Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Have you watched a single snap of Rosen? His biggest issue is the fact that hes consistantely late on throws and the throws are inaccurate. He has to wait until he sees the receivers numbers before he throws the ball and its the same problem Herbert has.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

If you're truly going to run a full cheatriots system, you don't need a QB who can read progressions quickly, just an accurate thrower. But I doubt that's the case with no Ernie Adams in Miami.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 11-08-2019 at 11:49 PM.

The Patriots system is literally built on quick read, timing based routes. Stuff like hitting a slant route as the exact right moment to maximize YAC. It's why Tua would be such a perfect fit in the scheme, because he understands the timing of the offense is so important.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    The Patriots system is literally built on quick read, timing based routes. Stuff like hitting a slant route as the exact right moment to maximize YAC. It's why Tua would be such a perfect fit in the scheme, because he understands the timing of the offense is so important.
    It's based on the QB knowing which route will be open 80% of the time (or more if they have gotten better at it over the past 12 years) because they know what the defense has on. Many QB's could thrive in that system. Of course you're right, hitting the guy in stride means you need less plays to score the TD.

Have you watched a single snap of Rosen? His biggest issue is the fact that hes consistantely late on throws and the throws are inaccurate. He has to wait until he sees the receivers numbers before he throws the ball and its the same problem Herbert has.
    Rosen is late on throws in the nfl, in college he was fine, he just needs to speed up as all young qbs do.

Herbert doesnt throw a pass on time ever at oregon. Hes like tannehill, he has to see his wr seperate, and than he launches it.

Besides landing the #1 pick, this team needs to find the best QB coach available... Not another retread like Caldwell... The successful young QB's right now have fresh faced QB coaches...

I hope they move on from asst QB coach Shuplinski... Just because he worked as the Patriots QB coach the past few seasons means nothing because Brady could have been the QB coach and they still would have been fine...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

I was looking forward to seeing what Rosen can do because of his age, but I'd be shocked if he is back next season... Fitz will be back, hopefully as the full time back up...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

TUA - BURROW.......how bad do you want this Dolfins QB job.

LSU vs BAMA

😁😁

It's stupid to evaluate a player on a single game, but Burrow playing THIS well against Alabama is huge. LSU looks like the clearly better team and Bama is playing poorly, but if this was just a scheme thing then Alabama would have been able to at least slow it down a bit.

Arm strength is the only issue I have with him, but he seems so smart that he can figure out a way around it. Hes also shown a few times today that he struggles with blind side pressure. 2 of his sacks today came on plays where he just looked like a statue. His LT whiffed on the blocks but overall hes moved well today.

Quote Originally Posted by esb View Post
    TUA - BURROW.......how bad do you want this Dolfins QB job.

LSU vs BAMA

😁😁
    Miami has 3 scouts at the game, more than any other team. They're clearly watching.

Also Najee Harris is nuts as a RB. After joking everyone on every single run, dude just caught a back shoulder TD. Theres so many good RBs in this draft.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that we could draft half of the players on the field in this game and I'd be happy.

Edit: I changed my mind, give me #22 from LSU. Dude is Darren Sproles if he was a tank.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 11-09-2019 at 07:51 PM.

It's stupid to evaluate a player on a single game, but Burrow playing THIS well against Alabama is huge. LSU looks like the clearly better team and Bama is playing poorly, but if this was just a scheme thing then Alabama would have been able to at least slow it down a bit.

Arm strength is the only issue I have with him, but he seems so smart that he can figure out a way around it. Hes also shown a few times today that he struggles with blind side pressure. 2 of his sacks today came on plays where he just looked like a statue. His LT whiffed on the blocks but overall hes moved well today.
    This is only my second time seeing Burrow and third (maybe?) seeing Tua. I was worried about how Burrow was handling traffic around him too at first. That one sack was bad from the left when he didn't even move, but if we're taking the worst sack of his into consideration, check Tua's 5 second hold and freeze until he got sacked. That was just embarrassing IMO. Anyway, I thought Burrow was also making the decision to run each time pressure came early on, but then I saw him starting to move and keep his eyes downfield more so it was good to see that he can do that. I thought Tua looked much better than the last time I saw him play, where he seemed to benefit from throwing short slants that his amazing WR's took for long gains and long TD's vs a weaker opponent. In this game, especially during the comeback, he threw some beautiful deep balls and although his overall completion percentage was not good, he showed his great arm. At this point I'd be happy with either QB. At this point I bet Tua starts off showing more, but I think Burrow will improve more and it's hard to say how it will end for each.
    My only 2 questions on Tua are:
    1. Tua played hurt and that's tough but why was he limping more after the game than he was even on his last drive? I've played on injured wheels before and it took a few hours for it to stiffen up that badly. On toughness, I have to say each time I have seen Burrow play, I keep thinking that he's the kind of guy that teammates will play their ***** of for. He will have to learn to slide in the NFL though.
    2. After a game like this does Tua's father beat him with that discipline belt for playing poorly in the first half, or does the near comeback off set that?
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 11-10-2019 at 09:21 AM.

Also Najee Harris is nuts as a RB. After joking everyone on every single run, dude just caught a back shoulder TD. Theres so many good RBs in this draft.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that we could draft half of the players on the field in this game and I'd be happy.

Edit: I changed my mind, give me #22 from LSU. Dude is Darren Sproles if he was a tank.
    If im drafting a running back high, i want swift from Georgia all day, everyday.

Young Leveon Bell clone.

As for burrow tua, im just not impressed with burrow when things break down. I was surprised how strong he was though able to break multiple tackles.

But othereise he doesnt look like he has the feel for the game when the pocket breaks down, and after years of watching that statue, ryan tannehill, I want a qb who can make things happen with his feet under pressure.

This team isnt drafting in the top 3 anymore. I just dont believe it with how they're improving. Only chance at either QB is to trade up

Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast