Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

2019 NFL Draft Nashville style

Thursday - 7:00 CT
    Friday- 6:00 CT
    Saturday- 11:00 CT

Bears do not have a 1,2, or 6. They have two 7s.

Who you want?
    Last edited by toovey107; 04-27-2019 at 04:53 AM.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    3 guys want above all others

1) David Montgomery

I don't think he is perfect or anything but he is a day one starter and seems to fit our system. Can make guys miss or pound betweeen the tackles. Also has good amount of pass catching ability.

Miles Sanders used to be my guy. But after realizing fumbling issues as well as exploding im the combine he is likely out of our range.

I think he has loads of Kareem Hunt written on him. I also love the Leadership he has rallying teamates back to the sidelines. He seems no nonsense.

2) Jimmy Moreland

Aggressive. Instinctive. A bit small. But ran well at his Pro day. Small school but he is reportedly really chippy for his size and not afraid of larger guys. Has a bit of off feild stuff where he was let go from football but the new coaching staff gave him abother chance and he could really be solid.

3) Bruce Anderson

I have loved him for a while. And he may end up free. At worst you get a special teams guy. And best he could be a really good pass catching RB. Running abikity is a bit of a question being small school. But size and wiggle are good enough he could surprise. But watching him run seem and wheel routes is what you really want your pass catching RB to do.

Last year we got one of my guys in James Daniels. I hope for one or more this year.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

I hope we wait until round 4 for a back. I'm thinking we go safety round 3. We've met with Tell, Hooker and Redwine. All great athletes. I love Savage from Maryland but I think he could be a surprise pick Thursday night. Happens every draft.

If it was me I'd even push it to round 5. I don't think there's really and separation from this RB class from the first guy drafted to the tenth. I really don't.

I'd personally go

3. Maxx Crosby/ Christian Miller
    4. Marvell Tell/Hooker
    5. Best back on your board- Jalin Moore/Mattison

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    If it was me I'd even push it to round 5. I don't think there's really and separation from this RB class from the first guy drafted to the tenth. I really don't.

I'd personally go

4. Marvell Tell/Hooker
    I agree after probably the top 5. I still hope 1 or two make it there though. If any of Jacobs Harris Sanders Montgomery or Henderson are there. I think you have to take them if you like them. Especially considering I really don't love the pass rushers where we are drafting (unless somebody fell)

Guys like Winovich,Ferguson or Polite I would be fine with but Crosby has project writen all over hin( not really what we need in a win now scenario) and Miller may be OK but I am allways a little Warry of who on that Alabama team is good vs a product of good players around him. (Kinda the way Amos looks alot better when u have a D with Mack And Jackson)

I also just don't see how a win now type team sees a 3rd or 4th string S as more important than a RB when we all agree the Running game last year was an issue that needs solving. Especially considering when pace likes a guy he goes out and gets him. He doesnt sit there and hope hr makes it to the 5th.

Honestly if we are not trading up using next years capital i dont see why we cant hold off an adress S then. And as far as pass rusher again finding a rotational guy would be great but by the late 3rd and basically 4th your probably not getting a contributor but a developmental guy kinda like Fits.

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post

I'd personally go

4. Marvell Tell/Hooker
    Plus I could easily see them deciding to go with more of a receiving back and going with a three headed monster instead of looking for a three down guy. I wouldn’t hate that. There’s a lot of good fits all throughout the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Plus I could easily see them deciding to go with more of a receiving back and going with a three headed monster instead of looking for a three down guy. I wouldn’t hate that. There’s a lot of good fits all throughout the draft.

Do you really trust Davis enough though. Lets be honest he is basically a total unknown at this point and our only real Power Option to compliment Cohen (who lets be real we all know is not a 3 down back nor a guy to handle extreme workloads IMO) His good year could very well be contract itis. I hope not but I am not running him thinking he is the guy as he could easily end up as a signing like Weaton instead of Gabriel. We just dont know

So if he doesnt we are counting on Cohen and a splash of Paterson.

we lost 250 touches from last year. Mike Davis has not even had that in his entire carear. No real telling if he can handle a majority of that workload or not. And thats under the radical impression injuries don't strike either. (Lets be real we had some extreme luck last year)

To me I would love a breakdown as follows

We had 369 total rushes from our backs last year

125 rushes for Cohen (up from 99)
    100 rushes Mike Davis
    100 rushes for the Rok
    25 for Paterson.

Thats 350 so u can add or drop a few pending.

But you can add or drop between Mike Davis and the rok pending if the rok isnt ready or mike davis isnt working. And if one goes down u have the other one step up. But if you think some late round flier is going to be enough. I think your either overvaluing the comitee we already have or overhauling the ease of which it is to find a guy who can step in and make an impact.

Has pace had his hits late on RBs. Sure. But he also drafted Jeremy Langford. And if you add a Jeremy Langford and then have an injury your really starting to get into trouble.

-Rem Koolhaas

Happy football sorting hat dayl

-Rem Koolhaas

I think we might get Henderson

I so don't care about the draft this year. Not sure why Bears fans would all that much either. The team's core is basically built, and this draft is basically gonna be getting a runningback and some depth/role player type moves.

Not saying we aren't gonna get a good player, but I don't expect a lot of immediate contributions from this class which makes it hard to get excited. I'll be watching the Cubs tonight anyway, probably have the draft ticker going in the background.

If the bears end up with a 2nd. Seems like they are planing for a trade up scenario.

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    I think we might get Henderson
    I would not hate it. I question where he goes. Have seen him talked about as a fringe first...... Or a 5th. So hard to tell.

-Rem Koolhaas

I don't think RB is a lock with our 3rd either, unless someone significant falls. I do think Pace will be somewhat aggressive in addressing DB as well. I'd also like to see them grab a WR at some point. This class has a lot of depth at the position, but there's going to be some pretty intriguing ones still on the board by day 3, probably even as UDFA's.

I will watch day 1, but only as background noise. It's harder to be invested when we don't pick for such a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I so don't care about the draft this year. Not sure why Bears fans would all that much either. The team's core is basically built, and this draft is basically gonna be getting a runningback and some depth/role player type moves.

Not saying we aren't gonna get a good player, but I don't expect a lot of immediate contributions from this class which makes it hard to get excited. I'll be watching the Cubs tonight anyway, probably have the draft ticker going in the background.
    It sucks we don’t draft until the 3rd but it is still fun to see how everything goes down. All the trades that happen and people sliding down makes the draft exciting to watch. Btw cubs play day game and are on right now.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast