Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post

Unfortunately no specific details. I would just assume they mean any kind of quick pitch pass with blockers.
    Okay, thanks Kody.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Fromm was a 2nd rd pick at best this year. smart on him. That just pushes Tua closer to declaring. One less QB in the class.

Word up here in New England is that Brady is heavily leaning toward leaving the Pats. I've said numerous times that MIA is a potential landing spot, and so do some of the talking heads up here as well. Not saying that I want him, but its a possibility. That would be a very random change in dynamic in the AFCE. Let Rosen sit a couple more years behind him? not terrible.
    Please, no.

Well I dont think we have to worry about Denver drafting a QB. Lock with 3 TDs in the first half.

Meanwhile Tamp and Carolina both losing at the moment making them bigger threats.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

IMO, thinking a team won't pick a QB is overrated... If I'm Denver and I have the 2nd pick, I'm taking the best offer... So IMO any team in the top 5 has a lot of leverage against teams who need a QB... And the Phins just happen to have 3 1st's...

This is where I get a little nervous... I hope Miami doesn't part with any of the 1st's to move up because that could have totally been dealt with by getting a top 3 pick...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Ok so looking at the draft right now,

Bengals last three: Pats, Phins, Browns (Bengals do have the highest SOS but I don't see them beating the Pats or Browns, would need them to beat one and beat us for us to jump them)
    NY Giants last three: Phins, Redskins, Eagles (NYG have a lower SOS than us and with playing two 3-10 teams still to come it will get lower so the only way we jump them is they win 2 of three and we go winless)
    Redskins last three: Eagles, Giants, Cowboys (Being they are tied with us we need them to win just one game, preferably vs the Eagles or Cowboys)

We still have a shot at #1 but would be hard to see. Bengals and Giants would both need to go 2-1 and Redskins 1-2 with us losing all three games.

I think our best bet is #3 with the Redskins beating NYG, but in reality I don't see us losing to the Bengals. If we win that game and other teams keep lossing we have to worry about falling behind the tie teams in the Lions and Cardinals. Lions face Bucs, Broncos and Packers (Best chance is Bucs and Packers if they sit guys), Cards face Browns, Seahawks, Rams (Browns a slight chance and Rams again if they sit guys). Atlanta has a very high SOS and is playing well so I'm not worried about them. Jags are the last team who we could fall behind and they play Raiders, Falcons and Colts (Only win I can see is Colts if guys sit)

Now if we beat NYG and Bengals we could fall out of the top 10, win all three and we are pick late teens.

Looking at our other picks, sure looks like one of Pitt/Hou is making the playoffs. Our best shot of knocking one of them out is the Ryan Tannehill lead Titans team who play the Texans twice knocking them out. Steelers are pretty good right now and play the Bills, Jets and Ravens who could have #1 locked by then. They would need to loose 2 of 3 and us have the Raiders or Colts go 3-0 to get by them. Raiders have the easier schedule as Colts face NO next week I just don't trust them to win out, nor the Steelers to loose to the Bills AND Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Ok so looking at the draft right now,

Bengals last three: Pats, Phins, Browns (Bengals do have the highest SOS but I don't see them beating the Pats or Browns, would need them to beat one and beat us for us to jump them)
    NY Giants last three: Phins, Redskins, Eagles (NYG have a lower SOS than us and with playing two 3-10 teams still to come it will get lower so the only way we jump them is they win 2 of three and we go winless)
    Redskins last three: Eagles, Giants, Cowboys (Being they are tied with us we need them to win just one game, preferably vs the Eagles or Cowboys)

We still have a shot at #1 but would be hard to see. Bengals and Giants would both need to go 2-1 and Redskins 1-2 with us losing all three games.

I think our best bet is #3 with the Redskins beating NYG, but in reality I don't see us losing to the Bengals. If we win that game and other teams keep lossing we have to worry about falling behind the tie teams in the Lions and Cardinals. Lions face Bucs, Broncos and Packers (Best chance is Bucs and Packers if they sit guys), Cards face Browns, Seahawks, Rams (Browns a slight chance and Rams again if they sit guys). Atlanta has a very high SOS and is playing well so I'm not worried about them. Jags are the last team who we could fall behind and they play Raiders, Falcons and Colts (Only win I can see is Colts if guys sit)

Now if we beat NYG and Bengals we could fall out of the top 10, win all three and we are pick late teens.

Looking at our other picks, sure looks like one of Pitt/Hou is making the playoffs. Our best shot of knocking one of them out is the Ryan Tannehill lead Titans team who play the Texans twice knocking them out. Steelers are pretty good right now and play the Bills, Jets and Ravens who could have #1 locked by then. They would need to loose 2 of 3 and us have the Raiders or Colts go 3-0 to get by them. Raiders have the easier schedule as Colts face NO next week I just don't trust them to win out, nor the Steelers to loose to the Bills AND Jets.
    Depending how long Parker is out, we could end up losing to both NYG and CIN . . . we will get hammered by NE. I'm confident we will still be top 4 by the end of the season. And I agree, one of PIT and HOU will make the playoffs. I think TEN is the best team in the AFCS right now because of Tannehill and Henry. This is the first time in Tanny's career he has had a running game, and he is killing it with PA passes. I'm happy for him and rooting for him to make the playoffs.

I still see MIA getting Tua, just without the huge market for him and a potential trade up from another team wanting him now that he is injured. MIA gets him at #4 easily, if they want him. If they elect to go with another player with their first, they can still get him if they package their other two 1sts and move up ahead of SD, but that bridge can be crossed later.

At this point I've given up all hope of a top 3 pick. I just want to minimize the damage we've done to our stock. One or two wins would be absolutely brutal for us.

If were not drafting a qb with the 1st pick trading back will probably be our goal with all of our 1st rnd picks.

It's possible, but I think in the top 10 you'll have a chance to draft an elite talent so you should stay put. Get someone like Brown, Okudah, Epensa or Simmons. I think a more reasonable trade down scenario is trading one of the other picks for something like a future first.

I don't know about staying top 10. This FO and coaching regime stated that they don't need elite players, they need players that will basically do their job. If this FO gets #4, and another team calls up and offers their 2020 1st + 2021 1st and then some, you have to really consider dropping down some spots.

Its still unclear what they think about 22 year old Josh Rosen. and I said 22 years old. in his 2nd year. They could be waiting until next year to unleash Rosen after a year in the playbook and a solid OL and running game in front of him. The media and fans were saying 'Tank for Tua', but this FO could have been saying 'Roll with Rosen' . . . in 2020. This team is not good, at all, and throwing a young QB behind this terrible OL proves nothing this year.

I like Tua, I think he will be really, really good. I'd be perfectly fine taking him at #4. I'd also be fine accepting Rosen as our future QB and building the team around him . . . and if it doesn't work out, grab Lawrence or Fields in 2021.

I just want it to be known that the thought process should not be Tua or bust in this draft

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    It's possible, but I think in the top 10 you'll have a chance to draft an elite talent so you should stay put. Get someone like Brown, Okudah, Epensa or Simmons. I think a more reasonable trade down scenario is trading one of the other picks for something like a future first.
    Who knows, but new england and flores both have the same philosophy, that they rather have 2-3 good players than 1 really good player.

Also cant forget flores was a draft scout.

And we have a lot of positions that need major upgrades, and id bet thats far more important to him than 1 star who could be a bust anyway.

Also top 10 picks cost a lot more than the later picks, not that we need cap space, but something else to think about.

I think trading back and for future picks will be the main goal in the 1st rnd, besides a qb.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    I don't know about staying top 10. This FO and coaching regime stated that they don't need elite players, they need players that will basically do their job. If this FO gets #4, and another team calls up and offers their 2020 1st + 2021 1st and then some, you have to really consider dropping down some spots.

Its still unclear what they think about 22 year old Josh Rosen. and I said 22 years old. in his 2nd year. They could be waiting until next year to unleash Rosen after a year in the playbook and a solid OL and running game in front of him. The media and fans were saying 'Tank for Tua', but this FO could have been saying 'Roll with Rosen' . . . in 2020. This team is not good, at all, and throwing a young QB behind this terrible OL proves nothing this year.

I like Tua, I think he will be really, really good. I'd be perfectly fine taking him at #4. I'd also be fine accepting Rosen as our future QB and building the team around him . . . and if it doesn't work out, grab Lawrence or Fields in 2021.

I just want it to be known that the thought process should not be Tua or bust in this draft
    I think they really like rosen, but want to make sure hes prepared, and has a oline that can be average at least.

You dont put a young qb behind this oline.

Also our whole wr core will be returning next season too, so they all will have a year with the playbook under their belt, which is huge for rosen and this offense.

We see how much trouble brady is having with all the new wrs, who arent fast enough with the system yet. Its a complicated system.

I dont think its a coincidence hearns, grant, parker, all got extensions, this staff wants them to learn the system this year to be ready next year.

And than you add in laird, geisiki, and the fullback all returning, thats a lot of guys who go into next camp knowing the book and their roles in the offense.

Good situation for rosen really. The staff did a great job planning for him tbh.
    Last edited by TakeAnotherL; Yesterday at 09:23 PM.

You guys really need to accept that the staff just doesnt like Rosen. Unless he makes massive improvements in his timing.

And I understand that the staff would rather 2 good players over one great, but you still have to think about the fit for some players. Simmons is just a better version of Patrick Chung which is one of the biggest missing pieces in this scheme. Epensa is a Trey Flowers clone and Okudah is a man to man stud. All 3 fit perfectly for what Miami wants to do on defense.

Grier has also shown a tendency to stay put and take the best player available. Yes hes said he wants to always have extra ammo in the draft but hes already got 2 extra next year. If theres someone they love there then I expect them to stay.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223