Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Because losing the respect of the locker room is not how you build a good foundation.

All dolphins fans should know that, we saw how our teams quit on sparano, philbin, gase, and once that happened it was over.
    IMO, this team is so young to lose the respect in the locker room... But I hear you...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

I have zero concerns about falling outside the top 5 of this draft. Even top 5, we still have a great chance at either Burrows or Tua, and if not, we will still be getting a stud at a position of need (Young, Jeudy/Lamb, Thomas, Okudah). I'm highly confident we will be drafting Burrows or Tua, without trading up.

But I'm telling everyone now, don't be surprised if that HOU 1st rd pick goes out for a proven vet QB. This FO tried to get Stafford before, and I can bet they try to get him again. Not saying its what I want, but if they realize they have no shot at Tua or Burrows without paying a king's ransom, they could target someone for less assets.

Or, Brady opts out of his contract with NE and he goes down to MIA with all the NE coaches on this regime

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    IMO, this team is so young to lose the respect in the locker room... But I hear you...
    Considering I expect half of this roster to be gone next year I wouldnt worry about the culture. You're going to being in so many guys that it doesnt matter. Biggest reason I didnt care about going 0-16. Most wont be here to have it really affect you.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Former patriot cb Cyrus Jones also cut, wonder if we bring him in.

Hargraeaves got picked up by hou, i guess it makes sense that a contender wanted him more than us at his price.

Tua just got carted off the field with a right hip injury. Couldnt put any weight on his leg and was apparently screaming in pain on the cart and had to be helped off the cart in the tunnel.

Durability is the one and only concern people have with Tua. The dude is as tough as anyone and clearly is willing to put it all on the line for the team but it will be a concern at the next level.

You never want to see a guy get hurt, but this might get teams to pass on him. Since I expect us to screw this up even more the injury might help him drop to us.

Edit: was just announced as a hip fracture. He's getting emergency surgery now. Similar injury to Bo Jackson and Albert Wilson last year. Everyone's talking about Bo's injury but the injury itself didnt end his career, but the fact that he didnt get surgery which lead to a bunch of other problems is what did him in. Hopefully it's a smooth recovery for Tua but a hip injury can absolutely kill a career.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 11-16-2019 at 05:47 PM.

This is why you don't tank for a player, injuries happen and guys go back to school sometimes. Just go out and play and if we win a handful of games oh well, take the best player on our board and build the team.

That injury will likely drop Tua out of the 1st spot in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    That injury will likely drop Tua out of the 1st spot in the draft.
    That injury will more than likely push Tua out of the top 10, possibly first round depending how bad it is.

All 3 of the Dolphins first round picks lost this week.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    That injury will more than likely push Tua out of the top 10, possibly first round depending how bad it is.
    If he drops out of first round good chance he goes back to Alabama for his senior season.

I'm not totally sure that he still doesn't go top 10. A team picking that high may allow him to redshirt his rookie year. Would MIA still take him top 5? I think they would if the injury is clearly not career threatening come draft time.

If it is severe and more complicated come April, then don't use a 1st on him. or trade back to take him in the last quarter of the 1st. Sucks for sure on some many levels.

But MIA, PIT and HOU all lost, along with ATL and NYJ winning, so not a bad Sunday at all really.

It all depends on how the surgery goes and how teams feel about the injury. The nice thing from Miamis perspective is we just went through this rehab with Wilson. So we should have a great feel of the injury. Personally I still take him with our first pick. We're supposed to be looking long term so take the risk on your franchise guy. Let Rosen try to build up his value next year or just roll with Fitz again. Once he comes back healthy for 2021 your team is set up with talent to perform well immediately and he has a full year to learn the scheme.

Today was a good day for the draft picks but nothing moved much outside of the Pitt pick. Houston is still mid 20s and the Pitt pick fell to 16. Unfortunately we're still picking 4th and I have a hard time seeing the Bengals or Redskins getting a few wins to give us an opening.

It all depends on how the surgery goes and how teams feel about the injury. The nice thing from Miamis perspective is we just went through this rehab with Wilson. So we should have a great feel of the injury. Personally I still take him with our first pick. We're supposed to be looking long term so take the risk on your franchise guy. Let Rosen try to build up his value next year or just roll with Fitz again. Once he comes back healthy for 2021 your team is set up with talent to perform well immediately and he has a full year to learn the scheme.

Today was a good day for the draft picks but nothing moved much outside of the Pitt pick. Houston is still mid 20s and the Pitt pick fell to 16. Unfortunately we're still picking 4th and I have a hard time seeing the Bengals or Redskins getting a few wins to give us an opening.
    Wilson hasnt been the same player as he was pre injury.

I personally would be very reluctant in taking him with a top 10 pick.

Are you willing to pass up a player like Chase Young or Jerry Jeurdy for a broken Tua? Thats going to be the question the Dolphins will likely have to ask themselves.

I'm willing to do whatever I need to do to get my franchise QB. I'm not going to do Culpepper vs Brees again. If you believe hes the guy, then you take him. Dont risk letting him drop to another team. I'll never forget how Jeff Ireland knew that Jimmy Graham was going to be a good TE, but got greedy and wanted to wait til the 4th only for the Saints to take him in the 3rd.

If you love a prospect, theres no such thing as taking him too high. If you truly think Tua will be an elite QB after he recovers you take him. Espcially now that the reports are that he's expected to make a full recovery in 6-8 months. But if things get worse and it looks like he'll never be the same, then use your picks in 2021 to fix it. We're in such a unique situation that we can afford to take the risk.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 11-18-2019 at 12:22 PM.

I'm willing to do whatever I need to do to get my franchise QB. I'm not going to do Culpepper vs Brees again. If you believe hes the guy, then you take him. Dont risk letting him drop to another team. I'll never forget how Jeff Ireland knew that Jimmy Graham was going to be a good TE, but got greedy and wanted to wait til the 4th only for the Saints to take him in the 3rd.

If you love a prospect, theres no such thing as taking him too high. If you truly think Tua will be an elite QB after he recovers you take him. Espcially now that the reports are that he's expected to make a full recovery in 6-8 months. But if things get worse and it looks like he'll never be the same, then use your picks in 2021 to fix it. We're in such a unique situation that we can afford to take the risk.
    I cannot agree that we are in a position to take the risk honestly. If you watch the past couple of weeks, QB hasn't been a terrible issue. If you are sitting at #2 and you have either Chase Young or Tua to shoose from . . . you willing to take the risk on Tua coming back into form for 2021, or are you going to take the sure fire stud in Young? Our team stinks at alot of positions, and taking Tua above other players you can use in 2020 and beyond is certainly a risk, but not sure its something the team can really afford.

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast