Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    What are yall's thoughts on who the Cowboys draft? Good pick?

Quote Originally Posted by Farty Farts View Post
    and now safeties are wiped outside of gardner-johnson
    Deionte Thompson is better than Rapp IMO and good very likely still be there for us or we know how much Kris Richards likes bigger CBs and Amani Oruwariye fits that mold perfect. 7 INTs too so he makes plays. Or if you want a future very good TE to replace Witten go after Dawson Knox.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    What are yall's thoughts on who the Cowboys draft? Good pick?
    Cowboys were all about this guy for weeks and i completely trust who they feel happy about. His upside is insane and would have been round 1 pick if not for a couple hot headed incidents with his coaches. He is starting 3tech day 1 and Collins will rotate in with him.

Quote Originally Posted by NFLNBA View Post
    Cowboys were all about this guy for weeks and i completely trust who they feel happy about. His upside is insane and would have been round 1 pick if not for a couple hot headed incidents with his coaches. He is starting 3tech day 1 and Collins will rotate in with him.
    Insane upside. I like that. Just glancing at some of the analysis on the different shows. Daniel Jeremiah stated that he has outstanding first step quickness and is the first one off the ball when he's on the field. Sports Illustrated said that the Cowboys value that first step quickness for their gap penetrating schemes. SI also said that Hill is a little raw, but that quick first step is what the Cowboys covet.

As for McGovern, Jeremiah said that he was his highest graded guard left on the board. Can uproot you in the run and has pocket protection awareness.

MR B, I noticed that the Patriots picked the player you liked, Damien Harris.

Not saying they did anything wrong but itís so interesting that this team refuses to draft safety in the early rounds.
    Literally every safety was available and they passed. Not sure why they devalue the position so much.
    Donít want to pay for one or draft one early.

I'll give the team a B so far

On the picks alone I'm thinking C or C- but this team has a lot of contract coming up and not to beat a dead horse they cant pay everyone. if Hill is an upgrade over Collins come 2020 then its a win. If Williams can play RT and McGovern can step in and at least be better than what Williams was last year as a rookie, its a win. If you cant trade La'el you have another upgrade at guard for 2019 there, then the hope is again McGovern is at least league average come 2020. Thats why I give them a B for their first two picks.

I wanted a safety with all that was on the board at the time. Adderly, Thornhill then Rapp in that order because I believe the first two can step in and play FS if something happened to Woods for a period of time, but would also be really good cover SS. I'll also say with Heath being your SS this team still had a really good defense last year so him being the worse player on the field isnt a detriment to the team. I would have screamed for AJ Brown if he fell to us over everyone and probably would give this draft a D so far if that happened and we passed on him. AJ is a better, more explosive Beasley and hes probably better than Cobb right now. Doesnt matter to me that we have Cobb for 2019 just like it did not matter to them that they had a starting OL and DL with some depth already before the draft.

I think its WR and Rb in the 4th no matter what, the way it falls is how the board stacks on who you have to take and who you can wait on with the 2nd pick in the round that we own. Personally I want Emmanuel Hall, he allows you to play Cooper more in the slot especially next year (2020)which this team was talking about for this year anyway. He's probably only a burner, does have some drop issues, doesnt seem to play though injuries, at least he did not in college and this offense as we know it from the past few years isnt a vertical offense but he gives you position flex with Cooper, allows Gallup to stay as your big possession WR even though his best trait last year seemed to be the 9 route, at least early. Draft hall and if teams dare play single high vs our three wide I'd flex Hall out wide and make him the first option and tell him just to go deep. doesnt mean hes going to have big numbers or will even get the ball let alone get open a lot he just stretches the defense even if he does not have the ball.

Well, LVE wasn't really on any of the mock drafts. So kudos to the Cowboys for picking him. Most mock drafts had that receiver that went to the Falcons as their pick.
    yeah he was. it was widely reported that dallas was in love him him and viewed him as urlacher 2.0. i just didnt agree with that analysis.

Is there any person in the second round that you feel teams will regret not taking a few years from now?

Drew Brees, Brett Favre, Mike Singletary, Micahel Strahan, Rob Gronkowski, Bobby Wagner and Devin Hester were all famously chosen in the second round after being passed over for lesser talented players.
    Drew Lock. Maybe I am a little biased but hes for sure better than Jones and I'll **** myself if Jones has a better career than him. Denver is going to have to keep revamping their defense as players get older and contracts come up but he may have went to the best situation outside of maybe Haskins. He has weapons at RB, WR and TE whenever he takes over and a defense on the other side of the ball. Only negative is Fluko still thinks hes good and wasnt going to be happy tutoring a kid again thats going to replace him. Yet again Fluko may have never been good at all even with a SB ring, just like Eli has never been Elite for the Giants yet people talk like he once was.

I have no idea what the hell GB is doing. They dont get Rodgers weapons. Yes hes had weapons and still has one in Adams but they really dont invest in helping their QB at all. Kind of glad Lock did not end up there as they had interest in him. Sure Rodgers would be a great mentor and they play a lot a like but they'd never get Lock any help either.

Drew Lock. Maybe I am a little biased but hes for sure better than Jones and I'll **** myself if Jones has a better career than him. Denver is going to have to keep revamping their defense as players get older and contracts come up but he may have went to the best situation outside of maybe Haskins. He has weapons at RB, WR and TE whenever he takes over and a defense on the other side of the ball. Only negative is Fluko still thinks hes good and wasnt going to be happy tutoring a kid again thats going to replace him. Yet again Fluko may have never been good at all even with a SB ring, just like Eli has never been Elite for the Giants yet people talk like he once was.

I have no idea what the hell GB is doing. They dont get Rodgers weapons. Yes hes had weapons and still has one in Adams but they really dont invest in helping their QB at all. Kind of glad Lock did not end up there as they had interest in him. Sure Rodgers would be a great mentor and they play a lot a like but they'd never get Lock any help either.
    Elway seems like quarterbacks with a big arm, so I guess he had his eye on Lock. Giants are confusing right now. Jones would have been better off with Odell there. The Packers management are way too conservative. There was an entire show on NFL Total Access where they were talking about how the GM hadn't made the big moves to go all in and get Rodgers more help while he is in his prime

What did you think of the Cowboys picks rounds 4-7? It seems like they really love stocking up on the defensive line. They also picked two running backs, a corner and a safety.

What did you think of the Cowboys picks rounds 4-7? It seems like they really love stocking up on the defensive line. They also picked two running backs, a corner and a safety.
    From what Pollard provides, he gives us ability as a WR and RB, while Weber is more RB... so I kinda get why we did that... I just don't understand why we didn't address Safety... either it was a smoke screen all along, we like what we have currently, or we're going the vet FA route to fill that need... or we pull of a trade that no one saw coming...
    New York Yankees
    Dallas Cowboys
    UCONN Huskies Football
    UCONN Huskies MBB
    UCONN Huskies WBB
    Philadelphia 76ers
    New York Knickerbockers

Quote Originally Posted by ktuck911 View Post
    From what Pollard provides, he gives us ability as a WR and RB, while Weber is more RB... so I kinda get why we did that... I just don't understand why we didn't address Safety... either it was a smoke screen all along, we like what we have currently, or we're going the vet FA route to fill that need... or we pull of a trade that no one saw coming...
    I think they're trying to give Iloka a shot there. Iloka's 6'4" similar in size to Kam Chancellor and maybe their thinking is that Kris Richard will groom him into a good option there. Iloka has a slightly better pff grade on coverage and a much better run defense grade on pff, though overall Iloka and Heath's numbers are very similar. Xavier Woods has by far the best pff grades on coverage among our safeties.
    Last edited by rocketfuel; 04-29-2019 at 06:19 PM.

i wanted james over LVE and that worked out for us, hopefully Hill will for us as well

but i have a feeling even if Hill does that the combo the chargers now have at safety will give me wood for years
    I love LVE but I think that was really a push.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

i wanted james over LVE and that worked out for us, hopefully Hill will for us as well

but i have a feeling even if Hill does that the combo the chargers now have at safety will give me wood for years
    Didnít like the pick at all. I wanted thornhill.

Yankees Farm System

I think they're trying to give Iloka a shot there. Iloka's 6'4" similar in size to Kam Chancellor and maybe their thinking is that Kris Richard will groom him into a good option there. Iloka has a slightly better pff grade on coverage and a much better run defense grade on pff, though overall Iloka and Heath's numbers are very similar. Xavier Woods has by far the best pff grades on coverage among our safeties.
    I like X, I still think him and Thornhill would have worked well together. But I value safeties that can cover more than anything.

Yankees Farm System

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast