Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 135
  1. #61
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    42,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    That scene amounted to 30 seconds of a 3 hour movie, if you have a problem with it, then look in the mirror and ask yourself why?

    I donít know why some white dudes have a problem or even bring diversity as a reason why they might not watch something in particular? I mean really? I am a Latino male and have no ****ing super heroes that I can relate to as far as ethnicity goes, when I go watch these movies I do t give a **** if they are men, women, gay, black, white or green.

    I mean really that that scene and the possibility that in future films black men and women will have bigger roles replacing the white dudes? Has you so thinking twice about following it closely? Really?

    I mean give me a ****ing break.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you actually read what dude said, you'd see that he has no problems with minorities and women being in movies like this. His issue is when the filmmakers go about it in a pandering and/or cloying sort of way.

    Reminds me a little of all the uproar about The Last Jedi, where so many fans of the movie assumed if you didn't love it, it must be because you're sexist and racist.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    11,414
    Quote Originally Posted by unleashthebeast View Post
    God forbid a multi billion dollar cinematic universe introduce a couple of black and female characters to their white male superhero team. Imagine if they had a gay character too, what a travesty
    Lol I know wtf are these guys talking about? Forcing it? Because we have like one main female hero now?

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SWFL
    Posts
    29,702
    I loved that part being its very much something you would of seen in a regular comic book. Hell there is even an all female group called A-Force.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    99,031
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    If you actually read what dude said, you'd see that he has no problems with minorities and women being in movies like this. His issue is when the filmmakers go about it in a pandering and/or cloying sort of way.

    Reminds me a little of all the uproar about The Last Jedi, where so many fans of the movie assumed if you didn't love it, it must be because you're sexist and racist.
    Nah I read what he said and he kind talk out of both sides of his mouth. In one sentence he was like he did not mind and in the next he was like am tired of it in real life, so I donít want to deal with that **** in comic book movies.

    Btw he loves the movie and I donít think he is racist at all, so thatís your just your typical bull **** added here.

    I think is ****ing ridiculous to say that you donít mind such things and then say what he said.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    99,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    I loved that part being its very much something you would of seen in a regular comic book. Hell there is even an all female group called A-Force.
    I mean it is, was it corny as ****? Yeah am not going to say it was not, but really to get all up in arms about that scene? Lmao


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #66
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    42,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Nah I read what he said and he kind talk out of both sides of his mouth. In one sentence he was like he did not mind and in the next he was like am tired of it in real life, so I donít want to deal with that **** in comic book movies.
    No he didn't. Your reading comprehension is horrible and/or you didn't actually read what he posted as I initially suggested.

    Btw he loves the movie and I donít think he is racist at all, so thatís your just your typical bull **** added here.

    I think is ****ing ridiculous to say that you donít mind such things and then say what he said.
    Again: work on the reading comprehension. I said this conversation reminds me a little bit of The Last Jedi uproar. I didn't claim that you thought he was racist. The most ridiculous BS here is you putting words in people's mouths.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    99,031
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    No he didn't. Your reading comprehension is horrible and/or you didn't actually read what he posted as I initially suggested.



    Again: work on the reading comprehension. I said this conversation reminds me a little bit of The Last Jedi uproar. I didn't claim that you thought he was racist. The most ridiculous BS here is you putting words in people's mouths.
    Nah you always full of ****, so yeah thatís no surprise here.

    And maybe you should reread what he said because he did talk out both sides of his mouth.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #68
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    42,327
    Ahh....I see your blood still boils too hot for you to think straight when reading and replying to my posts. Best of luck with that.

    If I'm full of ****, you're so full of **** it's dripping out of your ears, eyes, mouth, and nose. You might have some odd definition of "speaking out of both side of one's mouth" that I'm not aware of, but dude said absolutely nothing about being sick of diversity in real life. Let's work on upping that reading comprehension and tapering down the poorly thought out, emotional replies.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    99,031
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Ahh....I see your blood still boils too hot for you to think straight when reading and replying to my posts. Best of luck with that.

    If I'm full of ****, you're so full of **** it's dripping out of your ears, eyes, mouth, and nose. You might have some odd definition of "speaking out of both side of one's mouth" that I'm not aware of, but dude said absolutely nothing about being sick of diversity in real life. Let's work on upping that reading comprehension and tapering down the poorly thought out, emotional replies.
    Easy there buddy donít get all up in arms!
    Lmao


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #70
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    42,327
    Perhaps you should try thinking before posting to avoid getting your foot caught in your mouth.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    99,031
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Perhaps you should try thinking before posting to avoid getting your foot caught in your mouth.
    Nah, like I said youíre full of **** so no, thatís no it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #72
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    42,327
    Ooh....the "you're full of ****" response again; very creative! I like how when it's obvious you are wrong about something, you resort to insults and trolling (instead of admitting your mistake and moving on). Unfortunately for you, it's very easy for anyone reading this thread to see which one of us is full of ****.

    Looking forward to you continuing to derail this thread with petty nonsense, Mr. Hothead.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    99,031
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Ooh....the "you're full of ****" response again; very creative! I like how when it's obvious you are wrong about something, you resort to insults and trolling (instead of admitting your mistake and moving on). Unfortunately for you, it's very easy for anyone reading this thread to see which one of us is full of ****.

    Looking forward to you continuing to derail this thread with petty nonsense, Mr. Hothead.
    The troll says what?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    eau claire, wi
    Posts
    4,338
    EDIT: deleted because I covered the same **** in second reply
    Last edited by jojo30; 05-02-2019 at 09:02 AM.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    eau claire, wi
    Posts
    4,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Nah you always full of ****, so yeah thatís no surprise here.

    And maybe you should reread what he said because he did talk out both sides of his mouth.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    How was I talking out of both sides of my mouth?

    Let me clear this up, ill try and bullet point it to keep it easy to navigate

    - I have no problems with any form of diversity, whether it be real life or fictional characters. Nothing I said in my post should indicate anything else.

    - I feel like comic books (although they could use MORE diverse characters), have largely done a good job portraying their non-white and non male characters in ways that put them on equal or higher playing fields as the white men, and that the fan base as a whole has accepted that without hesitation.

    -The scene in Endgame felt forced, because it was. Not saying I don't understand why they did it, or that I am done watching the movies because of it. Or that I even have a problem with it...

    -If still confused, re-read line above.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •