Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Yea because depth never did anyone good in the NFL...

Who would have been your pick if you didn't get a good offer to move back?
    I would have picked Allen IF the Jets were going to stay in the 3-4, but they made it clear that Gregg Williams will convert them to a 4-3.

Now you could have McClendon and Quinnen at DT, with Leo and Anderson at DE.
    Now Darron Lee has played some 4-3 OLB at The Ohio State, so there is a role for him. He and Jenkins can compete on one side.
    Mosley would have to be the other OLB with Williamson in the middle.

On passing downs you could slide Leo inside with Quinnen with Jenkins and Anderson as Ends.
    Here's the thing, Mosley and Williamson arre run plugging, tackling machines, however neither is known as a coverage guy.

It's easy to say sit them on passing downs until you realize just how much money you paid for a 2-down player. So they will be on the field somewhere somehow.

Meanwhile, you said would draft for depth at #3?
    At #3, he's starting.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Q will make Leo better. His up the middle pressure will help the OLB. His up the middle pressure will help the pass rush. The team got better with this pick.

**** off. Where's my title

Quote Originally Posted by Dmagic387 View Post
    Still not happy with Mac, securing an edge was key in free agency as well as an OL upgrade at tackle and center. Also we needed to trade down in this draft
    We didn't NEED TO trade down if there wasn't an offer of fair compensation. Not to mention how awful we've been at drafting passed our early first round picks. There's nothing recently to suggest that if we traded down and acquired 1 or 2 second round picks that those picks would amount to anything... All we could have ended up doing was drafting a lesser rated talent in round 1.

We didn't like the offers so took BPA. Smart move.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    We didn't NEED TO trade down if there wasn't an offer of fair compensation. Not to mention how awful we've been at drafting passed our early first round picks. There's nothing recently to suggest that if we traded down and acquired 1 or 2 second round picks that those picks would amount to anything... All we could have ended up doing was drafting a lesser rated talent in round 1.

We didn't like the offers so took BPA. Smart move.
    I am fine with the pick but this reminds me of what a failure FA was for me at least in my opinion. We needed to secure an edge and a franchise T and/or C

Drafting Williams was the right move based on how the draft played out and a seeming lack of good trade down options.

The lack of options at EDGE for the Jets is an indictment of Mac's previous drafting and FA, but shouldn't be a knock against drafting Williams. Why compound previous mistakes by making another and passing on better talent?

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    I would have picked Allen IF the Jets were going to stay in the 3-4, but they made it clear that Gregg Williams will convert them to a 4-3.

Now you could have McClendon and Quinnen at DT, with Leo and Anderson at DE.
    Now Darron Lee has played some 4-3 OLB at The Ohio State, so there is a role for him. He and Jenkins can compete on one side.
    Mosley would have to be the other OLB with Williamson in the middle.

On passing downs you could slide Leo inside with Quinnen with Jenkins and Anderson as Ends.
    Here's the thing, Mosley and Williamson arre run plugging, tackling machines, however neither is known as a coverage guy.

It's easy to say sit them on passing downs until you realize just how much money you paid for a 2-down player. So they will be on the field somewhere somehow.

Meanwhile, you said would draft for depth at #3?
    At #3, he's starting.
    I did not say, or mean, that QWill would be the depth piece as the 3 pick.... But you do not pass on a talent like QWill because you have Anderson... Lol that'd be a joke and a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    So we now have 3 starting DTs and 1 true DE and run a 3-4 base.

This leads me to what I have been telling guys all along. The Jets took the best player and I don't see it being a problem roster wise. They can play these guys together and be dominant up the middle. Now what they should to is call Ziggy Ansah and work out a deal...even if it is a 1 year/$8-$9 mil deal and we solve our problem. Bart Scott was mentioning this after the draft as well. Pick up the phone Mike....make the call!!!!

They could also get an edge later in the draft.
    Chase Winovich or Jachai Polite would be available in the 2nd if they are willing to trade into it.

Don't think we should trade both 3rds to move up to the 2nd. Too many holes to fill. In the 3rd I'd like us to take CB and OL

You don't have to trade both 3rds. You could trade the 4th and next year's 2nd or 3rd depending where in the 2nd.

Copy that

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    They could also get an edge later in the draft.
    Chase Winovich or Jachai Polite would be available in the 2nd if they are willing to trade into it.
    They need a passrushing 4-3 OLB and their front 7 is set.

But if they are going to try and make the 3-4 work with this, theln they definitely must draft edge.

Also, it is easier to find a quality 4-3 OLB than a 3-4 Edge.
    Last edited by MrX27; 04-26-2019 at 12:35 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast