Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Storch View Post
    He talks to much and tells too many stories lol
    Lol he feels more like a scout master around a campfire telling stories.

The media asks him about free agents and he winds up giving a book report.

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    this

friggin KCP like Jesus ordering bread to come from the heavens. da fuq?
    Lol I remember that. I had the same response. Too much insense.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Seems like you guys just want to get mad at someone every single day...
    Lol you damn right. We have to take out our frustrations on someone. I will make my judgement after next year for him. If Magic was that bad or whatever then letís see this guy do his thing and see what he accomplishes.

Iíll tell you what will happen this summer.. Weíre gonna overpay some mid tier star to play with Lebron because no respectable player wants to come here.. Of course we could always hope Jeanie has billboards put up all over enticing big name free agents to come..

By the time the 2020 playoffs roll around, it will have been a whole decade that we made a finals and/or won a championship. And 7 years since our last playoffs (6 really in 2012 when we had Kobe). Let that sink in a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    Iíll tell you what will happen this summer.. Weíre gonna overpay some mid tier star to play with Lebron because no respectable player wants to come here.. Of course we could always hope Jeanie has billboards put up all over enticing big name free agents to come..
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Lol you damn right. We have to take out our frustrations on someone. I will make my judgement after next year for him. If Magic was that bad or whatever then letís see this guy do his thing and see what he accomplishes.
    Exactly, let's see what he can do or can't do.

I don't expect much from Pelinka this summer. I actually expect him to be the scapegoat after this summer. He was left in a very bad spot by Magic (whom just left) with extremely high expectations. Unrealistic probably.

From what I've taken from Jeanie the last few years is that she shoots for the top and if she doesn't hit she just puts her little bb gun away and stops shooting. She doesn't shoot for mid level anything. And I'm talking about every part of the organization, from the FO, medical, coaching, players etc. If she doesn't get a top guy she just let's the position go unfilled or she'll just give it to an ex-Laker until she can get a top guy.

I find it very hard to believe if a top executive is willing to come to the Lakers that Jeanie will let Pelinka stand in the way. If a top FO person doesn't fill the spot in the next couple of weeks I don't think it's because the position wasn't offered to them, they just simply didn't want it. At least not until this summer is passed along with the unrealistic expectations that's gonna come with the job. This summers free agency class is that great.

But like I said, unless something changes in the next few weeks when guys like Ujiri, Meyers, West become available and take the position, I don't expect much from Pelinka this summer. Then it'll look like he failed and probably be let go for a more experienced duo that can step in and look like they're cleaning up Pelinkas mess.

But then there's scenarios where I can see Pelinka surviving a bit. Like for how long is he under contract. If he has a couple of more years left then I can totally see Jeanie keeping him around till his contract if closer to expiring. Another one is if Pelinka, through Kobe, could convince Jeanie into trading LBJ. That'll but him more time.

Iím on my phone and for some reason only have the mobile version so I am not able to do links. I saw an article that Pelinka was emailing Jeannie about Magic and ďaccidentallyĒ ccing I guess Magic. The backstabbing comment by Magic May apply to that. Maybe Magic was that bad or busy elsewhere and Rob was telling the truth but maybe he was saying crap about Magic so he can have his job. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    By the time the 2020 playoffs roll around, it will have been a whole decade that we made a finals and/or won a championship. And 7 years since our last playoffs (6 really in 2012 when we had Kobe). Let that sink in a little bit.
    I knew we were going in this shiitty direction as soon as Dwight left and having incompetent ownership at that point. I told my brother we wont see the playoffs for the next 4 to 5 years...unfortunately it's gone past that now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

[/SIGPIC]
    [/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Exactly, let see what happens (or what doesn't happen).
    How much more really needs to be seen? If everyone in basketball pretty much has the same feelings about this dude they all canít be lying. Iím not one who wants to blame him for everything but if other executives in the league donít want to deal with him that could be a problem. I still say the problem with this team is one Jeannie Marie Buss. I just donít think sheís cut out to be an NBA owner. Not sure what rob did to gain her complete trust I just hope it felt good.

The lost boys

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12