Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I dont care if it's a longshot, but I'm offering either of the top two teams in the draft all 3 firsts to try and move up if it comes to that. Both of these firsts look like theyll be terrible value and if you dont feel comfortable in Grier making the picks then I have no problem flipping all three. It would suck, but the QB is the most important thing espcially considering what this staff has done with no-names.
    That actually should have been the other way around... If Miami has the #1 pick and Grier and Ross are not totally sold on Tua or Burrow than I'm fine with that, but a trade better be a blockbuster for Miami...
    Miami landing the 1st pick - they aren't sure if Tua or Burrow is their future QB - move that pick for an absolute boatload of more picks... Oakland and Jacksonville both have two 1st round picks... Heck give me both of Jacksonville 1st's and Gardner Minshew and some...

In 16' Rams traded #15, two 2nds, a 3rd and a 17' 1st for Goff...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Ross wanted Lamar Jackson in 18'... Who does he want in 20'...??? Crazy to wonder who Ross wants... I could see him loving Tua, but is there another QB he likes...???
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

We aren't trading up get a qb. That's pointless and stupid. If that was the case all along then we would've kept Minkah and Tunsil while trading up for a qb. If you want to trade your 1st round draft assets for a qb then you have no opportunity to surround him with cheap talent.

If anything this gives us an opportunity to trade down from #4. The draft order isn't set and who knows what can happen. Did anyone see the Falcons beating the Saints or Miami beating the Colts?

Minkah is making himself more $ by the game and it's only hurting the Steelers long term. Obviously, if he keeps this up he's going to be the highest paid DB in the game and it'll come sooner rather than later since he only has 2.5 years left on his rookie deal. So his stats for this season are all for nothing since they don't have a qb.

This coaching staff has done an incredible job. This is the only + I have from yesterday haha

If we are picking top 4, the FO will get their QB. CIN picks 1st, grabs either Burrow or Tua. WSH, NYJ, WSH, NYG, ATL, MIA all in the mix for #2. Of those teams, only MIA needs a young QB to build around. If we land #4, there is still a super realistic chance that we get either Tua or Burrow there. I could easily see (minus potential trades):

CIN - Burrow or Tua
    WSH - Chase Young
    NYJ - Jerry Jeudy or Thomas
    NYG - Thomas or Jeudy
    ATL - Okudah or Simmons
    MIA - Burrow or Tua

If we land a top 5 pick, and the FO wants one of the QBs, they will get the QB. That is the point of stockpiling these picks. So we should still land a top 5 draft pick. To get from 5 up to 2, it should cost #5, and our two 2nd rd picks, with maybe a 2021 mid pick as a sweetener. This would still give MIA three 1st rd picks, and their stash for 2021 as well. Its not terrible if we have to trade for our franchise QB.

If not, we take the BPA and build the roster up.

The only QBs' i'm interested in are Tua and Burrow. Love sucks. Herbert has regressed a bit. Fromm is showing he is a NFL back-up. Hurts is not the QB to run this system.

We wouldnt be able to move up to one of the top picks if we didnt trade Minkah and Tunsil without sending years of picks to a team. I dont care that we had a ton of day 3 picks, we didnt have the ammo to do it. The Eagles trade 2 1sts, a 2nd, a 3rd and a 4th to get Wentz, and the Rams traded their first 3 picks for two years to get Goff. At least now we can move up and not cripple ourselves for two years. Not saying it's what I want of course, but getting the QB is the most important thing and we all talked about selling the farm if we needed to.

Also, how terrible does the Minkah trade look right now? I tried telling everyone that it wont finish as high as we all thought. Plus he looks like the next Ed Reed playing only FS. As much as Flo deserves credit for the turnaround, I wouldnt be surprised if we busts because of making terrible decisions like this.

And just in case you werent depressed enough, Tannenbaum was on the radio today and when asked who he preferred between Tua and Burrow he said Herbert. His main reason was that he prioritizes the size and athletic ability and talked about how avoiding injury is important with all the backups that have had to play this year. Tannenbaum might not be with the team anymore, but a lot of his scouts are still there. People will love Herbert on this team and wont consider it settling if we get him

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

We wouldnt be able to move up to one of the top picks if we didnt trade Minkah and Tunsil without sending years of picks to a team. I dont care that we had a ton of day 3 picks, we didnt have the ammo to do it. The Eagles trade 2 1sts, a 2nd, a 3rd and a 4th to get Wentz, and the Rams traded their first 3 picks for two years to get Goff. At least now we can move up and not cripple ourselves for two years. Not saying it's what I want of course, but getting the QB is the most important thing and we all talked about selling the farm if we needed to.

Also, how terrible does the Minkah trade look right now? I tried telling everyone that it wont finish as high as we all thought. Plus he looks like the next Ed Reed playing only FS. As much as Flo deserves credit for the turnaround, I wouldnt be surprised if we busts because of making terrible decisions like this.

And just in case you werent depressed enough, Tannenbaum was on the radio today and when asked who he preferred between Tua and Burrow he said Herbert. His main reason was that he prioritizes the size and athletic ability and talked about how avoiding injury is important with all the backups that have had to play this year. Tannenbaum might not be with the team anymore, but a lot of his scouts are still there. People will love Herbert on this team and wont consider it settling if we get him
    There's a reason why Tannebaum is employed by ESPN and not a NFL franchise.

If this is a sarcastic statement, it was actually funny...

If your serious, that is a pretty scary statement...

Reggie Lewis

Probably should have worded it a bit differently. Not saying oh yea all of us will love Herbert. I'm saying that there will be people in the FO that love Herbert and probably agree with Tannenbaum that he is ranked as high as the other 2 purely because hes big and strong. At the end of the day the decision makers at the top will decide, but at the very least a lot of the scouts will like him too.

Makes no sense IMO because this team absolutely sucked going into this season... Every friggin Vegas odds had Miami having the worst record and getting the #1 pick... Everybody already penciled them in as the worst team...

Cincy is taking a QB...

If the Jets end up with #2 I don't think they are going to give Miami the chance to draft their potential franchise QB... They are still the laughing stock for taking O'Brien over Marino... I may be totally wrong, but I don't think Miami and the Jets ever made a big time trade with each other...

Also, there is a very good chance this team wins enough games to remove themselves from the top 5...

The two other 1st's can easily be used on an OL, RB, DE... To give that away to move up for a QB...??? No thanks... I'd take my chances with Hurts... I can see Ross liking him the same way he loved Lamar Jackson...

I'd like a 1st rd in no particular order if the Phins miss out on Tua of Hurts, Biadasz, Jeudy, Delpit, Wirfs, Pinkney or Murray...
    Last edited by Forever35; 11-11-2019 at 01:34 PM.

Reggie Lewis

Probably should have worded it a bit differently. Not saying oh yea all of us will love Herbert. I'm saying that there will be people in the FO that love Herbert and probably agree with Tannenbaum that he is ranked as high as the other 2 purely because hes big and strong. At the end of the day the decision makers at the top will decide, but at the very least a lot of the scouts will like him too.

Im fine drafting herbert, just as long as we dont trade up, or trade much to get him.

Thats why we have rosen. He allows us to play and develop a young qb while developing a higher ceiling qb behind him.

Or rosen allows us to have a young qb under the system for one year, and if you dont see a qb you want and you can get, you dont need to chase anyone because you have rosen locked up already.

Every other unit and player is developing under this staff and so will rosen.

A later qb that could enter the draft that no one is talking about is Ridder from Cinci.

Hes the minshew of this draft imo, more arm talent though.

also, don't think that this FO and team will not try to make a splash and trade for a vet QB who might be on the block. Stafford? Rivers? I could see something weird like that happen if they know they won't be in line to draft their QB this year.

We have so much cap space that this team can go in some many stinking directions, its ridiculous. We can trade for an established QB, and build the team properly around them

But I really, really hope for either Tua or Burrow right now. I think we end at 3-13, with that 3rd win against CIN.

You're crazy if you think we go 3-13. Pencil us in for 6-10 easy. Almost beat the Bill's in Buffalo and we get them again this week. Play the Browns who stink, Giants and Jets again plus Cincy and possibly NE backups. Hell you dont even know what Eagles team will show up when we play them. As long as Fitz is the starter for the rest of the year we have a legit chance to almost win out which is incredibly ridiculous to think.

I'd jump at Stafford but theres no one else that looks to be on the market that I'd like. Cam and Rivers are completely washed up at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    Makes no sense IMO because this team absolutely sucked going into this season... Every friggin Vegas odds had Miami having the worst record and getting the #1 pick... Everybody already penciled them in as the worst team...

Cincy is taking a QB...

If the Jets end up with #2 I don't think they are going to give Miami the chance to draft their potential franchise QB... They are still the laughing stock for taking O'Brien over Marino... I may be totally wrong, but I don't think Miami and the Jets ever made a big time trade with each other...

Also, there is a very good chance this team wins enough games to remove themselves from the top 5...
    This is exactly why I was laughing when people were arguing against the tank. Everyone thinks you can easily trade up in the draft but forget to realize that teams can turn down the trades. We obviously have the ammo to make a bombshell type trade, but at this point I have a hard time believing that Cinci and Washington wont take a QB. Haskins has been so terrible so far that I could easily see Snyder falling in love with Burrow and Tua.

I'm honestly at the point that I hope they go developmental guy in the 2nd. Take Hurts or Love and see if you get lucky. I'm sure I'll convince myself that I like Herbert in the offseason, and he does have some good moments, but I just dont see him being a game changer. The best part of Love or Hurts in the 2nd is that theres no real commitment if you take one. See if one clicks in the offense and if not try again next year. Maybe you get lucky enough that a team is looking to trade the first pick and you can snag Fields or Lawerence.

I would say its near zero percent chance we get the 1st pick. If we do go on to win say 6 games which I think is a realistic possibility, we have some very winnable games coming up. This Dolphin team is not the same team we saw the first 3 weeks, this Dolphin team has developed into a mediocre team.

If we end up out of the top 5 I wouldnt trade up for a QB. I would follow the same path as last year, trade down and gain extra picks next season and improve this team through the draft. Be prepared to go into next season with Fitzpatrick as the starter and Rosen as the backup and address our many other weaknesses. We can win with Fitzpatrick as QB for 1 more season.

If there is a QB we like and he is available in the round we value him then we can pick him. I wouldnt trade up for any of these current crop of QBs. If need be we can go target 2021 for a QB.

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast