Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    If we somehow get #2, I'm taking Young. I know alot of people hate that idea and believe you take Tua no matter what, but Young is a GAME CHANGER on defense, we need those bad. He starts day 1 and probably does well enough to be considered as rookie of the year and possibly pro bowl his first year.

If he stays in school, that would shake up the entire draft imo. We would be in an amazing position to trade back out of #4 and pick up additional picks for a QB needy team wanting to potentially jump up for Herbert
    I am not gaga for Young like everyone else. I would take Simmons over him because the drop off from him to the next player at his position is incredibly massive. Young to the next DE is not. he might not even be the best DE in the class in 2 years. if the dropoff from Simmons to the next at his position wasn't so incredibly massive I would take Young

I also don't think Young makes as big of an impact as Simmons does
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 12-04-2019 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    I am not gaga for Young like everyone else. I would take Simmons over him because the drop off from him to the next player at his position is incredibly massive. Young to the next DE is not. he might not even be the best DE in the class in 2 years. if the dropoff from Simmons to the next at his position wasn't so incredibly massive I would take Young

I also don't think Young makes as big of an impact as Simmons does
    In what world does young not make a massive impact, he is the most dominating dlineman in college football in years.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    If we somehow get #2, I'm taking Young. I know alot of people hate that idea and believe you take Tua no matter what, but Young is a GAME CHANGER on defense, we need those bad. He starts day 1 and probably does well enough to be considered as rookie of the year and possibly pro bowl his first year.

If he stays in school, that would shake up the entire draft imo. We would be in an amazing position to trade back out of #4 and pick up additional picks for a QB needy team wanting to potentially jump up for Herbert
    You can't win in this league without a QB, if the team feels Tua is the guy you take him.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    In what world does young not make a massive impact, he is the most dominating dlineman in college football in years.
    he makes an impact just not as big as Simmons to me. I preferred Nick Bosa a lot more coming out than Young. you can get a starting elite DE that teams have to plan against with the other 1st rounder. you cant do it at LBer

I think Simmons once drafted is the best LB in the entire NFL which is crazy because he can play S and CB as well. also Simmons is more important scheme wise and fits the scheme way more than Young does to me

And we've only said that the past 5 years with the top DE.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    You can't win in this league without a QB, if the team feels Tua is the guy you take him.
    if they feel Tua is the guy take him yes but we can get a QB easy. you can get one in the 2nd round since Fromm Eason, Hurts should all still be there. maybe Love but I don't see it considering how good I think he is. you can get one in the 2021 draft. you can get Cam. you can get Mariota. maybe Winston or Foles. you have Rosen and Fitzpatrick so you don't need to take one if you aren't sold

Burrow looks like the only sure thing right now in my eyes and I struggle to see the Tua hype since he only throws like 3 diff passes, can't make tight window throws, and is extremely injury prone. his IQ is high and his deep ball is great but he doesn't bring much else to me. hopefully he is legit if we draft him though. I wouldn't rule out Herbert being our pick or pick #1. Im not a fan but he is going to go top 10 somewhere with Tua

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    lol yep

I love Tua, I do. Perfect QB fit for our system. If the FO thinks he is a legit franchise player, then I'm all for the pick. We'll see soon enough if he enters. If he stays, means no team in the top 10 was touching him. But fans have to be prepared for a 'BPA' scenario with any and all of our picks. If that means Andrew Thomas, Jerry Jeudy, Derrick Brown, Jeff Okudah, Simmons, etc over Tua . . . then that is all you need to know about the FO and coaches views on him and his injury.

And in 2021, Lawrence and Fields will probably lead the way. I am very intrigued by both of them to be honest. But again, I was also very intrigued by Mayfield last year.

And not sure if people are just forgetting about him, or bypassing him, but Rosen can be the future of the team in this regime's mind. We could already have our franchise QB, and people don't even realize it. Get a legit left tackle, and some damn interior OL that can actually block, and Rosen may just succeed.

Try and pry Trent Williams from WSH for a 2020 2nd (NO pick) and 2021 2nd or 3rd, sign RT Daryl Williams, keep Deiter and Davis at OG, draft an OC (Biadasz) and draft OL depth. Draft a legit RB that can be a potential 3-down back (I'm a Swift or Etienne guy) . . . that's the start of a very good thing. Rosen can work with that and succeed.

he makes an impact just not as big as Simmons to me. I preferred Nick Bosa a lot more coming out than Young. you can get a starting elite DE that teams have to plan against with the other 1st rounder. you cant do it at LBer

I think Simmons once drafted is the best LB in the entire NFL which is crazy because he can play S and CB as well. also Simmons is more important scheme wise and fits the scheme way more than Young does to me
    Scheme wise you may be on to something, ill agree with you on that.

But impact wise, young destroys more pass plays than any college player ive seen in awhile. It seems like at least 5 plays a game he knifes right through the left tackle and gets to the qb, which is a lot.

But your right, theres other options, matos is def another d end id be happy to land.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Besides Garrett, none of the other d-ends were called generational. Not bosa, not any of them.

What Young is doing is blowing Bosa's college numbers out of the water. Its not even close how much more doninating young has been.

Scheme wise you may be on to something, ill agree with you on that.

But impact wise, young destroys more pass plays than any college player ive seen in awhile. It seems like at least 5 plays a game he knifes right through the left tackle and gets to the qb, which is a lot.

But your right, theres other options, matos is def another d end id be happy to land.
    Matos has huge upside. Kinlaw is who I want at DE more than anybody else

Besides Garrett, none of the other d-ends were called generational. Not bosa, not any of them.

What Young is doing is blowing Bosa's college numbers out of the water. Its not even close how much more doninating young has been.
    thats not true. Bosa and Clowney both were considered to be generational. I preferred all 3 coming out over Young. he reminds me of Bruce Irvin and I feel the same way about him that Colin Cowherd does. he has elite speed though in a straight line

if we lose out on Burrow

R1 Isaiah Simmons
    R1 Javon Kinlaw
    R1 Henry Ruggs
    R2 QB

Clyde Edwards-Helaire is the RB I want if he comes out

thats not true. Bosa and Clowney both were considered to be generational. I preferred all 3 coming out over Young. he reminds me of Bruce Irvin and I feel the same way about him that Colin Cowherd does. he has elite speed though in a straight line
    Bruce wasnt even that good in college and is small, i dont see that comparison at all.

But there may be some truth that chase lacks the ability to bend and is mostly gonna be straight line.

As for generstional, Chase is better than both bosa and clowney as far as college production and pure domination.

Chase was outproducing bosas best numbers by mid season.

Nick Bosa was being talked about as a hall of Famer when he was a high schooler. Clowney was talked about as the next Reggie White. And Garrett was just as hyped up.

I love Young, but every year we have some generational talent at DE.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast