RG combo is rough.

Finally. Finally a guard and finally Davis moves outside where he belongs. FINALLY!

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    We literally had 3 straight years of drafting OGs in the 3rd with Dallas Thomas, Billy Turner and Jamil Douglas.

But he should be a day one starter. Hes comes from one of the best coached units in college. I like Davis as a RT but that C RG combo is rough.
    Turner and Thomas may have turned into OG's, but came out of the draft as OT's... Douglas came out as a G, but in the 4th rd...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!