Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Honestly I think Flores appreciates a QB who can step up and make a play all by himself.
    Let's hope so. All of this talk about turning Miami into New England South since the day Flores was hired has frankly scared me. People are continuing to ignore the single most important ingredient in their system, which is stealing the signals from opposing teams. I'm not just saying this in light of the recent debate on the Cincy video. I have maintained it all along. Too many reasons for them not to stop in 2007 when they were given a light warning basically. I doubt Flores pulls the same stuff here, definitely not on offense because he would not have been in that loop. So if he buys some bogus teachings on what to look for in a QB that he picked up in that organization, there's a good chance Miami spends the next 4 years scratching their heads on why it is still not working.
    Let's hope Flores knows what to do based on today's game and I think like some of you have said, looking at today's best (and best young) QB's is a good place to start.

Coordinators were up today and this quote from Oshea stood out to me.

I asked Chad O'Shea about what type of QB he wants to run his system going forward & he pointed directed to what Ryan Fitzpatrick has shown: "Strong intangibles, earned respect of team/staff, work ethic, consistency, high-energy leadership & being the flag bearer of the offense."

Add this to the list alongside accurate and mobile that he talked about earlier in the year. I cant wait to spend the next few months speculating who we thinks this mold (spoiler its Tua).

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa Out for Season With a Dislocated Hip. ... Suttles reports that Tagovailoa has a dislocated hip with a posterior wall fracture.

Alabama Crimson Tide quarterback Tua Tagovailoa is dealing with a knee injury Per Matt Zenitz of AL.com

Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa will miss Saturday's game against Arkansas after undergoing surgery to help repair a high-ankle sprain

3 major injuries in what adds up to about 1 season of starting at qb in collage. add to that he has hinted at not wanting to be in Miami. he will be another wasted pick by dolphins if they take him with either of there 2 1st round picks. maybe the third one but still a waste he wont stay healthy.

Coordinators were up today and this quote from Oshea stood out to me.

I asked Chad O'Shea about what type of QB he wants to run his system going forward & he pointed directed to what Ryan Fitzpatrick has shown: "Strong intangibles, earned respect of team/staff, work ethic, consistency, high-energy leadership & being the flag bearer of the offense."

Add this to the list alongside accurate and mobile that he talked about earlier in the year. I cant wait to spend the next few months speculating who we thinks this mold (spoiler its Tua).
    I'm glad you posted that, but I see it as generic coach speak. Not giving anything away, because really, does any team not want those qualities? Still doesn't tell us if they value arm strength over precision, mobility, starting experience, etc. But it wouldn't be wise to say that before the draft anyway. Basically he answered that they want a good QB.

^^^^Oh you're not wrong lol. Like you said it all breaks down to he's looking for a good QB lol.

Quote Originally Posted by t2a2e9j12 View Post
    Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa Out for Season With a Dislocated Hip. ... Suttles reports that Tagovailoa has a dislocated hip with a posterior wall fracture.

Alabama Crimson Tide quarterback Tua Tagovailoa is dealing with a knee injury Per Matt Zenitz of AL.com

Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa will miss Saturday's game against Arkansas after undergoing surgery to help repair a high-ankle sprain

3 major injuries in what adds up to about 1 season of starting at qb in collage. add to that he has hinted at not wanting to be in Miami. he will be another wasted pick by dolphins if they take him with either of there 2 1st round picks. maybe the third one but still a waste he wont stay healthy.
    First off I'd love to see where Tua has come out and even remotely hinted at not wanting to go to Miami, when he's literally deflected every question about the NFL and always focus's on his college level.

The knee injuy was a simple knee sprain that required no surgery. Very normal injury. And both of the ankle injuries were simple high ankle sprains which he elected to have surgery on to actually help prevent the injuries from occurring again. The tight rope surgery is designed to actually strengthen the ankle and help make sure that Tua doesn't have to deal with simple injuries like this in the NFL.

The injuries are a concern, but it's ridiculous to act like he tore his Achilles 3 years straight.

It's definitely a crapshoot with injuries, especially for a QB who utilizes his run game... With 3 1st's, I think it's a chance you take... It would be so so ideal if talk among the war rooms is he's gonna keep slipping...

If someone wants Tua that badly and is willing to offer multiple 1st's like Oakland, I'd pull that trigger... I'd even entertain having Derek Carr involved in that trade... (Only if his contract is team friendly starting in 2020)...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Jacob Eason just declared for the draft. Dudes probably gonna fall into that Drew Lock range of an early day 2 pick.

Since we were talking about how Flores and the staff might have changed their minds on QBs and have started to like a more aggressive style, I think Eason would be a hell of a pick on day 2. Dudea a gunslinger through and through and I think he would work well with Fitz.

The offense is currently ranked 15th with a terrible Oline and no run game. A large part of that is changing the style to fit Fitz and going to one mainly focused on focusing on 1on1 routes. If you want to continue that then Eason would fit well.

Jacob Eason just declared for the draft. Dudes probably gonna fall into that Drew Lock range of an early day 2 pick.

Since we were talking about how Flores and the staff might have changed their minds on QBs and have started to like a more aggressive style, I think Eason would be a hell of a pick on day 2. Dudea a gunslinger through and through and I think he would work well with Fitz.

The offense is currently ranked 15th with a terrible Oline and no run game. A large part of that is changing the style to fit Fitz and going to one mainly focused on focusing on 1on1 routes. If you want to continue that then Eason would fit well.
    Why not waive Ruddock and sign a QB off another practice squad and let him ball out against the Pats...??? What a great team to throw a young gun into the fire against... Flo and Grier has had some success with their waiver signings...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Eason has a big arm and thats it, i dont see us going anywhere near him

Doug Marrone is being let go by the Jags on Monday. It looks like the team is going in a full reset next year. They're one of the few teams with multiple 1sts so if they wanted to get into a bidding war with us to move up and get Tua they could make things very difficult.

But that's of course if they decide to move on from Foles massive contract and dont feel like investing in Minshew.

Eason is just as developmental as Love at this point. Not worthy of a 1st or 2nd rd draft pick for our team right now. I'd be perfectly fine using a 3rd or later on either one of them, but no thanks to an early pick.

Its going to be very tough for JAC and DET to both get out of their current QB contracts without giving up a draft pick. If we are ahead of JAC, and they call us and offer their 2020 1st, 2020 3rd and their own 2021 1st . . . I'd give them Tua. I'd also give OAK Tua for both 2020 1sts, or a combo of a 2020 1st, 2021 1st +. Basically, I'm perfectly fine trading Tua for multiple 1st rd draft picks. But if the FO and coaches think Tua is our franchise QB for the next 15 years, then I'd be okay drafting Tua as long as the entire FO and staff are on board with their evaluation and all medicals are okay.

I am totally gunning for Lawrence or Fields in 2021. Lawrence is a rare talent at QB . . . like Luck was coming out of college. Fields can be the next great dual threat QB.

Hear me out on this one . . .

***IF Fitz retires at end of year and JAC drops from pick 6 to pick 10-12***

Offer JAC our 1st rd pick for their 2020 1st pick, 2021 1st pick and Foles. It gets them out of Foles contract (which will cost that premium of their 2021 1st) and allows them to draft Tua. Gets us our 'bridge' QB and more ammo for either Lawrence or Fields in 2021. We can get out of Foles contract relatively easy after 2020.

Sign our RT and possibly both OG in FA.

Draft CB, OC, RB, WR and LT (in no particular order with our first five picks)

This would be my plan if I was not sold on Tua and was enamored with Fields and Lawrence.

I'm gonna be real with you bro, that's the most Madden-esque trade scenario I've ever seen. Main reason I hate speculating on possible draft day trades, because we as fans always go a little too ridiculous.

Yeah don't see how it works for JAC. For one they have a young QB in Minshew who flashed a bit that needs some more time behind the wheel to see if they have anything. Foles also has a 2021 roster bonus of 5M that guarantees the 5th league day of 2020. Dealing Foles also only saves them 3.5M in cap space due to his signing bonus. Don't see why they would deal a 1st for that even if they moved up a few spots.

I miss when we were in position to draft Burrow. I still love Tua but theres a chance he doesnt even come out or we see someone hop us to get him.

I know some fans think it's ok that we won a few games, but I still think Flores going half in on the tank was a terrible idea. The world's not on fire and everything can still work out, but it hurts to see Burrow have the most dominant half of college football I've ever seen knowing that we got a few meaningless wins.

Foles could easily be traded to the colts, whos HC won a SB with Foles when he was the OC.

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast