Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    As for burrow tua, im just not impressed with burrow when things break down. I was surprised how strong he was though able to break multiple tackles.

But othereise he doesnt look like he has the feel for the game when the pocket breaks down, and after years of watching that statue, ryan tannehill, I want a qb who can make things happen with his feet under pressure.
    He had a few bad sacks where he didnt feel the blindside pressure but otherwise he played great under pressure. Heres his stats under pressure last night:

7-of-11, 88 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, 5 sacks, 128.0 psr rtg
    (1 throwaway, 3 scrambles, 4 1Ds)

Again, the sacks are concerning but he also moved off his spot a lot last night. A lot of those sacks were missed assignments where Burrow thought his guy had the block.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Well forget about getting a top 2 pick now

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    He had a few bad sacks where he didnt feel the blindside pressure but otherwise he played great under pressure. Heres his stats under pressure last night:

7-of-11, 88 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, 5 sacks, 128.0 psr rtg
    (1 throwaway, 3 scrambles, 4 1Ds)

Again, the sacks are concerning but he also moved off his spot a lot last night. A lot of those sacks were missed assignments where Burrow thought his guy had the block.
    He looked great on the stat sheet, he played well, but i still wasnt impressed, not the way i want to be impressed by a potential top pick.

Most of those stats were just blown coverage or great catches. I dont see anything special about him.

Quote Originally Posted by _Supreme_ View Post
    Well forget about getting a top 2 pick now
    I am completely lost...

Watch Cincy gets the #1 pick and Miami ends up with #2-5, plus Pitt's 1st and Texans 1st... Then Grier makes the GM move of the century and trades those three picks to Cincy for the 1st pick... Sounds so smart... As GM he could have just started Rosen all season and we walk right into the #1 slot and still have two other 1st's...

If the season ended right now the Phins would either be in the 5th slot or 6th slot... So brilliant...

Lot's of big name FA QB's next season...
    Bring in 41 yr old Brees, 38 year old Rivers, 39 year old Manning, 35 yr old Henne... Why not give Tannehill another shot at greatest... ... completely sarcastic in bold...

I'm sorry for the end of the world scenario, but any looooong time Phins fan knows how this organization has been backwards for so long...

Please tell me the young guy development plan... The OL gave up 3 sacks, but there should have been at least 5... Nothing special from our young WR's except for Parker... Young Ballage was blahhh... Young defensive standouts...??? Maybe Baker...

Sorry folks, Miami wins 4 games and ends up with hopefully a 5 to 9 pick...

The way it's going I see Grier, Flores and his entire staff gone after 21'/22' season...

We absolutely suck at any and all plans...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    I am completely lost...

Watch Cincy gets the #1 pick and Miami ends up with #2-5, plus Pitt's 1st and Texans 1st... Then Grier makes the GM move of the century and trades those three picks to Cincy for the 1st pick... Sounds so smart... As GM he could have just started Rosen all season and we walk right into the #1 slot and still have two other 1st's...

If the season ended right now the Phins would either be in the 5th slot or 6th slot... So brilliant...

Lot's of big name FA QB's next season...
    Bring in 41 yr old Brees, 38 year old Rivers, 39 year old Manning, 35 yr old Henne... Why not give Tannehill another shot at greatest... ... completely sarcastic in bold...

I'm sorry for the end of the world scenario, but any looooong time Phins fan knows how this organization has been backwards for so long...

Please tell me the young guy development plan... The OL gave up 3 sacks, but there should have been at least 5... Nothing special from our young WR's except for Parker... Young Ballage was blahhh... Young defensive standouts...??? Maybe Baker...

Sorry folks, Miami wins 4 games and ends up with hopefully a 5 to 9 pick...

The way it's going I see Grier, Flores and his entire staff gone after 21'/22' season...

We absolutely suck at any and all plans...
    I dont like that were winning, but coach still has to keep the locker room and develop the young players, and show that this team is a team free agents should come to in the off season.

We have WAY more cap space than any other team. Free agency will be big for us.

Ateast the team is still playing hard, in the past, if we were bad our team quit on us no matter who coached.

But yeah, not locking up the first pick in the 1st and 2nd round sucks, not to mention pitt keeps winning, and fitz has been their mvp.

Both Fitzpatricks' are screwing us out of a QB lol.

Does anyone think that the FO and coaching staff actually like Rosen for 2020? I still am hoping for Tua, even with a top 7 pick.

But if we are indeed out of the QB race, then let stack the crap out of this team with a top notch WR, and some defensive studs.

Theres no point in discussing Rosen anymore. If the staff actually felt like he was good then they would have started him
    Theres a chance he isnt even the backup next year unless Grier just goes nuts again.

It's time to discuss Fromm/Eason/Love/Herbert. Unless we can trade up we're just not going to get one of the top guys. And even though we have the ammo to do it, it takes two to dance. If the Bengals and Redskins finish with the top two picks I dont think you could convince them to move back. I dont care about Haskins, I'm sure Snyder would love Tua or Burrow.

Its not the end of the world, because I really think this staff can do it. I really think the scheme is good and they're incredible at teaching players. But my biggest fear is that this turns into another team wasted by a QB. Look at the Vikings(although they're playing well), Bears, Browns, Buffalo, Tampa, Steelers and both LA teams. The past few years have shown that you can scheme up a lot for a bad QB but eventually teams will figure it out and the QB has to step up.

Pretty sure we still have the 4the pick at this point since the Jets and Falcons won. But this team is winning at least 2-3 more if not more.

I'm insanely terrified of the future, but I'm sold on this staff. I still think the past few weeks have been more about bad team, and catching the Colts without their QB and WR, but the fact that we have the worst roster in NFL history and Flo STILL has these guys playing well is insane. This staff has a lot to fix too but it's still incredibly impressive.

Where some QB's have been picked..

Brady (199), Wilson (75), Rodgers (24), Watson (12), Mahomes (10), Brees (32), Big Ben (11), Marino (27), Favre (33), Montana (82).

Carr (1), Jamarcus Russell (1), V.Young (3), Harrington (3), Couch (1), Akili Smith (3), Leaf (2), Winston (1), Mariota (2).
    Last edited by jtownsfine5t; 11-10-2019 at 10:41 PM.

Theres no point in discussing Rosen anymore. If the staff actually felt like he was good then they would have started him
    Theres a chance he isnt even the backup next year unless Grier just goes nuts again.

It's time to discuss Fromm/Eason/Love/Herbert. Unless we can trade up we're just not going to get one of the top guys. And even though we have the ammo to do it, it takes two to dance. If the Bengals and Redskins finish with the top two picks I dont think you could convince them to move back. I dont care about Haskins, I'm sure Snyder would love Tua or Burrow.

Its not the end of the world, because I really think this staff can do it. I really think the scheme is good and they're incredible at teaching players. But my biggest fear is that this turns into another team wasted by a QB. Look at the Vikings(although they're playing well), Bears, Browns, Buffalo, Tampa, Steelers and both LA teams. The past few years have shown that you can scheme up a lot for a bad QB but eventually teams will figure it out and the QB has to step up.
    I think eason will stay in college 1 more year. He could be a top 5 pick if he developed more. Hes probably still a late 1st rnd pick as of right now though.

Love i want no part of.

Herbert, burrow, or tua, could all be the #1 pick, it just depends what a team is looking for.

Fromm hasnt impreased this year.

Miami has so many options, its anyones guess how they approach the draft, it wouldnt surprise me if they traded back adding as many future picks and current mid round picks as possible though.

And if thats the case, and you have to wait another year to draft your qb than so be it. At least well have a real team thats ready for that QB when he gets here.
    Last edited by TakeAnotherL; 11-10-2019 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jtownsfine5t View Post
    Where some QB's have been picked..

Brady (199), Wilson (75), Rodgers (24), Watson (12), Mahomes (10), Brees (32), Big Ben (11), Marino (27), Favre (33), Montana (82).

Carr (1), Jamarcus Russell (1), V.Young (3), Harrington (3), Couch (1), Akili Smith (3), Leaf (2), Winston (1)
    It was a mistake that those guys fell though. If teams knew what they were getting they would all of went top of the draft.

Even bellichek says he doesnt deserve praise for brady, because had he known he was that good he would of drafted him way earlier obvioisly.

Exactly, theres exceptions to everything. Theres usually reasons guys fell. Using Brees or Wilson as examples is just dumb to me because they fell for the obvious reason of their height.

I just dont see a guy in this draft where I feel like he'll fall for some dumb reason. Love would be the only one I could see happen because hes been terrible this year but hes got plenty of question marks.

I agree with you L. If the team cant make a trade happen and they're not confidant in the next tier of QBs then wait until next year. I doubt the team is bad enough after the rebuild to fall into a good pick, but theres some good QBs next year too and you have the ammunition to try and trade up again.

I dont care if it's a longshot, but I'm offering either of the top two teams in the draft all 3 firsts to try and move up if it comes to that. Both of these firsts look like theyll be terrible value and if you dont feel comfortable in Grier making the picks then I have no problem flipping all three. It would suck, but the QB is the most important thing espcially considering what this staff has done with no-names.

I dont care if it's a longshot, but I'm offering either of the top two teams in the draft all 3 firsts to try and move up if it comes to that. Both of these firsts look like theyll be terrible value and if you dont feel comfortable in Grier making the picks then I have no problem flipping all three. It would suck, but the QB is the most important thing espcially considering what this staff has done with no-names.
    That would be an absolutely terrible move if it was made by any NFL team... That is only a great move in the NBA...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

At least I know that I am not alone...

Barry Jackson @flasportsbuzz
    yesterday

For those of you happy about win today, please help me understand how the fleeting joy of beating third string QB helps offset damage it did to Dolphins landing potential franchise QB? Is it because you believe Herbert or Fromm are great if they can't get Tua or Burrow?

Barry Jackson @flasportsbuzz
    yesterday

Who would have thought after losing 59-10 and 43-0 that, less than two months later, Miami (now 2-7 after win today) would be long shot to land first overall draft pick? Unreal. Satisfying for coaches and players, but potentially highly damaging

Reggie Lewis

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast