Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dolphins trade #62 + 2020 5th for QB Josh Rosen

ProFootballTalk
    Multiple sources say the Dolphins are close to a deal for QB Josh Rosen, and that a deal may actually be tentatively done. Arizona would get pick No. 48 from Miami.

Not really happy giving up a 2nd rounder for him, feel could of held out and got him for a 3rd or later even.
    Last edited by Wrench; 04-26-2019 at 09:37 PM.

MikeGarafolo
    Keep an eye for a possible late-round kickback from Arizona to Miami to finalize this thing. Source says the #Dolphins feel 48 for Rosen is too tilted in Arizonaís favor.
    Rather just send a 3rd than get a 6th back or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    ProFootballTalk

Not really happy giving up a 2nd rounder for him, feel could of held out and got him for a 3rd or later even.
    I really hope it's a 3rd and not a second but that said I'd still rather Rosen for a second over someone like Haskins in the first.

Still don't like bidding against ourselves. 3rd and hold firm.

The best thing about it would be his deal with us he cap hits would only be 1M, 2M and 2.8M the next three seasons.

MikeGarafolo

Rather just send a 3rd than get a 6th back or whatever.
    Agreed. Or give them a 3rd and a 6th. They have no leverage here at all... Second is too much given the situation Arizona is in.

I do think Rosen is better than given credit, he was one of my favorite QBs in the draft last year and was on a truly bad team. This also doesn't take us out of the running for a top qb next year.

Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    Agreed. Or give them a 3rd and a 6th. They have no leverage here at all... Second is too much given the situation Arizona is in.

I do think Rosen is better than given credit, he was one of my favorite QBs in the draft last year and was on a truly bad team. This also doesn't take us out of the running for a top qb next year.
    I agree on all of that. I was losing my **** here last year for not moving up for Rosen, so you could say I should be happy about getting him for a second. But Arizona screwed themselves by mishandling the trade situation and we bailed them out a little I think. So I'm happy we got him but it really feels like we could have had him for less. Getting a 5th helps though.
    EDIT: I'm starting to see what's happening here. Why should we be excited about the Cardinals paying the big money off for Rosen and helping our cap this year? We probably shouldn't as we probably aren't going to be up tight this year anyway (I haven't looked at our cap in a long time). But if we want to add some FA talent next year, or pick another QB like Tua, there has to be money available. The Dolphins may finally be looking at how much money they use, not just on defense vs offense, but position by position. If that is true, my contentment with Grier up to now may develop into a man crush.
    EDIT to my EDIT: Aaaand I now see there was reporting mistake, which I am living about 12 hours delayed. We did give up the 5th and not get the 5th. Still happy we got him, but I think we could have screwed the Cards a little more. Send a 3rd and a late pick or at least a 2nd all by itself. Still good to get this QB though IMO.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 04-27-2019 at 10:03 AM.

I don't care if it was #48 or #62... 2nd round picks are a 50/50 hit... Who would have the Phin's missed out on at #48...???

Rosen was way to cheap salary wise to not take a flyer on him... If he sucks, looks like a possible top 5 pick... If he plays good enough to earn the starting spot going forward, using the 20' 1st on a QB isn't a necessity... Opens up a lot of possibilities in the 20' draft...

One 1st in 20' and at least two picks in each round after could be crazy... 97' Dolphins had 14 picks... Next years draft is gonna be fun to watch...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Seems Phins would much rather do a 3rd, some reports saying they still have alot of work to do.

Seems Phins would much rather do a 3rd, some reports saying they still have alot of work to do.
    They probably do. A second is probably too much, now that the Cards picked their QB, and the Giants and Washington drafted their QB's as well. Who would we even be competing with at this point? So they may be discussing what (or who) to send along with the 3rd, but all of the leverage is on Miami's side at this point.

I'd give them a second if they kick back a 4th rounder. Otherwise give them a 3rd and stand pat. They have lots of leverage here with no one else in the running but I DO hope we get Rosen. He may or may not be a franchise qb but there's no way in hell anyone knows, based on what he did last year on that terrible zona team.

Barry Jackson

Per source in direct contact with one of the two teams, Dolphins and Arizona have had multiple Rosen conversations in past couple hours. Both sides would like to get it done; we'll see if they can ultimately agree on compensation.

ArmandoSalguero

Iím told you source it is safe to believe Dolphins would NOT give up their second round pick (48 overall) for Josh Rosen.

AdamHBeasley
    Source tells me that for the Dolphins to consider parting with their second-round pick for Rosen, they would likely need a fourth back from the Cardinals.

Just to be clear, to think that we're bidding against ourselves is not true. If we start offering only a 3rd or as some of you have ridiculously suggested a late round pick meaning 4th or 5th, you're all dead a s s wrong if you don't think the Chargers or Patriots or Raiders or Bengals or who knows who else would join the party. And once these GMs or teams get involved, you know it would just complicate things and probably escalate the price. I personally was only OK with getting Rosen if we had traded back. I'm not a huge fan of the guy. I'm speaking strictly in terms of value and negotiations, and some of you are not being reasonable or realistic in your demands and are in a bubble.
    BRUH

JosinaAnderson
    My understanding is that the #Cardinals & #Dolphins have been "in communication periodically" on potentially trading QB Josh Rosen. I'm told ARZ asked for a 1st round pick, dolphins declined, thinking more 3rd or 4th. Talks will resume, per source. Right now, somewhat far apart.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast