Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    If Herbert is still a first rounder than so is Love. The talent is simply too much for some teams to pass on.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Yeah who knows, what the nfl is looking for in qb prospects is all over the place.

I just think its going to be hard to pull the trigger in the 1st round on a qb who has more picks than tds.

But i could also see a team with an older qb drafting him and stashing him on the bench for a year.

Reportedly Chris Ballard with the Colts absolutely loves Jordan Love. Some team will look at the talent and try to go with a Mahomes plan of just getting him in the scheme and developing.

If Tua is available for the Phins, they have to take him...

Go with Fitz next season... IMO, similar situation when I believed Matt Moore should have been the way to go instead of Tannehill... I wanted the tank, but obviously Flores thinks otherwise...

I'll eat crow because the more Fitz plays the better the WR's have been and the better the OL has played... His vet leadership has been very good for the team...

Our running back situation sucks big time... I know the line has something to do with that, but our current RB's suck... I'd go after Kareem Hunt and draft a RB with a 2nd or 3rd... Remember the Pats took Michel with the
    31st pick... I won't be surprised if Flores goes that route if the right RB is available...

I like the idea of spending big money on the line in FA... I'd still look at an OLineman with one of the 2nd's... Preferably Biadasz to potentially be the Phins future center...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

I think we can almost certainly write Fitz in as the starter next year. Hes clearly won over the locker room. Flo has obviously decided now that he wont start a QB until they're ready so no matter who we draft theyll have to wait. Just makes so much sense for that to be Tua now. Give him time to heal and adjust while Fitz still plays. Wilson just said this week is when he finally felt healthy again, so that's almost 13 months for a similar injury to Tua.

Interesting article, which sums up what I was saying in the Philly thread. I really think this is important to consider.
    Coaching and player development > getting the highest draft pick possible
    https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles...ffseason-plans

still not giving up hope on getting Burrow

Fitzpatrick will likely be the starter next season

if we can't get Burrow I am leaning towards Isaiah Simmons and building the defense up

Javon Kinlaw and Marvin Wilson would be my top targets with our 2nd pick. I would trade up for Kinlaw if we can. if you can't then get Wilson

Jordan Love to me is a 1st rounder. I hope he declares because he is my QB2 and it makes it easier to get a QB if he comes out this year

Burrow is long gone buddy lol. He's pegged for CIN. I love what Simmons can bring, but in now way am I taking him at #4. I'd actually lean toward either Derrick Brown or Jeff Okudah at #4. Both can impact our defense and help our core. We'd either have the makings of a great young DL, or a great young CB core.

I'd be targeting CeeDee Lamb with either of our other 1st rounders, and then go BPA the rest of the way. I think MIA spends big on the OL, allowing them to draft playmakers on both sides of the ball.

Jordan Love absolutely stinks! like smelly, hot, wet garbage. I have zero positive things to say about him. He needs to stay, or transfer to a better program.

I'd still take Tua at #4 ONLY if the prognosis for a full recovery is 99.9% or higher. if its not, I'd wait until one of our other picks, or just focus on 2021 QBs.

Id love to draft henderson if we dont get okudah.

Henderson is moves like a damn gazelle.

And in the 2nd rnd if we coukd draft etienne, he would solve our #1 rb problem. Dude is so damn good.

In an interview with Tua by Herbie, Tua said he needs promised he will go top half of 1st round (or something like that) to declare. Personally, I don't see how he will fall out of the top 15 picks. With the amount of qb needy teams and teams with very old qbs it would be wise to scoop him up, if you're one of those teams.

Scenarios I'd take Tua..

#4 overall and don;t need him to play at all his rookie season. Use his rookie season or most of it as a red shirt year and spend this off season and next off season building the o line. Must protect your most valuable asset if you take Tua.
    If Tua and Young are on the board take Young and try and trade up for Tua with our other 2 firsts or some other combination. No guarantee we'd be able to do that though but never know.
    Other than Tua, I'm not sure I take anyone else if Chase Young is off the board when we make our first selection. Although I do love me some Derrick Brown!!

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    In an interview with Tua by Herbie, Tua said he needs promised he will go top half of 1st round (or something like that) to declare. Personally, I don't see how he will fall out of the top 15 picks. With the amount of qb needy teams and teams with very old qbs it would be wise to scoop him up, if you're one of those teams.

Scenarios I'd take Tua..

#4 overall and don;t need him to play at all his rookie season. Use his rookie season or most of it as a red shirt year and spend this off season and next off season building the o line. Must protect your most valuable asset if you take Tua.
    If Tua and Young are on the board take Young and try and trade up for Tua with our other 2 firsts or some other combination. No guarantee we'd be able to do that though but never know.
    Other than Tua, I'm not sure I take anyone else if Chase Young is off the board when we make our first selection. Although I do love me some Derrick Brown!!
    If we somehow get #2, I'm taking Young. I know alot of people hate that idea and believe you take Tua no matter what, but Young is a GAME CHANGER on defense, we need those bad. He starts day 1 and probably does well enough to be considered as rookie of the year and possibly pro bowl his first year.

If he stays in school, that would shake up the entire draft imo. We would be in an amazing position to trade back out of #4 and pick up additional picks for a QB needy team wanting to potentially jump up for Herbert

Personally I wish Tua would stay another year. Just so Herbert can build his value and get drafted before we pick so we dont screw it up. But I have no idea why he would stay in college. Hes more than likely not going to play much in 2020, so why stay and rehab for free when you could get paid to do it in the NFL. If he stays it will probably only hurt his value even more. Say he rehabs hard and plays a bit in 2020, he risks even more injury which would just kill his stock. And itll be tough for him to push past Lawrence or Fields. I just dont see it.

But if he did stay another year, you do everything you can to acquire another 2021 1st. I know we say it every year, but 2021 would be insane for QBs. Healthy Tua, Lawrence, Fields and possibly Love transferring to a team like LSU or Oklahoma. Push the QB decision another year and build literally everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    If he stays it will probably only hurt his value I know we say it every year, but 2021 would be insane for QBs.
    I heard the 2026 draft is stacked... There's this HS freshman QB that's absolutely...

I would hate it if the Phins don't get a top 4 pick...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Burrow is long gone buddy lol. He's pegged for CIN. I love what Simmons can bring, but in now way am I taking him at #4. I'd actually lean toward either Derrick Brown or Jeff Okudah at #4. Both can impact our defense and help our core. We'd either have the makings of a great young DL, or a great young CB core.

I'd be targeting CeeDee Lamb with either of our other 1st rounders, and then go BPA the rest of the way. I think MIA spends big on the OL, allowing them to draft playmakers on both sides of the ball.

Jordan Love absolutely stinks! like smelly, hot, wet garbage. I have zero positive things to say about him. He needs to stay, or transfer to a better program.

I'd still take Tua at #4 ONLY if the prognosis for a full recovery is 99.9% or higher. if its not, I'd wait until one of our other picks, or just focus on 2021 QBs.
    Burrow isn't long gone. 1 we don't know if Cincy willl take QB over Young and if so which one. 2nd they might not even get the 1st pick. the Giants still have a chance to get it

Simmons would make a bigger impact over Brown and Okudah as he is the 2nd best defensive player in the entire class. I have Hall as the best CB and I prefer Kinlaw over Brown at this point. Kinlaw, Brown and Wilson are very close together though

Love is great. no idea what makes you think he stinks

I am taking Simmons because players like him don't come into the league often. idk what to do at QB if we can't get Burrow. my next top choice after him is Lawrence but we pretty much have no shot at him. after that it would be Love who would take some developing but has the best arm in the draft and is a safer pick than Tua who is injury prone and has yet to show he can make all the throws. good news is that the 2nd round will have solid QB options so their is no need to panic

2021 is going to be hard to get a QB. Lawrence will go #1 so he is out of reach. the next best QB will be Love if he stays

I am not worried about WR but Lamb wouldn't be in my top 3 WRs. Jeudy and Ruggs are my favorite 2 and I think Ruggs has overtaken Jeudy as my fave. after that I like Higgins

If Miami spends big on OL in FA that would be great

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Personally I wish Tua would stay another year. Just so Herbert can build his value and get drafted before we pick so we dont screw it up. But I have no idea why he would stay in college. Hes more than likely not going to play much in 2020, so why stay and rehab for free when you could get paid to do it in the NFL. If he stays it will probably only hurt his value even more. Say he rehabs hard and plays a bit in 2020, he risks even more injury which would just kill his stock. And itll be tough for him to push past Lawrence or Fields. I just dont see it.

But if he did stay another year, you do everything you can to acquire another 2021 1st. I know we say it every year, but 2021 would be insane for QBs. Healthy Tua, Lawrence, Fields and possibly Love transferring to a team like LSU or Oklahoma. Push the QB decision another year and build literally everything else.
    I don't see any logical sense for Tua to not come out either but he would easily push past Fields. Lawrence is a different story. I am not very high on Fields. would probably rank him on Eason level

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast