Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    I'm pretty bored, so I was checking out the 2020 cap space and roster for us. If we release both RJ and Wilson, we're going to have close to extra $15M in cap, giving us close to $123M. I honestly think both will be gone. I loved RJ too. Great player.

I would love to see us do this (as you can see, I'm going Qb in 2021 and hoping they see what Rosen has in 2020 behind a hopefully destructive OL):

FA -
    OG Andrus Peat
    OT Daryl Williams
    CB Marcus Peters

Trade -
    OT Trent Williams - trade 2020 NO 2nd rd pick and 2021 MIA 3rd rd pick (WSH has to get something for him. Low ball them and see if someone offers better. only signed through 2021.)

Draft -
    1a. DT Derrick Brown
    1b. OC Tyler Biadasz
    1c. WR Laviska Shenault
    2a. RB Travis Ettiene
    3. DE Khalid Kareem
    I like almost all of this.

If free agency went as you planned and picks 1A and 1B did too then I would hope to trade 1C for a 2020 2nd AND 2021 1st. More ammo to trade up for a qb if need be in 2021

I like your thinking and this also gives us a decent amount of cap to roll over into 2021!

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    I like almost all of this.

If free agency went as you planned and picks 1A and 1B did too then I would hope to trade 1C for a 2020 2nd AND 2021 1st. More ammo to trade up for a qb if need be in 2021

I like your thinking and this also gives us a decent amount of cap to roll over into 2021!
    I'd actually also swap Shenault for Jonathan Taylor and Etienne for Davonte Smith . . . but I agree, a trade back from 1c would benefit MIA the most if they actually are targeting a Qb in 2021 like I think they will. good point.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    I'd actually also swap Shenault for Jonathan Taylor and Etienne for Davonte Smith . . . but I agree, a trade back from 1c would benefit MIA the most if they actually are targeting a Qb in 2021 like I think they will. good point.
    Etienne too good to pass in the 2nd rnd for us imo, you can run your offense around that dude, and make the qbs job a whole lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    I think hes far better than goff.

I said before the season started goff sucked and would get exposed this year snd thats exactly what happened.

Goff without prime gurley is nothing. Just like tannehill without prime ajayi or prime henry is nothing.

I think rosen is better than that.

At this point nobody is wrong though. So well just have to wait and see.

Imo developing goff the right way is what this staff is doing. I dont think they are either sold on him or giving up on him. But i do think they want to develope him slowly and re-evaluate based on what they see from him next year.

This roster wasnt built for a young qb to succeed this year, no matter who we had. And i think this staff knows that.
    Forgetting the 3 wins, the atmosphere around Miami's entire organization is winning... That is why IMO Rosen will not start next season unless Fitz gets hurt...

Give any QB a line and a runner and they'll be in the playoffs...

This team definitely needs to figure out a rb/oline plan... Our leading rusher will be in jail and behind him is a 37 year old QB from Harvard...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    Forgetting the 3 wins, the atmosphere around Miami's entire organization is winning... That is why IMO Rosen will not start next season unless Fitz gets hurt...

Give any QB a line and a runner and they'll be in the playoffs...

This team definitely needs to figure out a rb/oline plan... Our leading rusher will be in jail and behind him is a 37 year old QB from Harvard...
    I dunno who will start next year, but fitz is old as heck, and taking one hell of a beating this season, and while hes been great for us, lets not act like we dont know who fitz is. Hes a guy who looks great one game but can become irratic the next two.

With every hit, I worry that FitzPatrick will snap in two...or choke on his gum. Seriously he's tough and runs well when he needs to get a first down, but just walking around he looks pretty beat up and stiff.

In speaking with TMZ Sports, Ohio State junior EDGE Chase Young said that the "plan" is to return to school for the 2020 season.
    Last edited by jtownsfine5t; Yesterday at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jtownsfine5t View Post
    In speaking with TMZ Sports, Ohio State junior EDGE Chase Young said that the "plan" is to return to school for the 2020 season.
    It wouldn't be unprecedented, but I think when most guys are telling you could be a top 2 pick thats millions you can't pass up. It's also coming from TMZ who caught him off guard at some event and asked him a qestion that he replied that. He could of be talking about it was his plan to always complete his college career but things change.

But this just just another to add to a long list of reasons why you don't try and tank for one player. Just play the season and see where you end up. Then look the the board and start hoping for who you want. These next three games will be huge. We could end up with the 1st pick still or end up picking in the late teens. It's super close right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    With every hit, I worry that FitzPatrick will snap in two...or choke on his gum. Seriously he's tough and runs well when he needs to get a first down, but just walking around he looks pretty beat up and stiff.
    Its the worse beating ive seen a qb take since rg3s rookoe year. But with rg3 it was mostly his own fault.

He just keeps getting knocked around, hes going to have a long recovery after the season is over. Would not surprise me one bit if he decided to retire.

Yea I have a hard time seeing Young go back unless he is just 100% all about the school and not his own future. Another year could only hurt his stock.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Our OL has allowed 118 QB hits (Most in the league, 107 is #2) and 51 sacks (Most in the league, 50 is #2)

Now it isn't all on the OL, a good chunk is on the QBs and some can even be on RB/FB as well as WR not getting open. Even still the OL must be addressed, at a min we should have 3 new OL but I would like 4.

There shouldnt be a single player on this oline that should be handed a starting spot next year. Davis and Dieter should get to compete just based on commitment to them but they havent shown any real reason to expect more from them.

I expect us to add 3-4 Olineman in FA but my favorite spots in the draft are center and tackle. I'd look at both spots with our last 1st and first 2nd.

So with the Redskins choking against the Eagles, we're still sitting at #4 with the Lions right behind us. Giants and Redskins play next week so if we lose against the Bengals, which looks much more likely than any of us thought, we could finish with a top 3 pick.

I know some people have said top 5 would be too risky to draft Tua, but I'm still ok with it. But if that's how Grier feels then I think Andrew Thomas or Derrick Brown would be my picks with Simmons being close behind. DT is a much bigger need than most think and Brown would be a monster for the team.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; Today at 05:35 PM.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425