Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 125
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    8,919
    im still gutted from last night but gotta give respect where its due, KL made an all time shot. 5 mother ****ing bounces i still cant believe it. I dont get the blame on Brown at all.Forstarters he coaches his *** off in these playoffs with a roster he coached for like 20 games, no backup center and his superstar center playing through illness and injuries. Yet we still went to game 7 and were probably one bad bounce away from taking the game in OT. The last 2 mins were a mess but ive been saying it all season, Brown cant control lack of execution and awareness on the floor, shot clock issues are 1000% on the players.

    I want Brown back next year and if we dont push for the Finals im fine moving on but lets not pretend like there are any better candidates available right now, theres not, not even a little. Keep most of this squad if possible and add a real back up 5 and we will dominate next season, I strongly believe that. I know not everyone will be back though so im interested to see how the offseason goes. Pay James Butler whatever the hell he wants, i dont care, he is worth every single cent to this team.

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    105
    I like Tobias Harris....I hope they bring him back....he can play inside and out.....Butler I'm more iffy on....yes he brings attitude and swagger to this team, but do they all fit together?

    I'm not ready to give up on Brown just yet....I'm not firing a coach of a Game 7 loss on a flukey last second bounce. If we were blown out....yeah show him the door....

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    8,919
    how can anyone not be sold on Butler after these playoffs? ill steaming if we let him walk.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,338
    I thought Brett made the necessary adjustments in this playoff run unlike last year.
    With that said i find myself asking same questions about his offensive sets and substitution patterns that i asked when we had the Wroten and Jakarr Sampson, and the excuse then was he didn't have NBA caliber players.

    Thank God he had slim pickings in the playoffs. I thought that actually worked to his advantage having so little options on the bench.

    A huge part of me wants him back for continuity sake but this notion that there's no better coach in America is quite honestly idiotic.

    I did not know if Butler was a great fit during the regular season but after the playoffs I'm all in on re-signing him.

    I thought the team as a whole took a huge step forward in this playoffs. A huge step forward.

    I thought Ben Simmons grew up defensively guarding Kawhi for 7 games.

    Moving forward, Embiid has to get better, Ben has to get better, bring back Ennis and Scott.
    If JJ comes back he can't be a starter, and I'm not sure about what to do with Tobi.

    We need a backup Center and a natural scoring 1 or 2 who can unlock a defense single handedly. I wish we can clone Sweet Lue Williams.

    Enough of my rant.

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Seoul
    Posts
    286
    The Harris trade looks so dumb now. Two firsts and Shamet. That Miami pick could be a really good pick. This organization has gotten some rotten luck. Fultz is maybe the biggest bust of all time and then Smith is hurt the whole season. Will any of our lottery picks ever play their rookie year?

    Iím indifferent on Brown coming back. I have zero confidence in the front office. Theyíre going to build around embiid who wonít stay healthy. Ben will be off the roster next offseason. Iím actually for trying to retain everyone and then blowing up the roster next offseason. This didnít work so letís run it back. I donít want a team constantly getting bounced in the first and second round.

    Iím still bitter about Hinkie getting pushed out. This would have never happened under him. We went all in and now weíre a mess. The Colangelo family sabotaged our organization.

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    53,548
    We're not a mess. Step back from the ledge. We got 1 bonafide superstar, a second rising star, and gobs of cap space in a loaded FA.

    PROCESSING

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    8,919
    Brown is being retained. Glad we have a competent front office. Eniis is under contract for cheap next season so thats huge. Adding Smith will be a huge boost too, hopefully he will be ready to start.

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,305
    I feel about BB the way I feel about Ben - if you can find a better coach to replace him, then be my guest. But don't tell me he needs to be fired for the sake of a coaching change. The dude got you within 2 points of the ECF. Had we won that game, I'd have been fully conifident in us going to the Finals.

    Like I'm not against trading Ben; but it would need to be for a haul, not just because he can't shoot.

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,338
    Quote Originally Posted by urban85disciple View Post
    I feel about BB the way I feel about Ben - if you can find a better coach to replace him, then be my guest. But don't tell me he needs to be fired for the sake of a coaching change. The dude got you within 2 points of the ECF. Had we won that game, I'd have been fully conifident in us going to the Finals.

    Like I'm not against trading Ben; but it would need to be for a haul, not just because he can't shoot.
    I agree with keeping Brett after getting the team that far (that game basically came down to a coin toss to me), BUT come on it isn't going to be difficult finding his replacement.
    Like, let's get real here. Brett hasn't won !@#$ and there's still a NBA champion coach out there.

    Some of you guys act like there's a sudden dearth of Basketball minds in America. STOP IT.

    There are a ton of good coaches out there. A ton of them. Hey, Nick Nurse just beat us to the ECF. This time last year no one knew him.
    Last edited by STRIKERC; 05-14-2019 at 09:48 PM.

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by STRIKERC View Post
    I agree with keeping Brett after getting the team that far (that game basically came down to a coin toss to me), BUT come on it isn't going to be difficult finding his replacement.
    Like, let's get real here. Brett hasn't won !@#$ and there's still a NBA champion coach out there.

    Some of you guys act like there's a sudden dearth of Basketball minds in America. STOP IT.

    There are a ton of good coaches out there. A ton of them. Hey, Nick Nurse just beat us to the ECF. This time last year no one knew him.
    There are? Well name them. If there were so many why the hell is Monty Williams, the Van Gundys, Mark Jackson are the name brought up in many coaching searches. Monty Williams was in line for like 3 jobs and he's not even close to a good coach. A college coach got an NBA job.

    As for the coach out there who won a title, I assume you are talking about Ty Lue who has a championship because he coached Lebron. Coaches in the NBA are only as good as the players on their roster. Nick Nurse wouldn't be in the conference finals without Kawhi. If the Raptors still have Derozan they aren't in the conference finals right now.

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,338
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
    There are? Well name them. If there were so many why the hell is Monty Williams, the Van Gundys, Mark Jackson are the name brought up in many coaching searches. Monty Williams was in line for like 3 jobs and he's not even close to a good coach. A college coach got an NBA job.

    As for the coach out there who won a title, I assume you are talking about Ty Lue who has a championship because he coached Lebron. Coaches in the NBA are only as good as the players on their roster. Nick Nurse wouldn't be in the conference finals without Kawhi. If the Raptors still have Derozan they aren't in the conference finals right now.
    I have stated that as long as this country remain the United States of America there will be good basketball coaches out there. I don't have to know them either.

    IT ISN'T MY JOB TO KNOW OR IDENTIFY THEM.

    Brett Brown is not nearly good enough to be talk about as if without him there's no one else good enough to coach a basketball team.

    Did you know how good Popovich was before he became a Spurs coach?
    Did you know how good Brad Stevens will became as an NBA coach?

    There are good basketball players and coaches littered across America as there are good soccer players in Brazil.
    Last edited by STRIKERC; 05-15-2019 at 08:19 PM.

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by STRIKERC View Post
    I have stated that as long as this country remain the United States of America there will be good basketball coaches out there. I don't have to know them either.

    IT ISN'T MY JOB TO KNOW OR IDENTIFY THEM.

    Brett Brown is not nearly good enough to be talk about as if without him there's no one else good enough to coach a basketball team.

    Did you know how good Popovich was before he became a Spurs coach?
    Did you know how good Brad Stevens will became as an NBA coach?

    There are good basketball players and coaches littered across America as there are good soccer players in Brazil.
    If you are going to say this:

    Quote Originally Posted by STRIKERC View Post

    Some of you guys act like there's a sudden dearth of Basketball minds in America. STOP IT.

    There are a ton of good coaches out there. A ton of them. Hey, Nick Nurse just beat us to the ECF. This time last year no one knew him.
    you better damn well start naming names. If not then you STOP IT. Like I said I gave you names of coaches that are getting or considered for these jobs so that tells me that there aren't a ton of good coaches out there or else they would be getting jobs. And like I said a coach especially in the NBA is only as good as the talented players on his team. Nick Nurse only looks good because he coaches a team with Kawhi Leonard on it.

    Popovich coached a team with Tim Duncan on it. That helps a lot.

    Brad Stevens, is he that good of a coach? Well we saw this year that he couldn't handle a team loaded with talent. So no I don't know how good Stevens is at the pro level yet.

    And I noticed you avoided my Ty Lue question as far as 'there's still a NBA champion coach out there'. You know damn well Ty Lue is not a good coach and was in a very fortunate situation.
    Last edited by bootsy; 05-16-2019 at 02:29 AM.

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,338
    No i don't have to name names and I insist,

    THERE ARE GREAT BASKETBALL COACHES LITTERED ACROSS AMERICA!

    Again, it isn't my job to identify them. Good FO's have continued to identify good coaches since the game was invented.
    This is the center of the basketball world. It's stupid to sit there and think a second round coach is the only guy who's capable of coaching a basketball team.

    And dude, who cares if some lazy FO's are looking to recycle coaches?
    Danny Ainge didn't settle for a re-thread. He went to college and found a great young coach. Nick Nurse was a D League coach, he just defeated Brett Brown's team.

    I didn't avoid your Ty Lue question. I didn't bother responding because it's quite frankly stupid.
    Do you know the number of great NBA players who never won a championship?
    My guy, it takes more than a great player to win.

    You want me to sit here and think a coach who hasn't gotten past the second round is better than the guy who actually won one, really???

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    8,919
    lol how you gonna keep saying there are all these great coaches without being able to name one? how is 2 years a big enough sample size to truly judge Brown with a winable roster? Lets just ignore his 2 best players are 22 and 23. Lets ignore how much all of these players raved about him above beyond what they had to say after the season. Lets ignore that we missed the ECF due to the luckiest shot in league history. but yea fire the guy bcuz there are made up great coaches out there in your head that you cant name. this is some mtm dumb ****.

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,338
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    lol how you gonna keep saying there are all these great coaches without being able to name one? how is 2 years a big enough sample size to truly judge Brown with a winable roster? Lets just ignore his 2 best players are 22 and 23. Lets ignore how much all of these players raved about him above beyond what they had to say after the season. Lets ignore that we missed the ECF due to the luckiest shot in league history. but yea fire the guy bcuz there are made up great coaches out there in your head that you cant name. this is some mtm dumb ****.
    Did you read my post at the top of this discussion or you need comprehension lessons?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •