Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Cap took Mjolnir back with the other stones.

I don't think it's that far fetched haha as I don't know anything about my coworkers other half. Plus always a chance it wasn't Peggy he married, he didn't want to tell Sam who he married and kept it to himself. I know Peggy and him where dancing at the end but could of been just a dance (Even though I doubt that)
    Yup, noticed the second time around that he does take the hammer back with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i love how when Black Panther and all the women forming together got a huge reaction in IW but not one person clapped when they showed up in Endgame lol these films are so political now when theyíre just supposed to be fun!

yea i am not gonna keep following as much as I did... I said this before with other movies... the 2nd the womans movement/black lives matter etc become the focal point for movies going forward I am staying clear... And marvel came out and said that is their goal and its smart because it is a money maker... I personally feel like its wrong and i am the one that wishes they had gone with miles as spiderman because he is my fav spiderman so its not about race or sexism... i just dont want this crap forced down my throat in movies when I have to deal with it in every day life.

On top of this the choices they are making as their focal points are just bad... captain marvel will be terrible because of the lack of personality... that movie wasnt at all great... here is praying DC now gets it right so i have another non boring superhero option.

I donít really care for the movement showings either but at most 3 minutes out of 3 hours is going to make you stop watching these?

It was obvious but itís not like the entire movie. BP and CM I agree weíre more focused on them but those were still ok movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I donít really care for the movement showings either but at most 3 minutes out of 3 hours is going to make you stop watching these?

It was obvious but itís not like the entire movie. BP and CM I agree weíre more focused on them but those were still ok movies.

Its not the 3 minutes... marvel has come out and stated the movement is what is going to drive them going forward.. they are going to be more worried about diversity then anything else and of course its fits because they have a woman lead and a black lead as the next series starts up... i know spiderman will be at the front as well but captain marvel and black panther and the new black captain america is their go to things.... its def smart on their part but i dont want to be force fed this stuff when i have to hear it every single day on the news.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...rvel-diversity

I am all for pushing woman/diversity etc but not forcing it and they are going to go hardcore at doing just that in the future.

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/04/ma...on-1202128468/

the womans movement in this movie was so forced its actually hilarious.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 05-01-2019 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Its not the 3 minutes... marvel has come out and stated the movement is what is going to drive them going forward.. they are going to be more worried about diversity then anything else and of course its fits because they have a woman lead and a black lead as the next series starts up... i know spiderman will be at the front as well but captain marvel and black panther and the new black captain america is their go to things.... its def smart on their part but i dont want to be force fed this stuff when i have to hear it every single day on the news.

I am all for pushing woman/diversity etc but not forcing it and they are going to go hardcore at doing just that in the future.

Maybe itís just because they entertain me but as long as itís equivalent to the 3 minutes that was in end game, Iím ok with the amount theyíll show/

If every movie is over saturated, Iíd get the point but itís not like they are making characters up just to fit these movements though, are they? Except did Falcon or any other black man become Captain America in the comics?

That women scene was definitely forced and hilarious though. Rolled my eyes at that. If they make this a bigger issue and more prevalent, than that is a problem. I just donít see them doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Donít worry dude, their will be enough white male super heroes for you to root fo in upcoming movies.

God forbid a multi billion dollar cinematic universe introduce a couple of black and female characters to their white male superhero team. Imagine if they had a gay character too, what a travesty

It's OK, Disney and Marvel won't miss you at all.

I have such a hard time wrestling with why I felt so underwhelmed with this movie. I think it mostly has to do with my expectations, which is a me-problem. I think the movie was well-done and did everything it needed to do. I just for whatever reason left the theater a lot more uncertain of how much I liked it as I did when I left Infinity War. I kinda wanted it to be bigger and dumber than it was, which is an insane criticism. Two tangible things though: the fight against Thanos was far less exciting than the fight at the end Infinity War. Secondly, I do think there were too many moving parts and the pacing didn't always feel right at all...especially in the middle act. But I recognize that this movie was unprecedented in scale, so I shouldn't get too carried away.

I don't want to be too nit-picky. I went from not really liking the early movies in the MCU to really, really enjoying what it grew to become. Everyone involved helped pull off something special.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & goodô now

Quote Originally Posted by unleashthebeast View Post
    God forbid a multi billion dollar cinematic universe introduce a couple of black and female characters to their white male superhero team. Imagine if they had a gay character too, what a travesty
    I don't think anyone cares or is upset that there were any black or female characters involved. I think Superhero movies/comic books have largely done a good job of incorporating diverse, strong characters and putting them on a level playing field with your run of the mill white male hero. Could there be more of them? Sure, but it seems to be trending that way naturally. The fact that people have been referring to characters like Scarlett Witch or Captain Marvel as some of the most powerful characters in the Universe, and doing so naturally, without caring about what their gender is, in my mind is proof that this area (comic book characters) are ahead of the times when it comes to the progressive movement. The problem with the one scene in the movie is that it felt so forced, and it was so transparent what they were doing that it just felt off. I didn't really care as much as some, but to say that scene felt natural at all is a stretch and detrimental to the organic growth that comic book/movies have done so well to this point.

Just my two cents. I get both sides of it. all in all, like mentioned before, it was a 10 second part of a 3 hour movie. by no means did make or break it as a whole

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I have such a hard time wrestling with why I felt so underwhelmed with this movie. I think it mostly has to do with my expectations, which is a me-problem. I think the movie was well-done and did everything it needed to do. I just for whatever reason left the theater a lot more uncertain of how much I liked it as I did when I left Infinity War. I kinda wanted it to be bigger and dumber than it was, which is an insane criticism. Two tangible things though: the fight against Thanos was far less exciting than the fight at the end Infinity War. Secondly, I do think there were too many moving parts and the pacing didn't always feel right at all...especially in the middle act. But I recognize that this movie was unprecedented in scale, so I shouldn't get too carried away.

I don't want to be too nit-picky. I went from not really liking the early movies in the MCU to really, really enjoying what it grew to become. Everyone involved helped pull off something special.
    I hear where you coming from, when I first saw it I was not as satisfied as I wanted to be.

But I think thatís because infinity wars was that ****ing awesome, itís almost impossible to top it. Itís the most bad *** comic movie ever.

I saw this one a second time I could appreciate what they did more the second time around, as mention before they essentially did three types of movies in one. First third is a drama and how these characters are dealing with this great loss, some really good acting and scenes there, second third it turns a bit goofy and it become a heist film. They really up the humor as marvel has done with much of their movies. The last third is just action and what I expected more off.

I compare these movies to the empire strikes back and return of the Jedi. One was so good that it was impossible to top it and the one after that it gets a bit goofy and ties things up to give us a satisfying ending.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo30 View Post
    I don't think anyone cares or is upset that there were any black or female characters involved. I think Superhero movies/comic books have largely done a good job of incorporating diverse, strong characters and putting them on a level playing field with your run of the mill white male hero. Could there be more of them? Sure, but it seems to be trending that way naturally. The fact that people have been referring to characters like Scarlett Witch or Captain Marvel as some of the most powerful characters in the Universe, and doing so naturally, without caring about what their gender is, in my mind is proof that this area (comic book characters) are ahead of the times when it comes to the progressive movement. The problem with the one scene in the movie is that it felt so forced, and it was so transparent what they were doing that it just felt off. I didn't really care as much as some, but to say that scene felt natural at all is a stretch and detrimental to the organic growth that comic book/movies have done so well to this point.

Just my two cents. I get both sides of it. all in all, like mentioned before, it was a 10 second part of a 3 hour movie. by no means did make or break it as a whole
    That scene amounted to 30 seconds of a 3 hour movie, if you have a problem with it, then look in the mirror and ask yourself why?

I donít know why some white dudes have a problem or even bring diversity as a reason why they might not watch something in particular? I mean really? I am a Latino male and have no ****ing super heroes that I can relate to as far as ethnicity goes, when I go watch these movies I do t give a **** if they are men, women, gay, black, white or green.

I mean really that that scene and the possibility that in future films black men and women will have bigger roles replacing the white dudes? Has you so thinking twice about following it closely? Really?

I mean give me a ****ing break.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    That scene amounted to 30 seconds of a 3 hour movie, if you have a problem with it, then look in the mirror and ask yourself why?

I donít know why some white dudes have a problem or even bring diversity as a reason why they might not watch something in particular? I mean really? I am a Latino male and have no ****ing super heroes that I can relate to as far as ethnicity goes, when I go watch these movies I do t give a **** if they are men, women, gay, black, white or green.

I mean really that that scene and the possibility that in future films black men and women will have bigger roles replacing the white dudes? Has you so thinking twice about following it closely? Really?

I mean give me a ****ing break
    What's ironic is those same people generally didn't care that for most of Hollywood's existence traditionally minority characters were played by white people all the time. They hate the idea of a white comic book character being played by a minority but had literally zero problem with a minority comic book character being played by a white person in Dr. Strange.

If you don't like diversity being shoved down people's throats in movies, consider this the natural byproduct of shoving white actors down people's throats for the past 100 years.

Now if you want to argue that captain Marvel is a weak character because she is boring, so was Cap. Captain Marvel is the female version of Cap imo,they are vanilla as they get personality wise.

The guy that will be tough replacing is RDJ and Iron man because that character was very charismatic and funny and at times a dick.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast