Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Please provide link to article stating this FO and/or coaching staff does not like Josh Rosen.

His trade value right now is at its lowest ever. The team might as well see what it has in him next year behind a re-built OL and a legit running game. From all indications, Rosen has been progressing rather well in practice. Right now, the team is playing for Fitzy and there is no way the coach removes him. I firmly believe they roll with Rosen in 2020 whether they draft Tua or not. Food for thought . . . both Rosen and Burrow will be 23 next year when the season starts.

Now with that being said, I believe they spend most of their money on OL, which is smart. I would love Okudah, because Howard cannot be trusted for 16 games. Simmons is an amazing athlete, but not in the top 5 of this draft, and he won't be around in the 20s'. Epenesa will be taken higher than he should as well, so we'll miss out on him too.
    Didnt know rosen and burrow were both 23, rosen is still a pup.

And i agree about okudah, id also love Henderson, im not worried about howard, but i do think adding another top level cornerback will be a high priorty in the 1st round for flores.

The offense is by no means set, but once you fix the oline, most the other positions are basically set for next season.

Defense on other hand has all kinds of holes, and flores being the defense coach, id bet a lot of picks go defensive side this year.

I'm not going to argue with you guys if you cant see that the staff isnt biggest Rosen fans. They obviously havent said hes a bum and that they hate him, but what have they shown you that makes you think they have faith in him?

Flo spent 3 weeks saying he would be the QB for the rest of the season only to bench him halfway through his 3rd game. Yes you can think they can build him up,and I'm not saying he might be able to turn it around. But Rosen was terrible last year and was bad this year. We spent 7 years arguing about if a QB should need a good team around him to be successful and we're doing it again. Rosen is what he is and it'd just be easier if you accepted it. And this is coming from the #1 Tannehill fan on this board and someone who loved Rosen coming out.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 12-10-2019 at 09:26 PM.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Btw Jordan Love just announced hes entering the draft. One more confirmed name for the draft.

Really hoped he would go back another year. I love the promise but he needs time.

They liked him enough to trade a 2nd round pick for him, kid has only played a few games here, maybe they arent sold on him, but the idea they are giving up on him and dont like him is just your guess.

More likely is he just isnt ready and this staff is in no rush to force it.

Brian Wolfe on October 14th

" Brian Flores said he feels the Dolphins already have a pretty good evaluation of Josh Rosen based on the amount of time hes been with the team. He says Rosen is the starter Sunday at Buffalo because of continuity, but that conversation will be ongoing throughout the season."

He literally told us that Rosen is what he is.

Agree to disagree on Rosen. I still think he's talented enough to be a very good QB in this league. We can win with Rosen if we re-build the OL and establish a top 10 run game next year . . . and that can easily be done through FA and the draft. If they stick with Rosen and elect to not draft a QB high in 2020, but build the crap out of this roster with talented pieces, then I'm happy. I just want a talented, competitive team that can be controlled for years to come.

The 2021 crop of QBs that may come out will be pretty damn decent too.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Brian Wolfe on October 14th

" Brian Flores said he feels the Dolphins already have a pretty good evaluation of Josh Rosen based on the amount of time hes been with the team. He says Rosen is the starter Sunday at Buffalo because of continuity, but that conversation will be ongoing throughout the season."

He literally told us that Rosen is what he is.
    So what?

"A good evaluation" could mean anything.

Agree to disagree on Rosen. I still think he's talented enough to be a very good QB in this league. We can win with Rosen if we re-build the OL and establish a top 10 run game next year . . . and that can easily be done through FA and the draft. If they stick with Rosen and elect to not draft a QB high in 2020, but build the crap out of this roster with talented pieces, then I'm happy. I just want a talented, competitive team that can be controlled for years to come.

The 2021 crop of QBs that may come out will be pretty damn decent too.
    So you're admitting that Rosen isnt good enough to elevate the talent around him? I agree with you that if Rosen was given a perfect situation he could perform well, but that's true for guys like Trubisky, Wentz, Goff, Carr, Cousins and hell even Blake Bortles played in the AFC championship with an incredible team. But all of those teams have gone through their own ups and downs.

You wont be able to keep a perfect situation going forever. Great defenses eventually go away. Top 10 Olines eventually get hurt or change. It's tough to build a consistent top 10 team in the NFL. The one way that has shown to be consistent is to have a top QB that can lift his team. Rosen isnt that.

So you're admitting that Rosen isnt good enough to elevate the talent around him? I agree with you that if Rosen was given a perfect situation he could perform well, but that's true for guys like Trubisky, Wentz, Goff, Carr, Cousins and hell even Blake Bortles played in the AFC championship with an incredible team. But all of those teams have gone through their own ups and downs.

You wont be able to keep a perfect situation going forever. Great defenses eventually go away. Top 10 Olines eventually get hurt or change. It's tough to build a consistent top 10 team in the NFL. The one way that has shown to be consistent is to have a top QB that can lift his team. Rosen isnt that.
    I never said Rosen was a stud, elite QB that could make any player on offense better. He needs the opportunity to elevate the team. This OL and run game gives him none of that. The fact that Fitzy was able to put together some good games comes from his experience, not the talent around him. He had close to nothing in ARZ. He has close to nothing this year.

Like I said before, I still really like Rosen . . . I also really like Tua . . . and I also really like Lawrence in 2021. Either way, as long as we have a franchise QB on this roster within the next two years that will drive this team to SB wins, I won't care who it is. This roster is a poop show and needs talent everywhere. Rosen is still young, cheap and developing. I am personally cool with seeing what he does with adequate protection.

They could be waiting until next year to unleash Rosen after a year in the playbook and a solid OL and running game in front of him.
    IMO, he'd be playing already... The coaching staff has showed they want to win games... This team could easily be 5 and 8... I would love to see Rosen perform well enough to be the Phins starting QB next season, but IMO he's on the fast track to being an above average back-up... I know that is harsh but IMO he's no Aaron Rogers waiting his turn behind Favre and I don't think he's Jimmy G... I hope I am wrong, but I just don't see it...
    Last edited by Forever35; 12-11-2019 at 03:41 PM.
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

I want to see the FO and Flores select a QB in the first 2 days... Someone that they feel has potential to be a long term future QB... IMO, that would be the ideal situation next season with Fitzy starting...

I want to see a legit RB taken...

I want to see a safety taken with one of the 1st's...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    IMO, he'd be playing already... The coaching staff has showed they want to win games... This team could easily be 5 and 8... I would love to see Rosen perform well enough to be the Phins starting QB next season, but IMO he's on the fast track to being an above average back-up... I know that is harsh but IMO he's no Aaron Rogers waiting his turn behind Favre and I don't think he's Jimmy G... I hope I am wrong, but I just don't see it...
    I agree they want to win games now, and that fitz is better right now for this team.

But just the way henne sat behind pennington for a year, rosen could be sitting behind fitz.

It also doesnt mean they dont draft another qb.

Just means they dont want to put rosen out there yet. They put him out there to get a view of him, and and now they can work on what he needs to work on, for when hes the starter.

Makes sense to me.

This is really his rookie year, his 1st year in arizona was a complete throw away year.
    Last edited by TakeAnotherL; 12-11-2019 at 10:42 PM.

I dont think anyone is arguing that the staff is looking at this as a redshirt year, but I think what Forever35 and I are saying is that the staff probably sees Rosens ceiling and should be willing to move on. That's how I feel at least. I liked Rosen coming out and I defended him a lot in the past year. But I think it's safe to say at best hes Jared Goff. If the team passes on a QB this year I'd love to see him play but I also think Fitz will just outplay him no matter what. So at the end of the day the team should just cut their losses and look to move on.

I dont think anyone is arguing that the staff is looking at this as a redshirt year, but I think what Forever35 and I are saying is that the staff probably sees Rosens ceiling and should be willing to move on. That's how I feel at least. I liked Rosen coming out and I defended him a lot in the past year. But I think it's safe to say at best hes Jared Goff. If the team passes on a QB this year I'd love to see him play but I also think Fitz will just outplay him no matter what. So at the end of the day the team should just cut their losses and look to move on.
    I think hes far better than goff.

I said before the season started goff sucked and would get exposed this year snd thats exactly what happened.

Goff without prime gurley is nothing. Just like tannehill without prime ajayi or prime henry is nothing.

I think rosen is better than that.

At this point nobody is wrong though. So well just have to wait and see.

Imo developing goff the right way is what this staff is doing. I dont think they are either sold on him or giving up on him. But i do think they want to develope him slowly and re-evaluate based on what they see from him next year.

This roster wasnt built for a young qb to succeed this year, no matter who we had. And i think this staff knows that.

I'm pretty bored, so I was checking out the 2020 cap space and roster for us. If we release both RJ and Wilson, we're going to have close to extra $15M in cap, giving us close to $123M. I honestly think both will be gone. I loved RJ too. Great player.

I would love to see us do this (as you can see, I'm going Qb in 2021 and hoping they see what Rosen has in 2020 behind a hopefully destructive OL):

FA -
    OG Andrus Peat
    OT Daryl Williams
    CB Marcus Peters

Trade -
    OT Trent Williams - trade 2020 NO 2nd rd pick and 2021 MIA 3rd rd pick (WSH has to get something for him. Low ball them and see if someone offers better. only signed through 2021.)

Draft -
    1a. DT Derrick Brown
    1b. OC Tyler Biadasz
    1c. WR Laviska Shenault
    2a. RB Travis Ettiene
    3. DE Khalid Kareem

Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast