Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Do you like this pick?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Unsure

0 0%
    Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!

Patriots select Vanderbilt DB Joejuan Williams #45 overall

Thoughts? How do you feel about the pick and what role will he play on defense?
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017) (2/3/2019)

HOLY ****

[Click here to register at ProSportsDaily]

Dude is nearly 6'4 which immediately gives me Browner vibes. Making him a matchup pieces makes sense. Put him on giant WR, big slots and TE. Him playing something between a Chung and Browner role?

FS: DMac, Harmon
    SS: Chung, Obi

CB: Gilmore, JMac, JCJackson, JJones, Dawson, Crossen

Rookie: Williams

That's 4 safety and 6 corners before Williams. With 11 guys, we need to trim the fat. Crossen and Obi make the most sense. I remember last year there was some talk of Dawson playing safety. After this upcoming season the McCourty bros could both be gone and Chung is nearing the end too probably.

I still don't really no what the future holds for Dawson so I'll just keep him at corner. We could have this roster next offseason:

FS: Harmon, [rookie]
    SS: Chung, Williams

CB: Gilmore, JCJackson, JJones, Dawson, [rookie]

I could see us picking a safety high next year and a late round/UDFA developmental prospect at corner.
    Last edited by Aust; 04-26-2019 at 09:06 PM.

HOLY ****

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
    The #Patriots in the second round take #Vandy CB Joejuan Williams — it was down to him and N’Keal Harry at No. 32. They trade up and get both. High character guy… who told me Wednesday night his top choice was going to the #Patriots.
    They really really liked him. There were some rumblings that he could be selected in the 1st.

HOLY ****

BB picked a tall CB at pick #33 about 5-6 years ago. He flashed a couple of games and then busted. I hope this is't one of those.

He doesn't fit any position. He appears to be too slow to be a FS (although his 40 times in '18 were better than for the draft). I don't think he can cover water bug slots. It seems he's going to start as a match up CB vs TE and tall WR. SS would seem to be the long term place in non nickel. I think they've gotten a lot out of Chung these past few years, this year is probably the end for him.

Williams could be a force as a blitzer out of SS or CB.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...