Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    Agreed. Or give them a 3rd and a 6th. They have no leverage here at all... Second is too much given the situation Arizona is in.

I do think Rosen is better than given credit, he was one of my favorite QBs in the draft last year and was on a truly bad team. This also doesn't take us out of the running for a top qb next year.
    I agree on all of that. I was losing my **** here last year for not moving up for Rosen, so you could say I should be happy about getting him for a second. But Arizona screwed themselves by mishandling the trade situation and we bailed them out a little I think. So I'm happy we got him but it really feels like we could have had him for less. Getting a 5th helps though.
    EDIT: I'm starting to see what's happening here. Why should we be excited about the Cardinals paying the big money off for Rosen and helping our cap this year? We probably shouldn't as we probably aren't going to be up tight this year anyway (I haven't looked at our cap in a long time). But if we want to add some FA talent next year, or pick another QB like Tua, there has to be money available. The Dolphins may finally be looking at how much money they use, not just on defense vs offense, but position by position. If that is true, my contentment with Grier up to now may develop into a man crush.
    EDIT to my EDIT: Aaaand I now see there was reporting mistake, which I am living about 12 hours delayed. We did give up the 5th and not get the 5th. Still happy we got him, but I think we could have screwed the Cards a little more. Send a 3rd and a late pick or at least a 2nd all by itself. Still good to get this QB though IMO.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 04-27-2019 at 10:03 AM.

I don't care if it was #48 or #62... 2nd round picks are a 50/50 hit... Who would have the Phin's missed out on at #48...???

Rosen was way to cheap salary wise to not take a flyer on him... If he sucks, looks like a possible top 5 pick... If he plays good enough to earn the starting spot going forward, using the 20' 1st on a QB isn't a necessity... Opens up a lot of possibilities in the 20' draft...

One 1st in 20' and at least two picks in each round after could be crazy... 97' Dolphins had 14 picks... Next years draft is gonna be fun to watch...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

^^^^In terms of guys we missed on, I would have loved McCoy or Banogu at 48. But after that the only guys I would have liked are Zach Allen or Dre'Mont Jones. I'm not a fan of taking QBs on day 2, mainly because now we have a massive hole at pass rusher and with no 4th it makes it that much harder. But if you're going to take a day 2 QB I'd rather Rosen over Lock or Grier anyday.

Rosen has to absolutely tear it up for me not to want a QB next year. Even if hes kinda ok you still make a pick. Theres just too much riding on that decision and I'd rather throw away a 2nd round pick then miss out on the franchise QB. The worst case scenario is that Rosen isnt good enough and we still have to trade up to get our guy, because then that wasted 2nd really comes back to hurt us. But if you finish top 10 and can just sit there then I have no problem wasting the 2nd considering we have 2 drafts worth of picks next year and all that cap space.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    ^^^^In terms of guys we missed on, I would have loved McCoy or Banogu at 48. But after that the only guys I would have liked are Zach Allen or Dre'Mont Jones. I'm not a fan of taking QBs on day 2, mainly because now we have a massive hole at pass rusher and with no 4th it makes it that much harder. But if you're going to take a day 2 QB I'd rather Rosen over Lock or Grier anyday.

Rosen has to absolutely tear it up for me not to want a QB next year. Even if hes kinda ok you still make a pick. Theres just too much riding on that decision and I'd rather throw away a 2nd round pick then miss out on the franchise QB. The worst case scenario is that Rosen isnt good enough and we still have to trade up to get our guy, because then that wasted 2nd really comes back to hurt us. But if you finish top 10 and can just sit there then I have no problem wasting the 2nd considering we have 2 drafts worth of picks next year and all that cap space.
    The interest was there well before the draft... Rosen was the Phins guy, it obviously came down to the price... I think outside of #13, everything else revolved around Rosen... With all the Rosen talk, it pretty much closed the door on any draft interest for day 2... This also had to have been an everybody on board decision... The Pats liked Rosen in 18' and Flores was there to see it firsthand...

IMO, the 20' draft was the focal piece with all those picks...

I do agree about drafting a QB next draft, we may disagree on when though... Having two 2nd's opens up that possibility unless the 1st is top 5...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

For what it's worth, this is what Larry Fitzgerald had to say about Josh Rosen.

Fitz said Rosen is "unique" in his mentality.

"Hes extremely confident and not in a bad way," Fitzgerald said. "Hes able to forget very quickly a bad play, a bad decision. Hes really good at being able to put things behind him. Hes a great teammate. Really insightful. Just great to be around. Hes somebody who is really trying to learn, always. Hes inquisitive about life. And people like that usually find a way to be successful because they put the effort in. Hes got some talented guys around him that are going to help continue to make plays for him.

"I think hes going to be just fine.
    I sure hope so!

Rosen just posted a video on Twitter and Instagram saying goodbye to Arizona. If you're worried about his character please go watch it.

deonebucannon20
    You sound dumb af Josh a great player even better person! ... unfortunate people be talkn weird on this Twitter shii

ArmandoSalguero
    I've talked to multiple people about Josh Rosen today.

The play is not what troubles. The person does.

Seems like Rosens teammates had good things to say about him.

Lmao show me one franchise qb who isn't super confident and arrogant.

Brady, rivers ,ben, Brees, Russ, Peyton, Rogers are along the most arrogant people I've ever seen.

Rosen is also at Larry Fitzgeralds celebrity softball game tonight. Larry was asked if he was surprised Rosen was still there and he said of course not, Josh is an ultimate pro and close friend.

Not exactly what you would see from a selfish teammate that everyone hates.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Seems like Rosens teammates had good things to say about him.
    Bucannon wasn't even his teammate anymore as he signed with the Bucs in FA this off season so it's pretty telling. I'm sure 95% of this bad talk on him is coming from Cards FO to make this move sound better.

Saw someone make a hell of a point. Tannehill was 24 when we drafted him. Rosen just turned 22 in February and has already got a year of NFL under his belt.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Theres plenty of reasons to like the trade. Considering so many people wanted Haskins or Lock or Grier, I'll take Rosen over all of them especially now that hes even more pissed off.

The only thing that would make me hate this scenario is if the Dolphins decide to pass on a QB next year.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    The 2nd rounder was basically a 3rd. Getting that 2nd next year makes it easier to swallow it.

I hope I'm wrong but I just dont think Rosen is the type of QB to carry a team. At best hes Goff.
    Good point, I didn't notice that 62. That comp pick makes a difference. Couple that with the salary pay down, which should help after this year, and I'm pretty happy about the deal now. I was always happy about the player. Rosen was the guy I wanted here last year and we end up getting him for much less than it would have cost to trade up last year. Pretty awesome when you look at it in the full context.
    I really believe he can be a very good QB.

This trade was a STEAL for MIA!!!

If Rosen would have been in this draft, he would have easily been battling Murray for top pick (depending on what system was being run by the team drafting). Rosen is so much better of a pure passer than Haskins, Jones, Lock, etc. And to get him for a very late 2nd rounder? Pure magic!

Rosen is a cerebral QB that can run the type of system O'Shea and Flores want to run, at a super low cap hit. I wouldn't be shocked if Rosen beats out Fitz to start week 1. And Rosen has quite a good arm.

Funny that the AFCE now has three top 10 QB picks from 2018. Rosen is going to be playing with a nasty chip on his shoulder and I personally think he is going to come out and prove everybody wrong.

Like I said, steal of the draft for MIA.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast