Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Avengers Endgame (Spoilers Thread)

WARNING, DO NOT ENTER IF YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILERS!

With the movie starting tonight, we need a thread for those who have seen the movie, or read the spoilers to talk about what happened.

After this post, be forewarned that any further posts could contain spoilers so continue reading at your own risk!

Use the other endgame thread for non spoiler discussion.

Enjoy the movie everyone!
    Fan of Red Sox , Chicago Bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA, Joshi Puroresu

2018-2019 UVA Men's Basketball National Champions

holy ****ing **** it was sick..... not a fan of what they did with the hulk or fat thor but everything else was amazing... the deaths and goodbyes were ****ing glorious and my all time fav superhero cap finally lifted and used the hammer.... i could not have been happier.

I wish when he lifted the hammer it would have been like thor in his first movie... thor and cap using and switching weapons was also glorious.

Not a fan of smart Hulk, but fat Thor was ****ing hilarious!

I expect one of the deaths and who Cap gives his shield to, though I though he would do it when he was about to die in battle.

Tony killing Thanos is just the right thing to do since he was the one that started the franchise.

I like that they only allowed captain marvel in a few scenes.

Love the fact that they traveled back in time and we got to see some old faces once more.

Btw if anybody is wondering whatís the sound after the credits, itís Tony Stark making his first Iron man suit which started it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fitting that Tony goes out like a hero and should have been the one to take out Tony.

Nice little moment with Strange raising one figure to Tony just before Tony put the gauntlet on.

I hated that Tony dies in the end, he should have been allowed to retire. He has spend the entire series trying to retire since The original Avengers movies, in Iron Man 3 he builds the Iron Man army, in Age of Ultron he builds Ultron, in Civil War he signs to accords, all to retire and he dies in the end. It almost ruined the movie for me

I'm hoping they can bring back Tony in the next Avengers movie, they mentioned Vision being dead but he is going to be in the new Wandavision show on Disney Plus, so if somehow he can come back then there should be a way for Tony to come back as well.

The one death they made sure to explain was permanent was Black Widow and that sucks that she didn't get to go off the grid with Bruce like they teased in Age of Ultron. It's going to really put a damper on the solo Black Widow movie next year knowing her fate since its a origin story.

Thor being in Guardians of the Galaxy is interesting since they are probably going to do a love triangle between Peter, Thor and Gamora. It would be a dick move for Thor to try to pursue Gamora after knowing everything Peter went through.

It looks like Spiderman will be set before Infinity War/Endgame since there was a check from Tony being presented at some fundraiser.

Overall this movie had a lot of cool moments but Tony's fate really put a damper on it for me.
    Fan of Red Sox , Chicago Bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA, Joshi Puroresu

Tony did retire and for 5 years had a family, and throughout the movie it was apparent he would do anything to protect that family. It was made very clear when he was talking to his father. And sorry pretty sure both Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr. have said this was the last hurrah for them in Marvel movies.

Also I loved fat Thor for two reasons, it was funny as **** and two it made him weaker. In IW he might of been able to take Thanos one on one with Stormbreaker. With him being out of shape and having both weapons and Thanos without the gauntlet he couldn't take him on.

Thor is the only one left who looks like might be in another movie. Nat and Tony are for sure gone, Cap and Clint are retired and Hulk got really hurt but I guess he could heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Tony did retire and for 5 years had a family, and throughout the movie it was apparent he would do anything to protect that family. It was made very clear when he was talking to his father. And sorry pretty sure both Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr. have said this was the last hurrah for them in Marvel movies.

Also I loved fat Thor for two reasons, it was funny as **** and two it made him weaker. In IW he might of been able to take Thanos one on one with Stormbreaker. With him being out of shape and having both weapons and Thanos without the gauntlet he couldn't take him on.

Thor is the only one left who looks like might be in another movie. Nat and Tony are for sure gone, Cap and Clint are retired and Hulk got really hurt but I guess he could heal.
    I understand that all the original Avengers are done, but it felt like they killed Tony just because they needed a death, and since everyone had already figured it was gonna be Capt, they went with the swerve instead.

I live the fact that Tony died, he had to die, their had to be a significant death.

What I really liked is that they did not kill cap and he got a chance to have a life.

My prediction that falcon was going to essentially replace cap did come true.

I really love the fact that Scarlet Witch almost beat Thanos, she is that strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I live the fact that Tony died, he had to die, their had to be a significant death.

What I really liked is that they did not kill cap and he got a chance to have a life.

I really love the fact that Scarlet Witch almost beat Thanos, she is that strong.

I enjoyed that too Ive always like Capt more than Iron Man.

That got an "oooooooh ****" from my audience. I have really enjoyed the character since AOU so I look forward to what they do with her especially considering they will have the x-men soon.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox12 View Post
    I enjoyed that too Ive always like Capt more than Iron Man.
    I care about them the same, but Tony Stark has a great life, Cap did not get to be regular till the end.

I care about them the same, but Tony Stark has a great life, Cap did not get to be regular till the end.

Agreed. While he might not of had a family life he had a good life up until he put on the suit. Even had somewhat of a family already with Potts while being Iron Man as well. Cap had known none of that he has been a soldier his entire life from age 18 onward so I'm very happy they let him get a taste of it.

I loved it. The hammer had my theater damn near screaming lol. Tony dying was fitting. I loved how he looked in the beginning of the movie to show how long he was trapped in space.

I was hoping Cap Marvel would have had a better role in the fight but I understand it was about sending off the original cast.

"Avengers, Assemble" hands down a great movie!

It wasn't very good. The ending was solid. But....

I didn't like how convenient everything was.

All of a sudden Captain America can wield Thor's hammer - That was dumb and it was also one of the main reasons I didn't it.

I didn't like what they did with Thor.

Only 2 major deaths. Should've been more.

7/10

You know that in the comics Cap also wielded Thorís hammer. He is also worthy.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast