Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Add to our woes currently the Pittsburgh and Houston pick are in the twenties.

I would be ok with taking Love in the 2nd round, I wouldnt take Hurts in the first 2 rounds. Given the choice I would take Tua first overall, Burrows will likely get drafted high but I am concerned that his draft will be higher than his talent.

As it gets closer to draft day QB's tend to move up in the draft. If we miss out on Tua at 1st which we likely will, Hebert and Burrows will likely go top 5 or top 10 at worst. I would hesitate to pass up other talent to take either of those players in the top 5. Most likely we will have to use 1 of our late 1st round picks to get Love. I am betting if Love makes it to the 2nd round, that teams that missed out on a QB in the first round will be calling the Bengals for that 1st pick in the 2nd round to nab Love.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    You're crazy if you think we go 3-13. Pencil us in for 6-10 easy. Almost beat the Bill's in Buffalo and we get them again this week. Play the Browns who stink, Giants and Jets again plus Cincy and possibly NE backups. Hell you dont even know what Eagles team will show up when we play them. As long as Fitz is the starter for the rest of the year we have a legit chance to almost win out which is incredibly ridiculous to think.

I'd jump at Stafford but theres no one else that looks to be on the market that I'd like. Cam and Rivers are completely washed up at this point.
    That record wouldn't even deserve to say typical Phins... If they ended up with a pick in the teens it would just show how this franchise and FO doesn't mind being mediocre for good... Is it possible they feel Fitzmagic is their QB of the future...???
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

For craps and laughs -

How would you feel if the Phins lose out on the 1st or 2nd pick and Cincy drafts Tua at #1 and he turns into a stud franchise QB...???

It's always after when a team should have drafted this player or that player which will always happen (Russell Wilson)...

But Miami had the drivers seat locked in and they chose to win a few games... Holy crap, that is something that could potentially haunt this organization for ever...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    That record wouldn't even deserve to say typical Phins... If they ended up with a pick in the teens it would just show how this franchise and FO doesn't mind being mediocre for good... Is it possible they feel Fitzmagic is their QB of the future...???
    Whats flores suppose to do, tell his team to stop player good fundamental football?

This is the first time since sparanos first year this team has played with good fundamentals.

Its not like flores broke out some new tricks to try and win games. Were just playing better fundamentals now, and its working.

We have a secondary with all no namers who are playing well somehow, we dominated indys top tier oline.

The guys are learning and playing hard. Its not like the coaches can just say, stop playing hard.

It is what it is, i prefer to lose, but not much anyone can do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Add to our woes currently the Pittsburgh and Houston pick are in the twenties.
    I think both of those picks will be used to trade back or trade out of the draft.

I see our last 1st being traded out of the round to gain more future picks. Or the pick being traded for a proven player

For craps and laughs -

How would you feel if the Phins lose out on the 1st or 2nd pick and Cincy drafts Tua at #1 and he turns into a stud franchise QB...???

It's always after when a team should have drafted this player or that player which will always happen (Russell Wilson)...

But Miami had the drivers seat locked in and they chose to win a few games... Holy crap, that is something that could potentially haunt this organization for ever...
    Coaches and players are going to try and win games. A player that tries to lose on purpose may find himself next season working at the local grocery store. How would you feel if come opening day every team that felt they couldnt compete for a Super Bowl started losing on purpose? Is that the NFL you would want to watch?

As far as Tua turning into a great one thats a possibility. We can have regrets about every QB (that turns out great) drafted after our first round pick every year. Just about every team in the league can say that about Aaron Rogers and Dan Marino.
    Last edited by Plague; 11-11-2019 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    I think both of those picks will be used to trade back or trade out of the draft.
    If we don't take a QB with our first overall pick and a Love, Burrows, or Hebert is available with one of our late 1st round picks I have to think the Dolphins will pull that trigger. I doubt Burrows and Hebert will be available but you never know what happens come April.

If we don't take a QB with our first overall pick and a Love, Burrows, or Hebert is available with one of our late 1st round picks I have to think the Dolphins will pull that trigger. I doubt Burrows and Hebert will be available but you never know what happens come April.
    Yeah i dont see them falling.

They fit the prototype of what nfl craves too much to fall, and the amount of teams in need of a qb is endless.

But who knows.

If im miami i start looking at qbs outside the consensus top 3. I really like the qb from cinci.

And if we dont draft a qb, and use our picks on some real talent and develop them and have them ready for when we find our qb, thats not the worst thing that could happen.

Because ideally you want to make a championshiop run while your qb is still under a rookie contract.

Coaches and players are going to try and win games. A player that tries to lose on purpose may find himself next season working at the local grocery store. How would you feel if come opening day every team that felt they couldnt compete for a Super Bowl started losing on purpose? Is that the NFL you would want to watch?

As far as Tua turning into a great one thats a possibility. We can have regrets about every QB (that turns out great) drafted after our first round pick every year. Just about every team in the league can say that about Aaron Rogers and Dan Marino.
    Players and coaches will not go out and lose games, but why just stop with trading Tunsil, Stills, Drake and Minkah...??? How about shut down or trade Parker...??? Are we afraid to piss him off...??? He has pissed off this organization since he was drafted... All of a sudden he's finally turned it around...??? How about keep Rosen in there...??? We gave up a 2nd for him which people were livid about...

Telling a coach or player to play bad is just like a ref throwing a game... That is an absolute crime... But who can say that you can't shut players down or make trades...??? AJ Green has been shut down, are the Bengals being investigated...???

As for the bolded you getting get the point I was trying to make...

Reggie Lewis

With the team looking like they will win a few more games, I'd draft Hurts... This sort of reminds me of the 2012 draft... The Phins IMO scared themselves into taking Tannehill because everyone said he was a top 10 QB... IMO, that is the same with Herbert and Fromm this draft...

I hope Miami takes a long look at Eason, Love and especially Hurts... I really like Hurts if they lose out on Tua or Burrows...

Reggie Lewis

Players and coaches will not go out and lose games, but why just stop with trading Tunsil, Stills, Drake and Minkah...??? How about shut down or trade Parker...??? Are we afraid to piss him off...??? He has pissed off this organization since he was drafted... All of a sudden he's finally turned it around...??? How about keep Rosen in there...??? We gave up a 2nd for him which people were livid about...

Telling a coach or player to play bad is just like a ref throwing a game... That is an absolute crime... But who can say that you can't shut players down or make trades...??? AJ Green has been shut down, are the Bengals being investigated...???

As for the bolded you getting get the point I was trying to make...
    Because losing the respect of the locker room is not how you build a good foundation.

All dolphins fans should know that, we saw how our teams quit on sparano, philbin, gase, and once that happened it was over.

I don't understand the high praise for Love. He has regressed worse than Herbert, and yet people are bashing Herbert more than Love. Give me Herbert over Love all day long. Not even close for me.

I am still a true 'defense wins championships' guy, and if we fall out of the top 5 (I highly doubt it), then we build the crap out of the roster through the draft at all possible positions. Grab that true WR1 . . . get some OL help . . . grab that CB2 we need . . . get a true 3 down RB . . . get that pass rusher . . . If we lose out on Tua or Burrow, I'm not wasting any 1st rd picks on a QB. I'm then focusing on the 2021 crop.

If we can't draft a QB, the focus should be that WR1 (I actually like Lamb more than Jeudy right now) and then build up that OL and draft a bellcow RB and give whomever QBs this team next year a running game to control the clock and wear down defenses.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    I don't understand the high praise for Love. He has regressed worse than Herbert, and yet people are bashing Herbert more than Love. Give me Herbert over Love all day long. Not even close for me.

I am still a true 'defense wins championships' guy, and if we fall out of the top 5 (I highly doubt it), then we build the crap out of the roster through the draft at all possible positions. Grab that true WR1 . . . get some OL help . . . grab that CB2 we need . . . get a true 3 down RB . . . get that pass rusher . . . If we lose out on Tua or Burrow, I'm not wasting any 1st rd picks on a QB. I'm then focusing on the 2021 crop.

If we can't draft a QB, the focus should be that WR1 (I actually like Lamb more than Jeudy right now) and then build up that OL and draft a bellcow RB and give whomever QBs this team next year a running game to control the clock and wear down defenses.
    Its hard to imagine a coaching staff that learned under bellichek having any interest in love, that guy makes way to many bad decisions.

If were not drafting a qb in the 1st, than get Ruggs, and the bpa at dline, secondary, oline in the 1st rnd.

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast