Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    First off JJ is shooting 64% in 2 games from 3. The other 3 games he's shooting 28%. Second off you don't lose the games we have because of 1 or 2 guys. It's everyone. Thirdly, I don't see why there should be a problem in pointing out the fact that other guys are struggling too.

Of course JJ makes sense given his ability to space the floor and knock down 3s but defensively he gets us into so much trouble. Just watching the games it jumps off the screen how often his guy beats him and someone needs to leave their man to play help D leaving wide open 3s. I'm all for bringing him back but I'm sorry it's time he gives us a discount and takes the mid-level exception. Toronto hasn't isolated him the way Boston usually does but he's still the root cause of our defensive issues.

As for Tobias, I think he's proving he's not a max player but I don't know what you do. Teams have $ so he may get a max. I hope he likes it here and is willing to come back for less than that. Would be a tough pill to swallow to just let him walk as a 26 year old who actually fits the roster construction pretty well as a 4 who can shoot and isn't a total liability on D.

Jimmy I think you have to bring back. Again, ideally he takes slightly less than the max but I think the possibility of that is all but gone. He seems to really like it here and the city has fully embraced him as he's become essentially the heart and soul of this team right now. 5 years worries me some but I think it's a gamble we have to take.

Ben gets exposed every playoffs. He needs to be able to shoot. Simple as that. Needs to become his life's mission to become a shooter. He does it, he's one of the very best players this league has. He doesn't do it, he'll always be a liability offensively come playoff time.

Embiid needs to make it his mission to get into incredible shape. Talent wise there's no better big this game has ever seen possibly. The last missing piece with him is health both injury wise and other. Gotta be peaking come playoff time not falling apart. Manage his minutes and games better in the reg szn if necessary. Idc if he never wins an MVP or DPOY, that's not our goal.

Rant over.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    First off JJ is shooting 64% in 2 games from 3. The other 3 games he's shooting 28%. Second off you don't lose the games we have because of 1 or 2 guys. It's everyone. Thirdly, I don't see why there should be a problem in pointing out the fact that other guys are struggling too.
    i dont think he is struggling at all, though. Ignore last night, that wasnt on him if hes not getting the ball. Like i said 2 shots in the first half after he made an early 3 to start the half the game was over a few mins later. he a role player doing fine in his role. Harris, Embiid, and Simmons are way more of a problem. The Monroe experiment needs to end now too, give some mins to Bolden and Bobi.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    i dont think he is struggling at all, though. Ignore last night, that wasnt on him if hes not getting the ball. Like i said 2 shots in the first half after he made an early 3 to start the half the game was over a few mins later. he a role player doing fine in his role.
    godunkadunk8 hit a bunch of the points with JJ. And looking at just shooting percent at all isn't the way to look at it. JJ is struggling, which isn't shocking because he's never been a great playoff player.

Harris, Embiid, and Simmons are way more of a problem.
    And I said that they are. You just skipped all of that.

The Monroe experiment needs to end now too, give some mins to Bolden and Bobi.
    Bolden sucks and can't defend anyone. Boban doesn't have a good matchup in this series so he shouldn't be on the floor.

and Monroe has a good matchup? we are lucky to get a good game out of him in the first place. Boban finds ways to be effective, give him a few and see what he does, Bolden can at least move and i rather see him over Monroe now. Changes have to be made tomorrow, see what some of the deeper guys can do in short bursts at different times.

No it hasn't.
    So stupid isn't it? So many people acting like this is the end. Like we're some aging vet team and this is the last run. Just think after the Warriors lost Game 7 to the Clippers in 2014 if they said 'it's over' and gave up and tore it down. Two successful seasons after years of struggling, losing in the 1st round after making it to the 2nd round the previous season and saying it's over. We're not going to grow or get better, we just can't do it and give up.
    Last edited by bootsy; 05-08-2019 at 08:44 PM.

embiid def needs to eat better and get into better shape... the **** that has been posted about his eating habits is incredibly concerning

Embiid, in particular, just needs to shut up and play his game. Hopefully there will be a game 7 but I doubt it.

I blame Embiid's diet mostly on himself but also the organization and coaching staff. They got to know about his eating habit to an extent.

IF you want to be the best, most dominating big men in the league how do you NOT know dieting and preparation is key component. Embiid can't be that naive and his trainer is to blame also.

Bolden sucks and can't defend anyone. Boban doesn't have a good matchup in this series so he shouldn't be on the floor.
    So you think Boban can't matchup with Gasol?

As far as brett brown I dont put this series on him... I put it on ben... but Steven A makes a ton of good points even if he is an idiot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tuBHXrLszc

The sixers were never prepared for this game like boston last year... I dunno... Something drastic needs to change as soon as this season ends... Even if we win the next 2 we cant keep going down this road. I would def still look to find a better coach and trade Ben simmons... If embiid doesnt want to diet and work on himself he can ****ing go too.. I am not like the rest of you guys who defend a guy until you are blue in the face... I want to ****ing win... we should be better then we currently are... do whatever it ****ing takes... We just lost by ****ing 36 guys... something isnt right.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillySportFan View Post
    So you think Boban can't matchup with Gasol?
    He can, but Nurse has been pulling Gasol the minute Embiid subs out. Boban got run in game 1, and Ibaka went in the second he did every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    I blame Embiid's diet mostly on himself but also the organization and coaching staff. They got to know about his eating habit to an extent.
    Ehhh thatís just half of it. The other half is cardio. And if that knee is preventing certain cardio activities heís going to struggle to get down some.

Quote Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
    So stupid isn't it? So many people acting like this is the end. Like we're some aging vet team and this is the last run. Just think after the Warriors lost Game 7 to the Clippers in 2014 if they said 'it's over' and gave up and tore it down. Two successful seasons after years of struggling, losing in the 1st round after making it to the 2nd round the previous season and saying it's over. We're not going to grow or get better, we just can't do it and give up.
    yea, this is whats most annoying about sixers fans anymore. this series still isnt even over which makes it more annoying.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast