Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 136 to 149 of 149
  1. #136
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,331
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    to me its Love or Tua but imo Love is the best one
    1. Love
    2. Tua

    Tua is maxed out to me. Tua = Steve Young. Love = Mahomes. I would draft Love but start Rosen and unleash Love in 2021

    Hurts isn't draftable and Herbert is above Fromm
    I'll take a Steve Young any damn day of the week lol. Tua will most likely be the 1st QB taken in the draft, unless some sort of catastrophic injury happens . . .which would just be our luck

  2. #137
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,882
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    to me its Love or Tua but imo Love is the best one
    1. Love
    2. Tua

    Tua is maxed out to me. Tua = Steve Young. Love = Mahomes. I would draft Love but start Rosen and unleash Love in 2021

    Hurts isn't draftable and Herbert is above Fromm
    I like Loves potential, but in what world would you pass up Steve Young?

    Love to me has the feeling of a Kapernick type situation. A guy that falls to the 2nd goes after guys like Fromm/Andy Dalton.

  3. #138
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Posts
    14,438
    he isn't Steve Young. its his comparison because he has a similar style but he is a poor version of him. doesn't have his arm or athleticism

    youtube has an hour long video of every 2018 dropback of Tua

    I personally think Love is much better than him. I actually think he is better than Trevor as well

  4. #139
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,331
    Grier and Co. are going to shock the NFL world by NOT going QB with their first pick. Grier knows that he will have a great chance at Lawrence in 2021, and he has Rosen ready to take it now. He will build around Rosen for 2020 by TRADING the #1 overall pick for a haul of 1sts and 2nds . . . say 2020 1st, 2020 2nd and 2021 1st . . .and we're talking about a trade back of a couple spots (to say #5 or #6).

    2020 - 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 5th, 6th, 6th, 7th, 7th
    2021 - 1st, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th

    I am hoping they target Jerry Jeudy man. We are going to have no really good WR at that point (Albert is slated to count $10M against the cap). Maybe grab a 2nd rd QB, but build the two lines and grab a S (to replace RJ as he will probably be released)

  5. #140
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SWFL
    Posts
    29,872
    You can't bank on a QB two years out. Too many variables. Could get hurt, could pull a Herbert and stay in school. Family could want him to finish college. We will be drafting a qB in 2020.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  6. #141
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,882
    You take the elite QB when you have the chance. I loved Rosen and warmed up his possibility, but I'm not going to fault the Dolphins for passing on him when they have a chance at a real elite prospect. I mean everyone for years has been begging for the Dolphins to take a QB until they find one. They risked it with Rosen and feel like hes not the guy. If you finish that high you dont play around, take Tua and call it a day. Jeudy is great but New York showed that an elite WR is useless without an elite QB, just like an elite LT is useless without anyone to protect.

    Although if we dont finish with the top pick, I'd be perfectly fine with moving back. Herbert looks so much like Trubisky to me and hes such a hard pass for me. Tons of athletic ability but just isnt mentally a top QB. Some team will love his potential but I'm not willing to wait on that. Part of the Browns turnaround was they waited for their guy (although they obviously passed on a few good ones as well). Dont force a QB pick just because you need one.

    Welcome Back Sweet Prince

  7. #142
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,331
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    You take the elite QB when you have the chance. I loved Rosen and warmed up his possibility, but I'm not going to fault the Dolphins for passing on him when they have a chance at a real elite prospect. I mean everyone for years has been begging for the Dolphins to take a QB until they find one. They risked it with Rosen and feel like hes not the guy. If you finish that high you dont play around, take Tua and call it a day. Jeudy is great but New York showed that an elite WR is useless without an elite QB, just like an elite LT is useless without anyone to protect.

    Although if we dont finish with the top pick, I'd be perfectly fine with moving back. Herbert looks so much like Trubisky to me and hes such a hard pass for me. Tons of athletic ability but just isnt mentally a top QB. Some team will love his potential but I'm not willing to wait on that. Part of the Browns turnaround was they waited for their guy (although they obviously passed on a few good ones as well). Dont force a QB pick just because you need one.
    This is my point though. Tua has amazing accuracy and is the best QB in this draft class. But why force it just because we have the #1 pick (hypothetically)? If the organization sees a better player they want over Tua, but believe he can be had a couple slots down, then do the trade. I don't think the organization is down on Rosen at all. I think they have a plan for him. He will probably play after the bye week. I believe that the FO thinks he can be a franchise QB, but why throw him to the wolves? If there is even an inkling of doubt running through their minds . . . then I'm absolutely okay taking Tua.

    BUT if they have feelings that Rosen can be special, then you have to put pieces in place to build around him. Like a couple elite OL prospects, a true WR1 . . . and if Rosen isn't the guy after 2020, at least you have the pieces in place to bring in another option in 2021.

    My thought is, if this team doesn't think that Tua or Herbert or whatever QB is not worth their #1 pick, then trade it down and get more assets for the next draft, while grabbing some extras for this draft. Or if they believe that Tua is on the same level as Rosen, don't waste the pick on Tua then.

  8. #143
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Posts
    14,438
    it has to be 2020. the chance of us getting #1 are really great. the chance of us getting #1 in 2021 very poor. doesn't matter how many draft picks you have you won't be able to trade for Trevor

    2020
    1. Jordan Love or Tua QB (course I prefer Love)
    1. Tyler Biadasz or Creed Humphrey C (really want Tristan Wirfs bad but he is likely going top 5)
    2. Mekhi Becton OT

    Free Agency: go hard at a pass rusher like you did in 2019. If I were Seattle I would resign Jadeveon Clowney after the year but if for some reason they don't I am looking his way again. another player who probably will get an extension or tagged that I am looking at is Chris Jones. he is going to cost a ton like Aaron Donald but we won't have to worry about it because we will have a cheap QB and wont have Tunsil to pay. if he gets tagged I try to trade for him

    2021
    1. Xavier Thomas DE (with our 1st pick)
    1. Rondale Moore WR (stud) HM: Patrick Surtain Jr CB

  9. #144
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Posts
    14,438
    Rosen isn't a franchise QB. I think the front office knows that. he is a great backup on the cheap that you can roll with for a year if you don't want to rush your rookie out. also someone you can still flip in the future for a decent pick if you wanted

  10. #145
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,331
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    Rosen isn't a franchise QB. I think the front office knows that. he is a great backup on the cheap that you can roll with for a year if you don't want to rush your rookie out. also someone you can still flip in the future for a decent pick if you wanted
    Agree to disagree on Rosen, but that's what a healthy debate is. Rosen was a top 10 pick. Teams don't trade high picks for back-up QBs. Rosen had crap in ARZ to work with, and now he has crap again with MIA. Everyone is down on him because he stunk behind the worst OL in the NFL last year, and now because MIA wants to feed Fitz to the wolves for the first four weeks (and anyone on here blaming them does not know football), Rosen is all of a sudden not a possible franchise QB? Come on dude. The kid has a cannon, is football smart, is dealing with this adversity like a pro. I still think Rosen can be our franchise QB. Whether to FO agrees or not . . . who knows.

    We'll all see once he starts after the bye week.

    I am not impressed with Love enough to draft him high. Tua sure. Possibly even Herbert (not at #1 though). I honestly would take Rosen over Herbert and Love and Fromm. Tua is the only QB I would draft in the 1st.

  11. #146
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,882
    So I understand your point that hey maybe they like Trevor over Tua, but it will be nearly impossible for this team to be historically bad for 2 straight years unless Flores and the staff are terrible. It's the only reason the Browns were able to do it on top of Sashi missing on a lot of picks.

    This year we might actually have a shot at the #1 pick (although Oakland is now trying again). So if you get a shot at Tua who you think may be a top 10 QB in this league, you take him. It doesnt matter if you grade Tua at a 98 but think Trevor is a 100. Both are incredible and would change your franchise entirely.

    Even if we dont add a lot of players next offseason, theres already a handful of young talented guys here. So you add them to a class of more good rookies then the team will perform better next year. So its impossible to set yourself up to tank for two straight seasons.

    Welcome Back Sweet Prince

  12. #147
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,513
    If we have the first pick I expect Tua will be the guy. If we have the first pick its because we have the worst record and if we have the worst record Rosen will likely have not panned out.

  13. #148
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,331
    1st pick could be because of our QB situation, our coaching (please I hope not), our OL, and now maybe even our defense. This could be a total team effort to lose. But if Rosen comes in and makes the games tight, and has some good numbers (comp % 60+, 2:1 TD/INT ratio, low sack numbers), then you would have to strongly consider the notion of not taking Tua. I was a huge Tannehill fan (still am), I am a big Rosen supporter, and I see the excitement that could come with Tua . . . so really any way the team goes at QB in 2020 would not bother me.

  14. #149
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Fromm was designed for our system of quick, accurate hits. Tua would probably dominate day 1 with our current system. I'm still on the Rosen wagon, as I firmly believe Rosen is one of the smartest QBs' in the NFL right now. He has to learn to step up in the pocket, but kind of hard to do when the pocket is not clean. I want Rosen as my QB1 for years to come. Even with that being said, I still think a QB is needed either in 2020 or 2021 as insurance.

    Riley has made both Mayfield and Murray #1 picks . . . Hurts will get drafted higher than people realize by the time the draft comes around. If Hurts controls that offense like Mayfield and Murray did, he'll go bottom 1st - mid 2nd in the draft.
    I really like Rosen too, thought he looked really good in the off season.

    Will be hard to get a accurate account of what he is on this roster though watching Fitzgerald run for his life in that first game, it would be criminal to judge Rosen behind that oline.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •